'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

Damn I hope Atlanta Vol is right on these guys.... B/c if he's not, there is going to random posters coming outta the bushes starting World War 4/5/6 etc in all these threads...

If he's right, crickets.

I dunno... he's not always right, but in my limited experience he's right more often than anyone else here.

Sometimes they take the nice car and still don’t sign. See Eric Dickerson. But this is how you have to play with some players and families. Others, you don’t.

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
He is not wrong on this one.

conair.gif

Callahan has perfected the CYA posting style. Even if a kid filmed a commitment video, showed it to Callahan, told him he's committing in an hour....Callahan would still write a post like that, "Vols in a good spot. But it's still possible he takes other visits." Don't think I ever see him just post something simple like "vols in a good spot" like Hubbs or Price do at times. He always writes at least a few sentences and always leaves it as "recruiting is fluid, never know, it's possible he takes visits, etc..."

He has, but he's also 100% right in doing so. He is working in the field of 17 year old emotions, not scientific facts. He is very smart to always mention those things. Some of the...less initiated... will take it out on the messenger when things change. But he's also smart enough to know sometimes kids say nice things about each school to its respective reporters, so he never goes full ham. Callahan is the best at what he does imo.

That’s kind of my point— LSU doesn’t really need an all-American QB to be successful
Successful? No. But to win the sec or more? they probably do and thats what theyve failed at for the past 7,8 years, shockingly so. I just think they take on a more modern offense and they could do it. Their beat bama by being bama AINT WORKING. It was said in the natty game last year that clemson scored more in 1 half vs bama than lsu had in like 4 years. just sad they are soo stubborn. I bet dooley or butch as OC and they could get back to atlanta...that is how maddeningly close they are. any halfbrain could do it

How many wrs are we taking this cycle ? We are in on a lot of top receivers

Ima guess 3-4. Maybe our biggest need along with elite dl. Need to replace JJ, callaway, johnson, byrd.

If we can pull a full 25, I would guess:

QB - 2
RB - 2
WR - 4
OL - 4
TE - 1
DT - 2
DE - 3
LB - 4
DB - 3

Reactions: JCLawyerVol
You’re going to see it materialize this cycle (Pruitt’s) kind of players... the athletes that test well.... and they will probably be at Wr... so just because it doesn’t have Wr beside their name doesn’t mean that’s not where they will be... they will try and get as many athletes as they can because this coaching staff knows what to do with them...

VN Store

Back