'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

Neither one is old enough to have a good excuse. I didn't become comfortable with public farts until I was 60

Careful. Reminds me of the bucket list quote: never pass by a bathroom, never waste (an opportunity), and never trust a fart.

Reactions: crovol
Does the five-star receiver end up in the SEC or can Clemson or Ohio State flex its national recruiting muscle to land Jarrett’s commitment?

FIRST TAKE: Adam Friedman, Mid-Atlantic analyst
“At this point it’s an SEC battle between LSU and Tennessee, but he’s not making his decision anytime in the next couple of months until he takes at the very least these two official visits. I expect him to take official visits to Ohio State and Clemson and that could be the big difference there if he does make it to those two official visits.

"If his mom goes to see the school, she could give him the stamp of approval and her word carries a lot of weight for him. She’s only been to Maryland so far. She’s going on these official visits so that will be huge.

“I would kind of give Tennessee a slight edge, but not very much. He fits in very well with both especially when you consider the big personalities at wide receiver that both schools have produced. He fits the mold of those guys, so I could really see him at either, but at this point Tennessee holds a very small edge.”

SECOND TAKE: Mike Farrell, National recruiting director
“It’s going to come down to who he feels most comfortable with, who his mom feels most comfortable with and originally I thought Ohio State was the team to beat. I don’t know if he’ll go to LSU but I do know he’s intrigued by
Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry and the great receivers that have come out of there.

"I would watch out for Clemson here because if they really want him and get heavily, heavily involved they could steal him away. Right now, I would have to guess based on what I’m hearing is that it’s going to be either LSU or Tennessee.”

-Rivals

Yeah, if Clemson really wants him and gets heavily involved then he will go there. Lol does Clemson not really want him now?
Clemson only wants who they can get, it's Dabo's strategy. They recruit kids for a long time before offering, making it seem like they're asked to join this exclusive club. And they only "offer" kids after they know they can land them. It's why that ariticle about Reggie Grimes saying that Clemson is full and doesn't have room for him is bogus.

Dabo knows the kid is a Bama lock so instead of waste time and resources he tells the kid "we're all full up here, sorry." It's a smart sales technique and good PR, honestly. Scarcity is important in high ticket sales. Dabo is creating scarcity and exclusivity. Oh and he's winning a bunch of games which helps.

Clemson only wants who they can get, it's Dabo's strategy. They recruit kids for a long time before offering, making it seem like they're asked to join this exclusive club. And they only "offer" kids after they know they can land them. It's why that ariticle about Reggie Grimes saying that Clemson is full and doesn't have room for him is bogus.

Dabo knows the kid is a Bama lock so instead of waste time and resources he tells the kid "we're all full up here, sorry." It's a smart sales technique and good PR, honestly. Scarcity is important in high ticket sales. Dabo is creating scarcity and exclusivity. Oh and he's winning a bunch of games which helps.
Their PR game is going to get much, much worse too. Herbsreit’s kid is going there, ACC network with ESPN, Marty Smith is on a first name basis with their whole team, etc. Their spring game coverage was wild. Kirk, Joey Galloway, and Dabo hung choppin it up on the field the whole game

So they will only "really want him and go heavily after him" if they feel confident he will sign with them. It's like the man that won't propose down on one knee with cameras rolling unless he knows she is going to say yes lol.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
So they will only "really want him and go heavily after him" if they feel confident he will sign with them. It's like the man that won't propose down on one knee with cameras rolling unless he knows she is going to say yes lol.
That's correct. Per Rivals Clemson has offered less than100 kids in 2020 class (and many of those aren't "committable" anymore ie Reggie Grimes) and only FIVE so far in 2021. UT has offered more than 100 in 2021 already and over 300 in 2020.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

That is exactly what Dabo is doing at Clemson. He is using the old ''you want what you can't have strategy". He will recruit a kid for a long time but never offer. The kid starts getting offers from everywhere, except Clemson. Naturally that kid becomes to want that Clemson offer, even if he really didn't want to go there to begin with.

I used to do the same thing with women...

Last edited:

VN Store

Back