Dearstone and Gordon unreal post game comments.

We need to keep Sharonna Reaves. She’s the one bringing in the elite talent.

[I want Holly and that entire sideline entourage gone including Dearstone.]

I'm like you...I'd be careful before I said "everybody" should be gone...I'd actually keep Sharonna...and,

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
So many teams...like Vanderbilt and Alabama.

Gordon is a loser too, just like Holly. No pride. If Holly is replaced, send Gordon out with her. They need to get rid of anyone embracing this "loser mentality" bullsh!t.

leave Gordon out of Holly mess now if someone starts attacking the coach you would like TN to hire then what ?

Gordon was the main reason why Pat got her first title.
leave Gordon out of Holly mess now if someone starts attacking the coach you would like TN to hire then what ?

Holly was also the first LV player to have her jersey hung up on the rafters and an unanimous great for her playing days. But that doesn't make her a good coach. And it doesn't make Gordon a good coach, either. Seriously, those comments are whack and screams of someone who wants to make excuses for why losing is ok. You think you'd ever hear one of the UConn or Notre Dame assistants say something like that? Don't think so.

As to djtee's scenario...been there done that. Sadly, I was pro-Holly up until the Diamond year.

#sorrynotsorry

Not parity for the top teams. Just Tennessee 🙄. Because all teams are fired up to play such a great team that has a stunning 2-3 record in the NCAAT the last 3 years. More likely that they know they can win even if Tennessee has bigger, more athletic and more skilled players because they are handicapped by an idiot for a coach.
True... There isn't more parity now than there was 10-15 years ago. There have been prominent programs to fall (Tennessee, Purdue, Duke, North Carolina, Oklahoma and LSU) but they were quickly replaced (South Carolina, Miss State, Louisville and Oregon) while others remained strong (UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, Stanford). The number of good teams hasn't changed... the teams have changed.

I’ve never heard of a new head coach retaining any of the previous coach’s staff. Unless there are extenuating circumstances — like when Holly took over for Pat — I really can’t see a new coach wanting anything but a clean slate to start with. She or he always has their own group of people that they trust will support their methods.

Yeah, Mickey compared this team to the 10-loss team the won the championship, saying they went to the tournament as a 3(?- can't remember what he said) seed, while this team went as an 11 seed. He said the difference there is explained by there being so many better teams now. This is nuts, even from a homer. The 10-loss team only had those losses because Jolly tore her knee and were playing a Pat Summitt schedule. If that team played the same schedule as this year's team, they might have lost a few, but not 10. Nothing about this team is like Kellie's team.

There is still not that much parity in wbb, in my opinion, though I think we now have much better play in the mid-level teams than we used to. The same teams are FF candidates as have been for years. Hope we can get back in that group.

I agree. I am sure that Gordon deep down knows the score but she has loyalty to Holly and probably would like to keep her job. So, she was doing damage control and Dearston's job is basically to be a "homer" rather than an investigative journalist.

Reactions: ksl415

VN Store

Back