Democrats pushing to get rid of "So help me God"..

Thats my point, the left doesnt accept the law. Since trumps win, its been nothing but "lets get rid of the electoral college!!". The georgia and bama laws pass and yall march around in some damn p###y hats and screech and throw fits. But as soon as someone disagrees on this oath under god stuff, you wanna say "its the law, accept it".

wut?

I've literally just said the opposite of what you're accusing me of.

You progressive folks can huff and puff and whine and stomp your feet all you want to, but this country was founded by theists and Christians, who respected God and His name is prominent in just about every document that matters in establishing this country. 1 nation, under God, indivisible until the dems get enough illegals to destroy it, with liberty and justice for some.

It may be true that our wooden teeth, merkin sporting forefathers were religious, however the term God is listed exactly zero times in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights and "under god" was added to the Pledge in 1954.

"Nature's God" is in the Declaration of Independence once - so you've got that going for you, which is nice. But then you have the Treaty of Tripoli, which explicitly points out that the U.S. "is not in any sense founded on Christianity", so that's a bit of a back step.

I could spend an hour posting quotes by the men that signed the declaration and constitution showing their reverence for God. The least religious of them were theists. Most were Chistians, protestants to be exact. Moreover, as a sign of the makeup of US citizens....what president has ever been elected that hasnt claimed to be a Christian? How many atheists, agnostics, Buddhists , muslims? Why do you think Americans have always wanted a Christian to be the 1 making the toughest decisions? Qhy do you think they always want a Christian to be the most powerful man in the world? History speaks for itself

By the way, there are a half dozen posts or more by me saying that you cannot legislate morality, and i do not believe in forcing anyone to worship my God, nor anyone else being prevented from worshipping theirs here in our country.

I do think it is time for an HONEST real discussion about islam and what the quran tells believers to do. It is the elephant in the room. Just yesterday 100 men women and children jn Mali were brutally murdered by muslims for being Christians
An entire village. Gone. Where is the outrage? Where is the widespread condemnation by muslim leaders worldwide, especially in the US??? Where is the accountability?? Is a 250 million dollar drone worth more than those 100 Christian people? We certainly arent planning a strike...i havent heard a peep about it. Christianity doesnt shape our foreign policy much...or we would be stacking muslim bodies right now in Mali....

I could spend an hour posting quotes by the men that signed the declaration and constitution showing their reverence for God. The least religious of them were theists. Most were Chistians, protestants to be exact. Moreover, as a sign of the makeup of US citizens....what president has ever been elected that hasnt claimed to be a Christian? How many atheists, agnostics, Buddhists , muslims? Why do you think Americans have always wanted a Christian to be the 1 making the toughest decisions? Qhy do you think they always want a Christian to be the most powerful man in the world? History speaks for itself

But that's not what you said.... You said "His name is prominent in just about every document that matters in establishing this country." In fact, literally the opposite is true. Frankly, I believe it could be argued that they left the abrahamic god out the founding documents intentionally as to not be perceived as having bias.

I also think it's extraordinary naive to believe that everyone that purports to be a "christian", is a christian. That the presidents all claim to be "christian" is simply a tacit move to sway voters. If I were running for office, I'd be thumping a bible all the way to swearing in.

The bolded is simply ironic given the current occupant of the oval office.

As to your 1st point, you are correct in the documents you stated. I was wrong and misspoke. Had i said " read damn near anything those guys personally wrote in their lifetimes, it was more likely to contain God than not" i would have been correct.

As to your point about presidents, you are agreeing with me. I didmt say they necessarily were all Christians, though i believe most were, certainly up until about barry...but they all claimed to be. Because most Americans still want a president with Christian values and morals. It is that simple. I am a sinner, fail every single day to live a righteous life as i would like to...but all qualifications being equal otherwise...i want my surgeon. Doctor, mechanic, and basically anyone else i have to trust in any way with anything that matters to me to be a Christian. Then i know that he or she knows right from wrong, the real standards...not what Hollywood or Mayor Pete decides..and i know that they are held to higher code. They still might crap me...but they have to violate their own moral code in order to do so...and if they do, then the same God we both worship will deal with us both as He sees fit. As much as i didnt like barry...i prayed for him. Privately and in service at church. That God would guide and use him. We pray for Trump as well. I dont know what he really believes. He needs Gods help regardless

I'm not a Christian, and I wouldn't use "so help me God" in any oath. But if some one else wanted to swear on the Bible, Torah, Quran, Flying Spaghetti Monster, whatever, I don't have a problem with it. This seems like an easy fix. Just let people take their oath against what ever deity, religious text, etc., that they want. No need to complicate things.

Didn't you just have a huge rant about how this country has gone to ****?

VN Store

Back