Dee Beckwith to Kentucky

Might have better luck getting a couple minutes on football field AND the basketball court there

He was just like Jason Croom. Crowned as a great player just for his size, by posters who have never played a sport, and don’t understand that size and measurables don’t automatically translate to being a good player.
Talk about someone who doesn’t know what he’s talking about… The irony. And for the record, Croom‘s production while at Tennessee was affected significantly due to injuries throughout his career. He played through a lot of them. Don’t throw shade unless you know the full details. It’s why he is in the NFL now making bank.

I'm wondering if there isn't a plan to work him in at TE with his height and size.

C-Rod likely to miss 3-4 games due to suspension.

Cats also picked up another RB transfer yesterday who was an FCS AA. Perhaps the staff wanted some depth given CRod's backups.

No idea. They tried him at RB, WR and TE. TE was never going to really be a legit option for him at UT because he’s only 6’2.

Everything I heard was that he had no interest in playing defense.

Last edited:
I think Dee had ample opportunities here to demonstrate what he could bring. I think the fact that he is not here shows what he made of those opportunities. I hope he is successful in life. I hope he is sad on every game day we have against Kentucky forever.

I don't think you can compare those 2. Cobb was a great athlete that was a big recruiting breakdown by Fulmer and staff. They totally misevaluated him. Beckwith has been with this staff for what, a couple of seasons and still could not break into the playing rotation. So Hyp and staff are basically letting him go. But, agree he could bite us if he somehow turns into a great athlete but I think that is a low probability.

Beckwith is a situational back that just didn't seem to click into our offense.

Wish the man well...except for those Saturdays he lines up against the Orange.

I don't think you can compare those 2. Cobb was a great athlete that was a big recruiting breakdown by Fulmer and staff. They totally misevaluated him. Beckwith has been with this staff for what, a couple of seasons and still could not break into the playing rotation. So Hyp and staff are basically letting him go. But, agree he could bite us if he somehow turns into a great athlete but I think that is a low probability.

Understood, however, I didn't compare the two. I said, I hope he doesn't end up biting us in the butt as what happened with Cobb. Sometimes, a change of venue can make all the difference for some players. It can and has happened.

As you all know, I wanted him to play more. I thought he could be really good, being a power back in short yardage situations. I agree with this thread, I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us?

Completely untrue. Fulmer knew he would be a WR and told him that. UK promised him a shot at QB and after one practice, moved him to WR. Fulmer was just a little too honest (is there such a thing) and lost him because of it. Not misevaluated at all.

They picked up 2 RB’s yesterday which I think is great news because all things are pointing to their all sec RB Rodriguez not suiting up. Big step down.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Completely untrue. Fulmer knew he would be a WR and told him that. UK promised him a shot at QB and after one practice, moved him to WR. Fulmer was just a little too honest (is there such a thing) and lost him because of it. Not misevaluated at all.

Fair enough. I was thinking they just did not recruit him as his rating was not high enough but that has been too many yrs ago to remember.

This is an odd take for UK since they pride themselves on "physical football" and the not so subtle hints were that Beckwith didn't like to get hit.
Nailed it. Biggest issue that kept being mentioned is that he just wasn't physical and not aggressive. He couldn't get traction at multiple positions when the depth chart was very open for him to get on the field.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back