Defensive Holes

There aren't any quality transfers left I don't think.

We could easily be better at LB with Banks, Beasley, Page, Garland, Mohan and Juwan Mitchell returning healthy who of course lead Texas in tackles in 2020.
Then Elijah Herring impressed, Kalib Perry and then Jackson Hannah comes in after two years at Nebraska. Was a 3 star dude.

Lots of experience. Second year in a system. Pretty good odds our LB play is better this year. Some people don't believe in players getting better from year to year though...

This makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Ive been concerned @ the 2nd level of the D the most. Hope your assessment is accurate.

It's not a defense that gets you excited going into the year. That's for sure.
I respectfully disagree. Am very much looking forward to seeing Young wreak havoc in opponent's backfield. I think these more mature versions of Thomas, Terry and Simmons are gonna be stout in the middle.

I am eager to see who steps up at LB alongside Banks -- we've been waiting for Mitchell, but am sorta pulling for young Herring to be the guy.

DBs ... I wanna see D Williams in a game, and the new guys from GTech n Ohio State. A healthy Turnage will be good -- he could step right into Jackson's spot; a guy with double figure tackles vs. Bama is showing promise. And it is time for the young DBs to bring it: Charles (had a good Spring), Rucker, McDonald.

Reactions: Indianavfl
The problem we run into is that our biggest strength is our biggest weakness too. We keep running this hyper fast offense our defensive players never get a break, so we gotta build depth. I love all of the great offensive player that we’re recruiting but it’s gonna be more important that we get quality defensive players and depth as well

At LB, picked up HS signees Herring (who hopefully helps this year) and Perry, along with Nebraska transfer Hannah (who I think initially is a walk on, but chance to be placed on scholarship). We lost Willis to transfer portal.

I agree with above comments that we REALLY need quality depth at LB. Hopefully the 3 guys mentioned above will bring that.

Useful article attached shows additions/subtractions from last year’s roster by Position.

Tracking all of Tennessee’s offseason roster movement

Thanks for the link, good info.

Reactions: VolsSince78
I respectfully disagree. Am very much looking forward to seeing Young wreak havoc in opponent's backfield. I think these more mature versions of Thomas, Terry and Simmons are gonna be stout in the middle.

I am eager to see who steps up at LB alongside Banks -- we've been waiting for Mitchell, but am sorta pulling for young Herring to be the guy.

DBs ... I wanna see D Williams in a game, and the new guys from GTech n Ohio State. A healthy Turnage will be good -- he could step right into Jackson's spot; a guy with double figure tackles vs. Bama is showing promise. And it is time for the young DBs to bring it: Charles (had a good Spring), Rucker, McDonald.

Yea I think of these transfers and freshman make an impact then a lot of our holes may get plugged up
Somewhat…nickel from Ga Tech, JC corner, frosh corner… safety/ nickel from Ohio State. Other froshes coming in… even if we are just a little better than last year or the same with a better dline then we can win 8 ballgames…

It’s tough bc it’s going to Take a few more years to get the quality depth that we need to compete at a more elite level..

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back