Democrats pushing to get rid of "So help me God"..

Thread's a week and a half old and it looks like you're the first one to bring him up. Soo..
Yeaaaah... I'm shocked and surprised actually that the dims could think of something on their own. But on the other hand, it is fitting with their zeal to destroy this country. God bless em all.

DemocRats are far more dangerous to this Great Country than our enemy’s abroad and that’s a fact Jack!

32vtng.jpg

Swearing on a bible holds as much clout as a playground pinky swear, maybe less.

Definitely less.

I grew up on the mean streets of midtown Memphis. Playground justice at Idlewild Elementary for breaking a pinky swear was swift and severe.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I wasn't aware that he did that. Shows you how much I keep up with current events. He's treading very dangerously

Yeah, you can't mess with the KJV. lol. Instead of telling people what to believe from a translation he doesn't like the masses to read on their own, he should just encourage that his subjects read and study from several translations.

He approved to change "Lead us not into temptation" to "Keep us from falling into temptation". slightly paraphrased, but pretty accurate.

Our Father: Pope Francis approves changes to words of Lord's Prayer, reports say

Meanwhile in KY...
West Kentucky Star - News
Other new laws taking effect in Kentucky will:
—Give pregnant women the right to request "modest" accommodations on the job, such as more frequent breaks or lighter duties.
—Make it easier for some people convicted of nonviolent felonies to erase their records. It lowers a required fee and expands the number of felonies eligible for expungement.
—Require public elementary and secondary schools, beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, to display "In God We Trust" in a prominent location, which could include school entryways, cafeterias or common areas where students are likely to see the words.

Let's be honest. What good does swearing to God do if they don't believe in God? For that reason alone, I'm perfectly okay with it. Not everyone is Christian, and not everyone believes in a higher power. Swearing to God, swearing on a Bible, it has no meaning to someone not Christian so why do it? Division of church and state.

How about we stop worrying about little things like this and have people start focusing on real issues that need addressing? I dont know about you but I am sick and tired of both sides quibbling, moaning and whining about trivial BS like this. Plastic straws, diet coke addiction, burth certificates, who should impeached, blackface, 30 year old yearbooks. Maybe if both sides would actually act like real adults who care about the people who pay them their unearned massive paychecks and less about insignificant issues, things would get done.

Keep the saying, you offend those who dont believe. Remove it and you offend those who do. It has been said for a long, long time. Yet only now, in the absolute weakest minded society, is it such a huge deal. If the phrase, so help me God really offends you that badly, then you need to seek professional help.

How about we stop worrying about little things like this and have people start focusing on real issues that need addressing? I dont know about you but I am sick and tired of both sides quibbling, moaning and whining about trivial BS like this. Plastic straws, diet coke addiction, burth certificates, who should impeached, blackface, 30 year old yearbooks. Maybe if both sides would actually act like real adults who care about the people who pay them their unearned massive paychecks and less about insignificant issues, things would get done.

Keep the saying, you offend those who dont believe. Remove it and you offend those who do. It has been said for a long, long time. Yet only now, in the absolute weakest minded society, is it such a huge deal. If the phrase, so help me God really offends you that badly, then you need to seek professional help.
OMG you just brought logic and reason in here. You know better than that.

Do people who are offended by the thought of removing this phrase need to seek professional help as well?

Would a Christian who is forced to say "so help me Allah" upon taking the oath of office have a legitimate complaint? How many Christians here would be willing say this? I'd bet none.

So what? Either way you are offending someone. My point is this, the saying has been said for a long, long time. Yet it seems that it never really stirred up any significant controversy until recently. In todays mentally and emotionally weak society its mo surprise that something as insignificant as a phrase said during an oath would garner such a big deal. But nobody should be surprised. I mean statues that stood for decades all of a sudden bothered so many that they needed to be removed.

To answer your question, yes they would have a legit complaint.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So what? Either way you are offending someone. My point is this, the saying has been said for a long, long time. Yet it seems that it never really stirred up any significant controversy until recently. In todays mentally and emotionally weak society its mo surprise that something as insignificant as a phrase said during an oath would garner such a big deal. But nobody should be surprised. I mean statues that stood for decades all of a sudden bothered so many that they needed to be removed.

To answer your question, yes they would have a legit complaint.

So in the hypothetical scenario of the oath being "so help me Allah" what would you propose be done to placate those who don't worship Allah?

So in the hypothetical scenario of the oath being "so help me Allah" what would you propose be done to placate those who don't worship Allah?

Ask them what their preference is. Then let them say what they want. Of course it seems fitting that anything having to do with God needs to be removed from the one place that really needs him. Its also fitting that the progressives are pushing for it.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back