Decision To Fire Buzz Peterson

Should Buzz have been fired?

• Total voters
I'm still undecided! There is not a choice for that.....

:dlol: I know. I saw that LIO had started the poll and I almost broke my mouse trying to scroll down to find the choices for; Maybe, Don't Know, Could be, and Almost certainly.

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 14, 2005 11:52 PM
:dlol: I know. I saw that LIO had started the poll and I almost broke my mouse trying to scroll down to find the choices for; Maybe, Don't Know, Could be, and Almost certainly.

:Bbiteme:

If winning half the games is okay... maybe competing for a top spot in the conference and a shot at an NCAA bid once every 3 or 4 years... then he should have stayed.

However, If you want a program that wins 20+ games per season, competes with Kentucky on a regular basis, and plays in the NCAA tournament every season.... then Buzz needed to go.

I think its possible to get a coach who can win AND be a nice guy.

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 15, 2005 12:52 AM

You forgot "depends. . . "

Buzz might have played B-ball with Jordan.....but he's not that great of a coach.....because apparently he can get the talent but can't get it to perform.....

Originally posted by g8terh8ter_eric@Mar 15, 2005 2:20 PM
apparently he can get the talent but can't get it to perform.....

You really think so? Seems to me that Buzz was not very good at evaluating talent at all.

He got Lofton, but that is just because he was Mr. Kentucky basketball. If Lofton didn't have that title, Buzz probably would have looked over him.

The talent is fine.....the concept of TEAM ball is what killed Buzz.....he had no clue how to get EVERYONE to play together.....

I think what hurt buzz the most was there doesnt seem to be any chemistry to this team....looks like a bench of individuals. he had 4 years...didnt get it done....next

I honestly believe that Tennessee had enough talent and experience this year, that, with a good coach, we could hang with anybody

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Mar 15, 2005 2:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Mar 15, 2005 2:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-g8terh8ter_eric@Mar 15, 2005 2:20 PM
apparently he can get the talent but can&#39;t get it to perform.....

You really think so? Seems to me that Buzz was not very good at evaluating talent at all.

He got Lofton, but that is just because he was Mr. Kentucky basketball. If Lofton didn&#39;t have that title, Buzz probably would have looked over him. [/quote]
Kentucky and Louisville did not want Lofton and he just sort of fell into Buzz&#39;s lap.

Originally posted by Volunteer@Mar 15, 2005 8:53 PM
I had to vote yes because "hell yes with whip cream on top" wasn&#39;t a choice.

You know you&#39;ll miss him.

every1 says stay away from bob knight...hes a no people skills havin jerk...but....he does win. I say hamilton should say bob fill the check out we&#39;ll cover it...we want a national title...how you do that is up to you.

88-43 in four years at TT of all places and "Buzz" comes into a stocked cabinet and can&#39;t even go to the tournament at all.

I guess Buzz might have been a nice enough guy (Not sure now, the way he seems to be acting) but you have to get it done in sports. That&#39;s the name of the game. How many years do you get to start making a dent? 5, 6, 7, what?

I didn&#39;t feel all that good about him when we hired him for some reason. Might be that he had those UNC ties and the good Lord above knows how much I hate UNC (Almost as much as Bammer and Fleuridah&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;).

Anyway, we need to let Buzz drift on downstream and start concentrating on refilling the boat&#33; :)

Originally posted by surrealvol@Mar 17, 2005 7:43 AM

Anyway, we need to let Buzz drift on downstream and start concentrating on refilling the boat&#33; :)

We might oughta bail it out a little bit first.

:p

Without any doubt.

I want to go in a new direction and he wasn&#39;t taking us there, imo.

VN Store

Back