'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

As much as I wanted him... may have dodged a bullet here

Signing day could have gone better for sure with him and Burton. I will say the gloves are off as it comes as Kirby i.e. Burton. And I hate to agree with you though as it than would sound bitter, but I always say that its best first to find the guys that actually really want to be at the school... don't get me wrong stars are important on some levels but character, work effort, etc. are worth quite a bit at times. LSU's 2 star to low 4 star guys are the ones that are really producing, some guys really didn't have any big committable offers Jefferson, Clyde, Cushenberry, Farrell, Lewis, etc.

I mean, its a very strange world when you people saying they can't sign on signing day, tell coaches they are going to sign on signing day even the morning of... than sign with another team a few hours later without even a phone call, but to a degree that is a part of recruiting.

So, I think the kid is real good... but if LSU is going to lose one... the way this shock out does make it feel like a win in some ways as you mentioned, or potentially a win. I mean if trust was an issue, why not even say something and move on the morning of signing day? Of course, he was trying to get out of it the day before and not really want to man up and say he was out, just my take.

This is what I posted in Demon Clowney’s read.

Rakim and Demon are very close and Rakim switching to UMD could play a huge roll in this process and Demon's recruitment. In fact, Rakim started making calls to other schools once it became know that Demon was being dropped by LSU for other recruits. Had Demon been allowed to sign with LSU, Rakim would still be a Tiger. I know UT, UMD, and Ole Miss have been in touch.

My understanding is that Rakim was caught off guard by LSU’s most recent decisions. He had been told numerous things that fell apart including the schools commitment to Demon, which wavered in favor of another recruit who ended up not signing with LSU. When he figured this out he started reaching out to other coaches and universities, including UT / UMD / and others.

Think this is a pretty fair and easy decision for Rakim to make, given the way things unfolded. Clearly the school and staff felt as if they didn’t owe him anything, so why should he trust them? How quickly most here are to judge with very little to no knowledge.

Reactions: Sleegro
This is what I posted in Demon Clowney’s read.

My understanding is that Rakim was caught off guard by LSU’s most recent decisions. He had been told numerous things that fell apart including the schools commitment to Demon, which wavered in favor of another recruit who ended up not signing with LSU. When he figured this out he started reaching out to other coaches and universities, including UT / UMD / and others.

Think this is a pretty fair and easy decision for Rakim to make, given the way things unfolded. Clearly the school and staff felt as if they didn’t owe him anything, so why should he trust them? How quickly most here are to judge with very little to no knowledge.

The bubble players are told they might not a spot depending on the situation, that is normally how recruiting works. As a generalization many of the players are given situations where their offer is good but if X+Y+Z happens you might have to look elsewhere.

Offers are pulled on a normal and regular basis for a variety of reasons. LSU has commits and haven't signed yet, but the offers are conditional.

The bubble players are told they might not a spot depending on the situation, that is normally how recruiting works. As a generalization many of the players are given situations where their offer is good but if X+Y+Z happens you might have to look elsewhere.
obviously you're not wrong, but we have no idea how that conversation went, or at least, how clowney or rak perceived that conversation.....hence the reaction from RJ...and others.

Reactions: Sleegro
obviously you're not wrong, but we have no idea how that conversation went, or at least, how clowney or rak perceived that conversation.....hence the reaction from RJ...and others.

Very true, but it has been no secret to basically everyone that Clowney was a bubble boy. As long as they were being transparent as possible, lets be honest... nobody is going to be completely transparent... there is a bit of salesmanship here.

If his requirement was for a buddy to have a scholarship i.e. package deal than he might have had weight to pull that off, idk, it does happen... I have no information that was ever the case.

Very true, but it has been no secret to basically everyone that Clowney was a bubble boy. As long as they were being transparent as possible, lets be honest... nobody is going to be completely transparent... there is a bit of salesmanship here.

If his requirement was for a buddy to have a scholarship i.e. package deal than he might have had weight to pull that off, idk, it does happen... I have no information that was ever the case.
oh me neither, just reading tea leaves from the fall out....someone, probably by both parties, misjudged the tone of the converstation or intent.....

but yeah...

we knew Jay Hardy was coming to TN....ish happens.

Reactions: LSU-SIU

I would gladly take that package deal.

Glad we were close and also glad we were second. Do not need the drama this kid generates.

👀😬

Attachments

• 91BD1A5F-1A8E-4B36-B806-BD1D06DF1726.png
    91BD1A5F-1A8E-4B36-B806-BD1D06DF1726.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 200
  • E7992232-A7BE-41E3-B9EA-433A5A571E8C.png
    E7992232-A7BE-41E3-B9EA-433A5A571E8C.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 191

VN Store

Back