Dental Anxiety/Phobia -- Wisdom Teeth

And if you wake up in the middle of the surgery and see that the surgeon uses what looks like plain old garage pliers - and has his hand in the middle of your forehead and a knee on your chest yanking, yanking.... Just relax - that is normal procedure

Woke up right at the end of mine and all I could hear was crunch,crunch.after that they were through.

Had mine done in 84.all I know was a couple of weeks after I went back my jaw started swelling up and my dad had to take out another stitch.

Maybe that's why. All I've known are the ones that dissolve in a couple weeks. He may not even require stitches so that could be a non issue.

Never had to have my wisdom teeth removed, they came in without causing any problems.

You won't feel a thing. The worse thing is dry socket after they're pulled but that's pretty rare.

My sister had a dry socket after her's got taken out. It was pretty rough on her for a couple of days with that dry socket. I haven't had mine taken out yet, but apparently I need to have them taken out according to my last dentist appointment. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I was supposed to have all 4 out when I was 17, but he only got 3. I woke up half way through and the dentist was straddling the arms of the chair and was hammering away at my mouth with a chisel. I kid you not. He wasn't very tall so the only way he could reach was to climb on the chair. Shocked the crap out of me.

Then I got an abscess and my face blew up for about a week until the anti-biotics took effect.

The 4th tooth was growing sideways and impacted against the roots of the other teeth. I lived with that until my mid-30s when they finally went in from the side and got it out.

I don't go to the dentist that often because of this experience.

I'm sure you'll be fine though.

I was supposed to have all 4 out when I was 17, but he only got 3. I woke up half way through and the dentist was straddling the arms of the chair and was hammering away at my mouth with a chisel. I kid you not. He wasn't very tall so the only way he could reach was to climb on the chair. Shocked the crap out of me.

Then I got an abscess and my face blew up for about a week until the anti-biotics took effect.

The 4th tooth was growing sideways and impacted against the roots of the other teeth. I lived with that until my mid-30s when they finally went in from the side and got it out.

Yes...um...thanks for sharing?

You take a couple of deep breaths, then the next thing you know, somebody says its time to wake up, the procedure is over and you feel flat out giddy. What's no to like?[/QUOTE]

The sharp random pain that will wake you up in the middle of the night.

Realizing the prescription pain meds are just not enough.

Having to wrestle with your 'suprise' sibling whom you are 18 years older than for his lunch in a jar.

Other than that piece of cake!

And if you wake up in the middle of the surgery and see that the surgeon uses what looks like plain old garage pliers - and has his hand in the middle of your forehead and a knee on your chest yanking, yanking.... Just relax - that is normal procedure

There is alot of truth in this statement. I was awake the whole time for mine. You can actually hear the bones crunching and what looks like gallons of blood being pumped out of your mouth.

:eek:hmy: RIP AJ

Good luck, brah. Its not that bad I think I am around your age and haven't gone through it yet but you will get past it. One pain pill at a time.

I wish i was sedated. Straight novocaine for me. Well the assistant was hot, so maybe not.

The procedure itself isn't bad. But then again I like the drill, it feels good.

You'll be a'ok.

VN Store

Back