'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

As a well known member, I have a feeling u show up at every loss, handing out kleenex, and a t-shirt to blow on!
Well known member doesn’t mean anything, I got it when I first joined like a month ago lol. Not important, just saying.

Hey dude. Go find a post where I call for Pruitt or fulmers job. I'm simply stating the state of the program. Also, if you check the talk thread, I've stated that Pruitt being successful is the best scenario. The truth hurts sometimes and it hurts me to say it but UTfootball as we know it is done, over, gone. It will likely never recover, at least in the next 20 years. Too many bundled hires. Too many risk on improve coaches. We are officially the worst football program in the SEC. We will win 2-3 games tops this year.
Saving this one InVol...one of us is going to walk this back. Hire the right coach and let him get two of his classes on the clock and you start winning. None of this 10-20 years, program dead bs! There’s no such thing. Not saying Pruitt is said RIGHT COACH, but not ruling out the possibility. I State this not insulting your intelligence or fandom...just your fortitude. Nut up buddy!

Saving this one InVol...one of us is going to walk this back. Hire the right coach and let him get two of his classes on the clock and you start winning. None of this 10-20 years, program dead bs! There’s no such thing. Not saying Pruitt is said RIGHT COACH, but not ruling out the possibility. I State this not insulting your intelligence or fandom...just your fortitude. Nut up buddy!
I hope you're right. We've been saying that for the last 10 years though. If Pruitt fails, Fulmer's a lame duck. Then we're in search mode for a new AD. Who knows what we'll get there. Our track record on ADs is just as bad as with our football coach hires.

Every time we wonder why we can't attract a well established coach. Not sure why. My guess is it's a combination of things including the lack desire from the University. If Pruitt doesn't work out and if I was forced to bet on it, I'd say he doesn't, we'll likely roll the dice again on a risky hire. Then we'll have a less than 50% chance of it working out. Then we reset again. Each of those setbacks come with a 4-5 year build if we have the right guy. I can easily see us going through 2,3,4 more coaches before we catch lightening in a bottle.

I hope you're right. We've been saying that for the last 10 years though. If Pruitt fails, Fulmer's a lame duck. Then we're in search mode for a new AD. Who knows what we'll get there. Our track record on ADs is just as bad as with our football coach hires.

Every time we wonder why we can't attract a well established coach. Not sure why. My guess is it's a combination of things including the lack desire from the University. If Pruitt doesn't work out and if I was forced to bet on it, I'd say he doesn't, we'll likely roll the dice again on a risky hire. Then we'll have a less than 50% chance of it working out. Then we reset again. Each of those setbacks come with a 4-5 year build if we have the right guy. I can easily see us going through 2,3,4 more coaches before we catch lightening in a bottle.

We need Pruitt to succeed, no other option.

We fu**** ourselves with bad hires and contracts and pigeon holed ourselves financially.

If Pruitt isn't the guy, who really is?

I've seen the can't miss as Stoops or Meyer.........I don't want either, but, who in the college game is a can't miss? 1. Saban. We ain't getting him.

NFL- who would want to come down to college really, more headaches and restrains and problems.

If there was a complete guarenteed for sure turn around winner, maybe it would be U. Meyer (uuuccckk), but, rather see Pruitt succeed. We need this to work.

We fu**** ourselves with bad hires and contracts and pigeon holed ourselves financially.

I've seen the can't miss as Stoops or Meyer.........I don't want either, but, who in the college game is a can't miss? 1. Saban. We ain't getting him.

NFL- who would want to come down to college really, more headaches and restrains and problems.

If there was a complete guarenteed for sure turn around winner, maybe it would be U. Meyer (uuuccckk), but, rather see Pruitt succeed. We need this to work.
I don't think there are any can't miss. Who knows maybe Saban would struggle here? Having said that, you can increase your chances by hiring folks that have had success at other programs. Butch could be considered in that category but he never had sustained success as he never stayed long at any one place.

I agree and have said that the best scenario is for Pruitt to succeed. I just have little confidence that that will be the case. I think he's completely overwhelmed and lost. I just don't think he was ready for a job this big. Tennessee should not be the proving grounds for young, up and coming coaches.

Reactions: tennvols77
I don't think there are any can't miss. Who knows maybe Saban would struggle here? Having said that, you can increase your chances by hiring folks that have had success at other programs. Butch could be considered in that category but he never had sustained success as he never stayed long at any one place.

I agree and have said that the best scenario is for Pruitt to succeed. I just have little confidence that that will be the case. I think he's completely overwhelmed and lost. I just don't think he was ready for a job this big. Tennessee should not be the proving grounds for young, up and coming coaches.

As much as it pains me to say, we don't have that luxury anymore, we have been a no name nothing for the last decade plus. We feel like we are kings, however, we have been thrown into the kingdom and are just one of many serfs.

We can only hope sadly. Even with the best and biggest name coach, no guarantees. Hope for probability.

Right now, if the year turns out well again for LA Rams (McVey), the only younger coach would be him, and he ain't coming no matter the dollars. I don't know of any NFL guy that would.

We need Pruitt to figure it out. Please please let him do so.......can't imagine this season at 2-3 wins and seeing what December looks like, let alone worse, after.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Oklahoma went through a litany of options after Switzer. Promoting from within (Gibbs), Homerun legend epitome of PROVEN (Schnellenberger), back to SoonerForLife with a pro background (Blake) before going with a DC with NO HC experience but a NC on his resume. Since then whoever they put in there comes up aces. There’s no such thing as DOOMED in a football program. The team that beat us Saturday didn’t have a program 10 years ago. #Perspective

As a well known member, I have a feeling u show up at every loss, handing out kleenex, and a t-shirt to blow on!
My opinions are similar to dozens of others posting on Volnation. Tell us who you believe we can beat on this schedule if the Georgia State game is used as a baseline for our performances this year.

Oklahoma went through a litany of options after Switzer. Promoting from within (Gibbs), Homerun legend epitome of PROVEN (Schnellenberger), back to SoonerForLife with a pro background (Blake) before going with a DC with NO HC experience but a NC on his resume. Since then whoever they put in there comes up aces. There’s no such thing as DOOMED in a football program. The team that beat us Saturday didn’t have a program 10 years ago. #Perspective
giphy%20(2).gif

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I’d be floored if Dabo tried his hand at the NFL.
Zero chance Dabo goes NFL. I think Urban is going to USC.

I really don't think Dabo will go to the NFL either. Just saying U.M. ain't the type to go to rebuilding program. He likes to take jobs that are easy. It would hurt his heart if he had to work too hard.

Great post. Agree with pretty much everything. But in order for Pruitt to be successful he is going to need time. If last year and this one, so far, is any indication, we are just way behind. Realistically he needs around 4 years to really rebuild this thing. Does he get them? Who knows. Fans on here like to treat first time HCs all the same. Like every single filers rst time HC inherited the exact same situations. Therefore, they can use the stupid analogy of well if he doesnt get it done by year 2, then he isnt going to get it done. Its just not that simple.

Dang butchna off the top rope with the factual logic bomb.

Reactions: SugarCC
Elsewhere, 5-star wideout Rakim Jarrett publicly reaffirmed his commitment to LSU recently, but behind the scenes, Tennessee remains very much in play with the nation’s No. 17 prospect. Jarrett is in constant contact with quarterback commit Harrison Bailey and other 2020 commits. As of this week, the Vols still feel very good about their chances to flip the 5-star receiver. Showing progress on the field is important with Jarrett, too.

- VQ

VN Store

Back