Depp/Heard defamation lawsuit trial

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Anyone else have the drama of this trial as your guilty pleasure? The first week or so if it I was thinking “It’s sad for America that this trial is all over the news”

Now I can’t help it… I’m sucked in….

I think they are both crazy and toxic. I think Depp is getting way too much sympathy from fans with everyone attacking Heard.

Maybe, but that’s WB’s fault. They axe’d Depp over all this, while letting Heard retain her role in the DCEU. They essentially made Depp into the victim of all this before they had all the info.

I keep passing by all the clips floating around of the trial because frankly I don’t care about 2 strangers divorce. My only question is why does their divorce have a trial?

I keep passing by all the clips floating around of the trial because frankly I don’t care about 2 strangers divorce. My only question is why does their divorce have a trial?

It’s not about the divorce, that’s already happened. Amber Heard wrote an article in the Washington Post basically saying she is the victim of spousal abuse, and while she didn’t say the name, it was very clear it was Depp she was referring to. Depp’s career got turned upside down as a result. He stopped getting casted in movies, got replaced in the Harry Potter franchise, got dropped from Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

So he’s suing her for defamation, claiming that not only was he never abusive to her, she was actually abusive to him.

As for why everyone cares, it’s less about the outcome and more about the entertainment of the trial. There have been some absolute bloodbaths during questioning, Depp has been hilarious on the stand, Heard is very dramatic when she’s on the stand, stuff like that.

Last edited:
It’s not about the divorce, that’s already happened. Amber Heard wrote an article in the Washington Post basically saying she is the victim of spousal abuse, and while she didn’t say the name, it was very clear it was Depp she was referring to. Depp’s career got turned upside down as a result. He stopped getting casted in movies, got replaced in the Harry Potter franchise, got dropped from Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

So he’s suing her for defamation, claiming that not only was he never abusive to her, she was actually abusive to him.

As for why everyone cares, it’s less about the outcome and more about the entertainment of the trial. There have been some absolute bloodbaths during questioning, Depp has been hilarious on the stand, Heard is very dramatic when she’s on the stand, stuff like that.
I'd say for some it goes beyond just the entertainment. It proves this "believe all women" movement is dangerous nonsense.

Pretty strong closing arguments on both sides
Except for Elaine who wasted all the time yelling at the Jury and trying to get money and they had the law . Rottenborn would have been better just using all the time. You hardly ever see objections in closings and Elaine was getting them left and right. Depp's attorney Camille was killing it with Facts and speed and she is just a Great attorney worth every penny.

Aside from stuff that leaks through into memes and comedy I have not followed it at all.

Is it worth covering? I guess.
Should it be leading news? God no.

Aside from stuff that leaks through into memes and comedy I have not followed it at all.

Is it worth covering? I guess.
Should it be leading news? God no.

I hate to be old man yelling at clouds, but I've been disappointed in the people in my life who have been watching the trial every day. It seems so gross. I hate that I'm judging them but I can't help it.

I hate to be old man yelling at clouds, but I've been disappointed in the people in my life who have been watching the trial every day. It seems so gross. I hate that I'm judging them but I can't help it.
Last week every day I got home from work my wife would talk about it for 20 minutes. It was insufferable. Glad its over.

Depp won. Heard is done.

WB needs to reinstate Depp to the Fantastic Beats franchise immediately, a lot of saving face is about to happen.

Reactions: NEO

It’s just a distraction from every day work life. I work from home and I’ve had it going on every day in the background. It’s not like I’m emotionally invested in it, it’s just entertainment.

Reactions: rocytop2624
It’s just a distraction from every day work life. I work from home and I’ve had it going on every day in the background. It’s not like I’m emotionally invested in it, it’s just entertainment.

No judgment on that. I "watch" all kinds of BS while doing productive things

VN Store

Back