DE flips to Miss St.

Coach will not have it easy like Butch did. We no longer have recruiting prowess by name only. He will have to win by coaching them up and his game day skills until we are a brand again. This is not easy to do in a league full of the best coaches.

Lol. I zoomed in to see what the tattoo was and Holy Chit!! Theys a damn goat on her back. Haha.
Same. I was so stricken by the skin hanging down, the goat could've taken my wallet without me even knowing.
Damn goats.

Reactions: Behr
Same. I was so stricken by the skin hanging down, the goat could've taken my wallet without me even knowing.
Damn goats.

Same here, I first saw the skin hanging down, then the tattoo.... Lol, I almost spit coffee.

How you dewin?

Reactions: chargervol
A Memphis player with a weird recruitment. Stop me if you've heard this one...

Everything in Memphis is weird. Take a look at their high school sports....... Everyone knows how dirty and underhanded things are there but everyone seems afraid to put a stop to it.

Lol. I zoomed in to see what the tattoo was and Holy Chit!! Theys a damn goat on her back. Haha.
Ha! It took me a second too. You sure don’t expect a goat to be in that thing! Cute kid though. I couldn’t help it.

Reactions: Behr
He’s a JUCO player that still has grade issues, he’s flaky as hell as well, had talent but has flirted with flipping already and still will struggle to qualify. When you’re not dependable in the classroom, you’re flirting with other teams, and you’re a two year player, it’s not hard to encourage you on out the door and look for better/younger options with less issues.

Reactions: VetVol
Tennessee football will not be rebuilt with JUCO's. We should only be recruiting high school prospects. There are no quick fixes as we found out under Butch Jones. The part I placed in bold is ridiculous and very short-sighted, as well as impatient. North Carolina and Iowa are only ahead of us because of their sheer quantity of commitments, not quality. They have 20 commitments... we only have 11. This staff is being very selective. I like it. Now, let's get Haynes King, Rakeem Jarrett and Tyler Baron.
I agree that championship teams can not be built on JUCO players. However, JUCO players can fill critical voids on a football team and when you can get a good one in a position of need, it does hasten the rebuilding of a team.

You mean like Leonard Little?
We were not rebuilding when we signed Leonard Little out of a Junior College in the class of 1995. We were coming off of an 8-4 season with a very young team. Also, we had signed Leonard Little out of high school (unlike Davis) in the class of 1993 and unlike most JUCO transfers, Little came to Tennessee with 3 years of eligibility remaining, not just 2 ... and he used all three of them from 1995-1997. So, that example is not at all applicable to the current state of the Tennessee football program or even to Jordan Davis.

or Dale Carter?
Once again, we were not rebuilding when we signed S Dale Carter and DE's Chuck Smith and Chris Mims in the class of 1990. We had just gone 11-1 the season before and had just about everything returning on offense. We were losing DE's Marion Hobby and Tracey Hayworth from the 1989 team and desperately needed help in the defensive backfield as well. That was the important point of my post... in those years, we were already very good and had the luxury of filling in needs with short term players and they worked out great for us. That is not our current condition, however. This program will not be rebuilt with 2 year players.

Looking at the pic: I think the goat crawled out of her pants; either that or a boarder!

Sorry to be negative y’all but it ain’t looking good for this recruiting class. We’ll drop out of the top 25 in recruiting after this departure
What is the date on the calendar? Did you read the article and the number of four star HIGH SCHOOL DEs we are in on? If a recruit is in JUCO, there is usually a reason. To change your mind three time in less than a year, it appears a lack of desire to put out the work required could be a leading contender for the lack of commitment. Maybe he just decided to go to a school close to home. I will not be worried until after the early signing period, and only then if some of the players the coaching staff have put a recruiting blitz on flip.

Reactions: chargervol
If his grades are bad as some have eluded, he'll end up in the big12 like that Orlando kid we couldn't sign but Oklahoma could.

You should probably send this CJP seeing as how he's taken a whole passel of JUCOs so far. We'll take whoever we can get that helps us win.
You should probably look up the meaning of the word "passel". It means a large group of people. In other words, two wouldn't qualify as a passel and that is what Pruitt signed in the 2019 class:

Darel Middleton DT (East Mississippi C.C.)
Savion Williams DT (Lackawanna C.C.)

I never f***ing said that we shouldn't sign any. I said that this program will not be rebuilt on them... and judging by how few that Pruitt has recruited, he seems to see it that way as well.

Just being real and as unbiased as possible, this recruiting class could be a let down. Hopefully we got some diamonds in the rough so to speak, but we absolutely have to have a decent season this year, giving recruits something to like about considering TN.

Somehow I think we didn't run off a four-star.

Presently we trail South Carolina, North Carolina, Iowa, and Northwestern in recruiting. We should never, ever trail any of those schools for a day.

Are the checks bouncing? Have our hostesses gained weight? Do our hostesses need to gain weight?
What? Does this need blue font?

VN Store

Back