'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

Regardless, taking 2 QBs when we have HB is questionable. Maybe it’s just me but we should take at least 5 OL every cycle no matter what.
Just going by our push for the Texas qb and articles saying we'd like a 2nd qb.

Can't sign 27, we took 25 last cycle with the 2 transfers and that was maxing it out with 1-2 BSs. So, 23-24 is likely our normal limit, 25 with more BSs. We are still paying for previous recruits, don't see us undersigning for the foreseeable future.

Just going by our push for the Texas qb and articles saying we'd like a 2nd qb.

Can't sign 27, we took 25 last cycle with the 2 transfers and that was maxing it out with 1-2 BSs. So, 23-24 is likely our normal limit, 25 with more BSs. We are still paying for previous recruits, don't see us undersigning for the foreseeable future.
They’re OFFERING QB’s. I don’t see the “push”. You never wait til the last second for a plan B or A2, but if Bailey sticks and enrolls early, I doubt there’s a second signalcaller in this class.

They’re OFFERING QB’s. I don’t see the “push”. You never wait til the last second for a plan B or A2, but if Bailey sticks and enrolls early, I doubt there’s a second signalcaller in this class.
THIS, you recruit backup options till the player you have committed signs.

Last edited:

True, "push" was too strong of wording. They said they were open to another qb. So probably only if it's an elite guy like King. Guess I'm being a little optimistic this staff can pull multiple big guns in short order and let them battle it out a la clemson or uga. But given no new guys are starting until 2021, we at least have 1 more full class before the real competition begins. Hopefully it is 10x the competition dormady v young jg was...

Reactions: butchna
I think Tennessee still is one of the teams to beat, and probably the slight favorite, to land Jarrett at the moment. But he has been quiet coming off his spring-break road trip, and his possible timeline for a decision remains unclear. The day he left Tennessee more than a week ago at the end of that trip, he tweeted something about needing to visit Clemson soon, so it definitely hasn't sounded like he's quite ready to make a decision.

If he makes a decision any time soon, I think the Vols still have a good shot. But it's obviously only April, so he certainly could decide to wait at least a bit longer and it wouldn't surprise me. Either way, I don't think that one will be over for a while, but Tennessee is still in pretty good shape with him.
Callahan

The Rivals Camp Series presented by adidas is back in the Washington D.C., area for the first time since 2014.
There will be a lot of receivers in attendance on Sunday but no one is higher rated than five-star Rakim Jarrett. The No. 2-rated wide receiver in the Rivals100, Jarrett is a well-rounded receiver who can play on the outside or from the slot. His hands are very reliable and his route-running skills are exceptional. Look for him to have his way with nearly all of the defensive backs he comes across. He is the favorite to win the MVP award.
-Rivals

VN Store

Back