'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

I think we've done as good a job as we can on selling him on early playing time. It will be interesting what the feel is after he visits Clemson. On one hand they have a lot more talent at the position than we do BUT they also can sell him on them playing a lot of young players at his position early and winning a title that way. I think we're sitting good right now though. IF he makes it back in a few weeks I think we've got him.

Reactions: SmokinBob
HAHA! RIGHT! Who sets those boundaries to ensure that? You can't when your focused on just pleasing yourself. The old, "get all you can, can all you can get and poison the rest" method. HAHA!
Lol you are thinking too deep about this. My premise was that I could care less what people are doing in their personal lives (as long as they aren't hurting people). If a guy/gal on volnation wants to have an open marriage, great for them, especially if they are both happy. I'm not going to persuade or convince him/her that a closed marriage is better. Some of you all get in your feelings when some has an different opinion from the masses. There are over 7 billion people on this planet. Those people are going to have different viewpoints on love, marriage, politics, etc.... #ToEachTheirOwn

Typically it's good news for the team that was just visited if a tweet like that goes out but you never know for sure. And he's still going to visit Clemson before announcing per his other tweet. But Hubbs did have this to say last night in the chat...

Thank you.

If the kid says he’s committing soon, it likely means he’s made his decision. So unless the Clemson visit blows his mind, it’s most likely a semi-formality.

We have everything in our favor for a wide receiver coming in:

Ace recruiters
Proven OC
Proven positional coach
Immediate playing time
Blue chip QB committed
Amazing facilities, conference, fan base etc

If the kid says he’s committing soon, it likely means he’s made his decision. So unless the Clemson visit blows his mind, it’s most likely a semi-formality.

We have everything in our favor for a wide receiver coming in:

Ace recruiters
Proven OC
Proven positional coach
Immediate playing time
Blue chip QB committed
Amazing facilities, conference, fan base etc
I think you're right. He's already made his decision (likely UT) but already planned to visit Clemson and will take that trip before committing publicly. Hopefully he sticks to the plan and doesn't change his mind. Would be a MONSTER commit this early in the 2020 class.

I think you're right. He's already made his decision (likely UT) but already planned to visit Clemson and will take that trip before committing publicly. Hopefully he sticks to the plan and doesn't change his mind. Would be a MONSTER commit this early in the 2020 class.
I mean, he's allowed to commit, then visit somewhere else, right?

Typically it's good news for the team that was just visited if a tweet like that goes out but you never know for sure. And he's still going to visit Clemson before announcing per his other tweet. But Hubbs did have this to say last night in the chat...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Type Orange+
I’m just saying people shouldn’t take it as a sign that Jarrett definitely is committing within the next couple weeks or anything like that, especially since he’s talking about taking a few more visits. He’s scheduled to visit Alabama on March 25, and he said he plans to visit Clemson before committing, too. He obviously said last week that he was going to visit Tennessee again in about three weeks, so if he follows through on that, that’s at least three more visits we know about right now. We’ll see if he plans any more trips soon.

I’ve seen prospects say they’re committing “soon,” and then, when I talked with them about it, they say they’re committing in two or three months. So the word “soon” can be pretty vague.
Callahan

We are battling Clemson for alot of recruits. If we win out on them it will be Very telling as to how our staff is. I for one want them in a game in the regular season. Ready to beat dat azz.

We are battling Clemson for alot of recruits. If we win out on them it will be Very telling as to how our staff is. I for one want them in a game in the regular season. Ready to beat dat azz.
We beat them all the time for recruits and they beat us too. A couple examples from last class...they pushed HARD to get Morris and Wright. I believe Morris did visit them but that was it, Wright never did. Clemson whiffed on a few OL last class which is why they are taking 5 OL this class and loading up early.

Flowers was another that Pruitt beat Dabo for head to head in his first class.

I would love to play Clemson in the 2020 or 2021 seasons. Not going to happen but I'd like to see that.

We beat them all the time for recruits and they beat us too. A couple examples from last class...they pushed HARD to get Morris and Wright. I believe Morris did visit them but that was it, Wright never did. Clemson whiffed on a few OL last class which is why they are taking 5 OL this class and loading up early.

Flowers was another that Pruitt beat Dabo for head to head in his first class.

I would love to play Clemson in the 2020 or 2021 seasons. Not going to happen but I'd like to see that.
Crouch was head to head against Clemson as well

You know, I don’t care for Clemson or the whole state of South Carolina, for that matter.
Don’t think Clemson is a factor here. They basically ticked him off calling him ‘short’. Did ask around about him today, just being straight, UGA is who I heardthe most.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Lol you are thinking too deep about this. My premise was that I could care less what people are doing in their personal lives (as long as they aren't hurting people). If a guy/gal on volnation wants to have an open marriage, great for them, especially if they are both happy. I'm not going to persuade or convince him/her that a closed marriage is better. Some of you all get in your feelings when some has an different opinion from the masses. There are over 7 billion people on this planet. Those people are going to have different viewpoints on love, marriage, politics, etc.... #ToEachTheirOwn

HAHA! Hey dodo head I responded to your post not the other poster and how do you not "get in your feelings?" Isn't there feelings involved on both sides of the different belief/opinion? It seems to have gotten your feelings going. lol I didn't see anyone on here trying to change the poster about anything but if you think you aren't going to get different opinions on a message board on certain subjects whether its football, basketball or personal life, then you in the wrong place. :p

VN Store

Back