'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

For the 155th time.

Still talks to Tennessee and Maryland all the time.
So, he can’t be friends with them? I’m normally the first person to say that one game doesn’t affect a recruitment but it does if the HC is telling the recruits to watch them this year to show how much they’ve improved. Telling kids they will be 9-3 and they are going in the right direction, you can’t do what you did Saturday. UT killed their momentum.

Lots of big fish are swimming testing the line and waiting to see what TN does this year, Gilbert included. Up to Pruitt to show progress on the field, that was the very opposite. If that loss happened in year 3 or later for any coach, they are fired.

That said, Pruitt now has to have a wow game, has to upset one of the big games to swing it back but has to pound BYU this weekend. They lost by 20 last week, needs to be similar or worst this week for them for Pruitt to crawl out of the ditch he just fell in. Saturday literally was the only thing he couldn’t do because he had some trending UT’s way.

So, he can’t be friends with them? I’m normally the first person to say that one game doesn’t affect a recruitment but it does if the HC is telling the recruits to watch them this year to show how much they’ve improved. Telling kids they will be 9-3 and they are going in the right direction, you can’t do what you did Saturday. UT killed their momentum.

Lots of big fish are swimming testing the line and waiting to see what TN does this year, Gilbert included. Up to Pruitt to show progress on the field, that was the very opposite. If that loss happened in year 3 or later for any coach, they are fired.

That said, Pruitt now has to have a wow game, has to upset one of the big games to swing it back but has to pound BYU this weekend. They lost by 20 last week, needs to be similar or worst this week for them for Pruitt to crawl out of the ditch he just fell in. Saturday literally was the only thing he couldn’t do because he had some trending UT’s way.
Go. Away.

Which way high school recruits are trending right now is the least of our concerns. Pruitt needs to recruit the players on our team, if the same level of effort is brought this Saturday as was brought last Saturday BYU will run us out of our stadium. Half of BYU's team are actual men with families, they are always focused and they play with pride for their school and their religion, it's why they are always decent and can never be overlooked. If our players are still mailing it in on this coaching staff the way they have the last 3 times they have taken the field, it's going to be ugly.

Wrong. We survived Memphis and we will survive this. You are just too mentally weak to understand.

You're too mentally weaknto see what's plainly in front of you. Were you a Dooley apologist too? Butch? The program has been nuked you're just to much if a sheep to see it.

You're too mentally weaknto see what's plainly in front of you. Were you a Dooley apologist too? Butch? The program has been nuked you're just to much if a sheep to see it.
OK lets assume you get your way and CJP is fired mid season or by the end of the year.

The next coach will be left with a Butch's 2017 class, Pruitts 1/2 class from 2018, and his 2019 class. The 2020 class will be shot for the new coach especially with early Dec signing date just like Pruitt's 2018 class was shot. Pruitt's best recruits from 2019 (Henry T, etc.) will be bound for the portal.

With our remaining roster, the next coach probably won't even be favored against the G5 or FCS teams we play in 2020 or 2021. We will be Kansas level for years to come. Will we fire the new coach when he loses to G5 schools in year 1 or year 2? Good luck getting a new coach to sign on for that expectation when he sees our roster. This is the same reason Pruitt's buyout is 10-11 million now. He wanted insurance UT would not fire him until he had his players in place.

Pruitt has to get at least 4 years so he at least has his own players on the team. He has a 10 -11 million dollar buy out this year. Only way he leaves before year 4 is if he leaves on his own or gets fired for cause. It's sad we are in this situation .. but that's where the last 10 years of coach hiring/firing has put us.

Oh .. there is one way we could get rid of Pruitt/Fulmer this year. That would be if Haslam pays all the buyouts and picks the new lapdog AD and HC. I don't think anyone wants to go there again.

We're not getting rid of Pruitt.

Unless he goes 3-9 or maybe 4-8. Then its probably good night, adios, au revoir, auf wiedersehen and take your cornbread with you.

OK lets assume you get your way and CJP is fired mid season or by the end of the year.

The next coach will be left with a Butch's 2017 class, Pruitts 1/2 class from 2018, and his 2019 class. The 2020 class will be shot for the new coach especially with early Dec signing date just like Pruitt's 2018 class was shot. Pruitt's best recruits from 2019 (Henry T, etc.) will be bound for the portal.

With our remaining roster, the next coach probably won't even be favored against the G5 or FCS teams we play in 2020 or 2021. We will be Kansas level for years to come. Will we fire the new coach when he loses to G5 schools in year 1 or year 2? Good luck getting a new coach to sign on for that expectation when he sees our roster. This is the same reason Pruitt's buyout is 10-11 million now. He wanted insurance UT would not fire him until he had his players in place.

Pruitt has to get at least 4 years so he at least has his own players on the team. He has a 10 -11 million dollar buy out this year. Only way he leaves before year 4 is if he leaves on his own or gets fired for cause. It's sad we are in this situation .. but that's where the last 10 years of coach hiring/firing has put us.

Oh .. there is one way we could get rid of Pruitt/Fulmer this year. That would be if Haslam pays all the buyouts and picks the new lapdog AD and HC. I don't think anyone wants to go there again.
Hey dude. Go find a post where I call for Pruitt or fulmers job. I'm simply stating the state of the program. Also, if you check the talk thread, I've stated that Pruitt being successful is the best scenario. The truth hurts sometimes and it hurts me to say it but UTfootball as we know it is done, over, gone. It will likely never recover, at least in the next 20 years. Too many bundled hires. Too many risk on improve coaches. We are officially the worst football program in the SEC. We will win 2-3 games tops this year.

Reactions: JacketVol

Unless he goes 3-9 or maybe 4-8. Then its probably good night, adios, au revoir, auf wiedersehen and take your cornbread with you.
If Saturday's effort is brought to the remaining games, I'm having trouble finding 3-4 wins, maybe Chattanooga, but that's all I got.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

3 or 4 wins is probably more likely than 6 or 7 wins. I'm saying we still won't fire Pruitt even at 2 or 3 wins UNLESS Haslam sees an opening and pays the buyouts for all coaches and he also gets to replace Fulmer with his hand picked AD. If Fulmer stays .. Pruitt will be here at least 4 years.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Firings are always decided on a spreadsheet. When it becomes less costly to fire him he will be gone. As long as people are supporting the program, he's safe. When tickets renew and there are 10,000 less applicants, the brass will take notice. The only way wins and losses are part of the decision is when they affect revenue.

VN Store

Back