'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

I have not heard yet that Tennessee has gotten a for sure thumbs up. I do think the Vols and Buckeyes feel good about their standing right now. UGA is also laying in the weeds. Jarrett has long planned to commit sometime this spring/early summer, so UT getting him back on campus in a couple weeks could prove pivotal.

-Simonton

Five-star receiver Rakim Jarrett visited Tennessee earlier this month and nearly two weeks later the Washington (D.C.) St. John’s standout is still gushing about the trip.
“It was great!” Jarrett said. “Highlight was definitely seeing practices and siting in meetings to see the type of things they stress early on in spring.”

Ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the country’s No. 2 receiver and No. 17 prospect overall, the 6-foot, 182-pound Jarrett is coveted by powerhouse programs from coast to coast. He sees a fit for himself in Knoxville, and he also sees opportunity.

“Coach (Tee) Martin, (Jeremy) Pruitt!” he said of the coaches he’s connected with adding he’s also built a bond with Bryce Thompson. “They have four receivers leaving, setting up for some spots to be open and early playing time. And they run a pro-style system which will prepare me for the next level after that God-willing.”

Jarrett has a big spring break of college visits coming up and he’ll make the quick return to Tennessee. Per 247Sports National Analyst Brian Dohn, Jarrett heads to South Carolina on Friday, back to Georgia on Saturday, with Alabama and Auburn the following Monday. From there he’ll hit LSU on Tuesday, Mississippi State on Wednesday, Vanderbilt on Friday with the Vols getting the last look before he heads back to the nation’s capital.

“Loved the campus and the vibe the players gave off,” Jarrett said of Tennessee. Also the players I was hanging out with keep it straight forward with me, told me what I needed to heat about UT.”
Wiltfong

Visiting again on the 30th.

Starts Friday with SC, then a couple days at Ga, then Bama, AU, LSU, MSU, Vandy, then Tn.

Always want the last visit and appears Tn does, unless he is dog tired from that trip.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back