Democrats want to repeal Trump’s tax cuts and replace them with payouts for the poor

Taxes will eventually be raised even if Conservatives are in charge ("read my lips"). Tax cuts always balloon the deficit and only offer real benefit to the top. Even in this period of a booming and expanding economy the deficit is growing even faster because of lack of revenue. Just wait until we have a recession or downturn.

Reactions: Mick and TN Ribs
Taxes will eventually be raised even if Conservatives are in charge ("read my lips"). Tax cuts always balloon the deficit and only offer real benefit to the top. Even in this period of a booming and expanding economy the deficit is growing even faster because of lack of revenue. Just wait until we have a recession or downturn.

So reinstating those taxes and giving the additional income away makes sense?

So reinstating those taxes and giving the additional income away makes sense?
I don't believe I said anything about giving away the additional income. But since you mentioned it we have to cut spending everywhere, not give it away. If the deficit ever gets fixed then I'm on board for cutting taxes. Tax and spend (excessively) is a bad policy, but spend and not tax is worse.

We have record tax revenue now. We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

I don't believe I said anything about giving away the additional income. But since you mentioned it we have to cut spending everywhere, not give it away. If the deficit ever gets fixed then I'm on board for cutting taxes. Tax and spend (excessively) is a bad policy, but spend and not tax is worse.

You did not, but that's the intent and principle of this thread. The DNC wants to pull a Robin Hood and tax the rich to pay the poor as a voting tactic.

If the government cuts you a check every month, you are their employee. Which means they have the right to drug test you, give you a raise, fire you, or make you rake leaves in the yards of every senior citizen in your town.

This is stupid. The tax cuts are disproportionately designed to benefit the very wealthy. Leave the tax break for the middle class and eliminate the break for the extremely wealthy. Cut spending across the board.

Reactions: Sandman 423
You did not, but that's the intent and principle of this thread. The DNC wants to pull a Robin Hood and tax the rich to pay the poor as a voting tactic.
And the RNC want to campaign on tax cuts and when (as Hunter said) the taxes go up they blame the Dems and promise tax cuts. The RNC created this and has allowed them to manipulate the ignorant masses to allow a ballooning deficit. Admit it, the RNC does not have a solution to the deficit and only interested in power.

And the RNC want to campaign on tax cuts and when (as Hunter said) the taxes go up they blame the Dems and promise tax cuts. The RNC created this and has allowed them to manipulate the ignorant masses to allow a ballooning deficit. Admit it, the RNC does not have a solution to the deficit and only interested in power.

Was I arguing against this idea?

Trump on tv now saying he's going to cut middle class taxes 10 percent. Preserve the current cuts and add more.

Huh? Deficit is going to EXPLODE !!!!

Record tax revenues since the tax cut. They need to cut spending, but nobody has the guts.

Tom Steyer had a piece in USAToday proposing a wealth tax on the top .1%. Of course no one acknowledges that more revenue will just be spent; it's all about some mythical "fairness".

Trump on tv now saying he's going to cut middle class taxes 10 percent. Preserve the current cuts and add more.

Huh? Deficit is going to EXPLODE !!!!
You know he is just neutralizing your parties promise to give-give-give monies to those who refuse to work (buy votes)... not a big deal, just a blocking chess move. Find something else to worry about... like those coming to the border. How many are you going to take in or support?

Turns out the tax cuts weren't that popular:

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan said at a news conference celebrating the bill's passage. "If we can't sell this to the American people, we ought to go into another line of work," said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Judging by last week's midterm results, Republicans may need to update their résumés.

Republicans initially talked it up, tying it to a wave of corporate bonuses for workers. But the party quickly abandonedthat argument in congressional races across the country. Polls found support dwindling, even among Republicans, while the already strong opposition increased among Democrats. A Gallup survey found that a majority of Americans said they saw no increase in their take-home pay.

On election day, voters confirmed their feelings. Not only did they hand control of the House to Democrats, many of whom had run against the law, but exit polls conducted by NBC News showed that 45 percent of voters said the tax law had no impact at all on their household finances, while 22 percent said they had been hurt by it. Just 28 percent said it helped.
There are reasons for these feelings: Although the tax cuts have provided a boost to the economy, they have performed more like a short-term, deficit-financed stimulus than a permanent reorientation toward economic growth and higher wages. Republican claims that the law would prove deficit neutral have not come true.

The Republican Tax Cuts Were a Political Failure. What Does That Mean for a Party That Agrees on Little Else?

Helped me out. I get a couple hundred a month more.

NBC news poll, eh? Lol. 45% said no impact? I bet they don’t pay any attention. In fact, they were probably worthless libs who don’t have jobs anyway. I’d like to know exactly who they asked.

22% said it hurt them? I’d like to know more about that... lol

NBC news poll, eh? Lol. 45% said no impact? I bet they don’t pay any attention. In fact, they were probably worthless libs who don’t have jobs anyway. I’d like to know exactly who they asked.

Yeah I don't get it, either I am doing something really right or others are doing something really wrong. I noticed about a 200 a month increase from the tax withholding adjustment and when I do a quick tax refund estimate I look to actually get a refund this year.

If you had a paycheck you should have seen an increase in take home pay starting back in Jan. My employer bumped up pay raises also.

But I would imagine such a tax cut would take time to filter out. Businesses may want to make sure tax cut sticks around before they start adjusting employee compensation. They may not want tell employees "everyone's getting a raise!!!" if they think the Democrats may come back in a few months and try to repeal it.

A large portion of our country is comprised of idiots. But they do know orange man bad, and Schumer say tax cuts hurt.

This is stupid. The tax cuts are disproportionately designed to benefit the very wealthy. Leave the tax break for the middle class and eliminate the break for the extremely wealthy. Cut spending across the board.
The very wealthy actually pay taxes dumbass. And you and I are very wealthy before you start crying about it.

VN Store

Back