Defense-Offense PITIFUL

GIVEHIM-6

Mayberrys Pride
I quit watching this after the first half.It was giving me bad memories of the past.It just kills me to be ranked that high in the nation and to flop like we did.I know we have young qb's and a young defensive secondary.It would make me feel better not to be ranked so high and lose.Georgia is next week and after that showing and the way Georgia played today,it doesn't look like a positive look for next week.

I'd still say we've got a better shot against Georgia than we did against Auburn. Auburn's defense looks far better than Georgia, and if UT can pull a scoring blitz against the Dawgs, then there is a shot.

It may help to try not to put so much stock in the rankings. Until BCS time, I give them very little attention. The reason: Most voters are reluctant to give non-traditional teams much of a chance and pick the 'usual suspects' high simply because of the name on their jersey. With two freshman QB's and a very young defense, there's no way we're a top 10 team - boy, AU showed us that last night. That said, we're definitely a top 20 team and I'm not ruling out a surprise at Georgia next week, but we need the football gods to be shining on us for it to happen. On top of playing poorly, we just couldn't get a break last night...

Originally posted by Gatorhater@Oct 3, 2004 8:23 AM
It may help to try not to put so much stock in the rankings. Until BCS time, I give them very little attention. The reason: Most voters are reluctant to give non-traditional teams much of a chance and pick the 'usual suspects' high simply because of the name on their jersey. With two freshman QB's and a very young defense, there's no way we're a top 10 team - boy, AU showed us that last night. That said, we're definitely a top 20 team and I'm not ruling out a surprise at Georgia next week, but we need the football gods to be shining on us for it to happen. On top of playing poorly, we just couldn't get a break last night...

We weren't ready to play and weren't prepared for what Auburn gave us. I can't figure out if we were overconfident or scared.

VN Store

Back