Dem Politicians Trying To Cancel Cable Networks

I felt Trump was wrong to do that.
I’m sure that everyone on the left agrees with me.
This is worse by a long shot.
I’m sure everyone on the left no longer agrees with me.

When the prologue was the silencing of conservatives on social media and the left cheered, you knew this was next.

@n_huffhines will say this is okay. Free market and all.

When the prologue was the silencing of conservatives on social media and the left cheered, you knew this was next.

@n_huffhines will say this is okay. Free market and all.

After all this time, you still don't know me. Kindly FATWO

How is this even a free market thing? You say the dumbest **** when you try to go at me.

Reactions: DinkinFlicka
You gotta go there because there is nowhere else to go after you try to pass this off as a free market issue.

Again, politicians applauded when social media started banning conservatives including the President of the United States. Now they are emboldened to make such "suggestions" to the major companies to limit such broadcasts and channels. They aren't introducing legislation for it, but merely saying what a wonderful plan it might be to silence their critics.

Obviously, they are emboldened to make such requests because they are already getting away with it. But only now is an issue for you?

Wake the **** up, you arrogant ass. Plenty of us said this would be the eventual outcome of allowing a private company to silence the press like they did with the New York Post. You thought they were going to stop there?

Again, politicians applauded when social media started banning conservatives including the President of the United States. Now they are emboldened to make such "suggestions" to the major companies to limit such broadcasts and channels. They aren't introducing legislation for it, but merely saying what a wonderful plan it might be to silence their critics.

Obviously, they are emboldened to make such requests because they are already getting away with it. But only now is an issue for you?

Wake the **** up, you arrogant ass. Plenty of us said this would be the eventual outcome of allowing a private company to silence the press like they did with the New York Post. You thought they were going to stop there?
Free market capitalism is just as much of a farce as communism. You end up with the same result either way- an oligopoly of control. Some regulation clearly keeps us free, and I'd like to thank the lolbertarians for contributing greatly to the great screwing.

They’re essentially skirting around directly violating the 1st Amendment by threatening any television providers with Conservative news outlets. In other words, they are indirectly attacking the 1st Amendment.

They’re essentially saying , “You have a big, successful company there, would be a shame if something were to happen to it. Therefore, silence anyone I don’t agree with”.

What are you talking about? Did we have a conversation where I said this wouldn't happen?

1) Pressure on businesses from politicians is not a free market issue. It's a government issue.

2) Just because the free market produces an outcome does not mean I think the outcome is OK.

"Govt picks winners and losers"

Oh, how's that free market working for you now?

What are you talking about? Did we have a conversation where I said this wouldn't happen?

1) Pressure on businesses from politicians is not a free market issue. It's a government issue.

2) Just because the free market produces an outcome does not mean I think the outcome is OK.

1. You were the one that said Facebook, Twitter, etc had the right to ban people since they were a private company. This isn't political pressure by any means. Just a couple of Congressional reps saying "man, I can't believe you still show that fake news."

So, when providers start dropping cable networks, it'll be fine in your world.

2. See above as the excuse you'll use

1. You were the one that said Facebook, Twitter, etc had the right to ban people since they were a private company. This isn't political pressure by any means. Just a couple of Congressional reps saying "man, I can't believe you still show that fake news."

So, when providers start dropping cable networks, it'll be fine in your world.

2. See above as the excuse you'll use

Saying they have a right to ban is not the same thing as being "OK" with it.

You're trying really hard to make an argument out of this with me, but you clearly don't understand the basics about markets and "rights" vs. what ought to be.

VN Store

Back