'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

general fanbase was fairly torn on him any time before he was hired. Saying he spurned us, the apparent comment on Hurd, etc. I always heard it was his wife keeping him out west and in retrospect he made good calls never joining the Butch train. But regardless the past is the past he'll always be a vfl and he's here now.

general fanbase was fairly torn on him any time before he was hired. Saying he spurned us, the apparent comment on Hurd, etc. I always heard it was his wife keeping him out west and in retrospect he made good calls never joining the Butch train. But regardless the past is the past he'll always be a vfl and he's here now.
No one in their right mind would question Martin as a position coach. He's pretty much top shelf as a recruiter and position coach. As an OC there is legit criticism but as a wr coach you'd have to be insane to not want him.

No one in their right mind would question Martin as a position coach. He's pretty much top shelf as a recruiter and position coach. As an OC there is legit criticism but as a wr coach you'd have to be insane to not want him.
I Agree he is a top recruiter, but I will reserve my opinion on his coaching abilities for a couple of years. There is usually a reason why a top recruiter is fired and is often one of two reasons; not a good coach or recruiting violations. Hope neither is the case with Tee.

I Agree he is a top recruiter, but I will reserve my opinion on his coaching abilities for a couple of years. There is usually a reason why a top recruiter is fired and is often one of two reasons; not a good coach or recruiting violations. Hope neither is the case with Tee.
Or he takes the fall for a head coach trying to not get fired.

Tee was fired as an OC not as a WR coach. He's done nothing but get increased salaries, titles, and responsibilities since he started coaching until this recent step back.

As a position coach, he’s the furthest from marginal. You don’t plop a recruiter on WR’s. They require some technical coaching up. See Beard’s tenure here.
Yes!

Not everyone is built to be a HC or even a coordinator. He's been a great wr coach everywhere he has been.

Good recruiters get paid a lot of money even though they may be marginal coaches.
Martin was hired by USC originally for his skill as a position coach. He proved himself to be a great coach and elite recruiter. You don't keep increasing someone's input into the offense if they're not doing their job. It's arguable that Tee wasn't a great OC but as a position coach he was exceptional

VN Store

Back