DC Universe

I’m guessing a big part of this is that Cavill and Affleck have been wishy washy on playing the characters, so Gunn wants people that he can count on. Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve read that Cavill is hard to work with. I think Gunn will right the ship,

Long term he might but he has a giant hole to dig out of.

Cavil might be hard to work with but he was one of if not the most popular thing left about the old DCEU and people were actually excited at his cameo in Black Adam and his announcement that he was back. It's a pretty horrible look to almost immediately walk that back.

They were making some strides but imo stuff like this makes it an even bigger trainwreck. They have Gunn now but they also have these leftover projects that are popular enough but still tied to the old DCEU. The whole Flash debacle and apparently Cavil had filmed a part for that as well that they are now wonder if they should cut. Shazaam 2 and Aquaman 2 are still out there. Peacemaker is about the only thing that is really hitting it right now.

If they really want a true DCU that's all connected, then imo the need to hard reboot like it sounds like they are doing with Superman, across the board. Release the remaining old movies then let the old DCEU connections die. And I don't know what to do about the non connected offshoots like The Batman and Joker movies, though sounds like the next Batman movie in that series may be in jeopardy too. Batman itself is its own problem, as I personally don't need yet another Batman "origin" type movie.

Long term he might but he has a giant hole to dig out of.

Cavil might be hard to work with but he was one of if not the most popular thing left about the old DCEU and people were actually excited at his cameo in Black Adam and his announcement that he was back. It's a pretty horrible look to almost immediately walk that back.

They were making some strides but imo stuff like this makes it an even bigger trainwreck. They have Gunn now but they also have these leftover projects that are popular enough but still tied to the old DCEU. The whole Flash debacle and apparently Cavil had filmed a part for that as well that they are now wonder if they should cut. Shazaam 2 and Aquaman 2 are still out there. Peacemaker is about the only thing that is really hitting it right now.

If they really want a true DCU that's all connected, then imo the need to hard reboot like it sounds like they are doing with Superman, across the board. Release the remaining old movies then let the old DCEU connections die. And I don't know what to do about the non connected offshoots like The Batman and Joker movies, though sounds like the next Batman movie in that series may be in jeopardy too. Batman itself is its own problem, as I personally don't need yet another Batman "origin" type movie.
Honestly, I would think they don’t need any origin movies at this point. Just go right into Justice League, and if they need flashbacks here and there to introduce a character, then use them sparingly. Again, if Gunn was able to make the GOTG characters into great movies, imagine what he can do with way better characters.

Reactions: Hopeful Vol
I’m not a comic book fan. I don’t think I have ever read one from front to back, but I do like movies. I just got done watching Black Adam. I like the Rock, and this was an okay movie. Glad I didn’t pay to watch it in theaters, but good enough to watch it on HBO Max. None of the recent DC movies have ever really been great in my opinion. The thing I like about Marvel movies is that I can follow along with no outside information. All the movies tie together and are logical. I think I have seen most of them in theaters actually. My point being, as an outsider, Marvel is far in a way much superior at making movies than DC. I’ve actually liked a few of the DC series, Doom Squad and Peacemaker, more than any of the movies.

I haven't seen Black Adam yet either but the part of the film I was looking forward to wasn't the Rock as BA but seeing the JSA on the big screen.

If Gunn wants to reboot the DC Universe by using Crisis on Infinite Earths he should make that several years down the road for the multi-team event (like Infinity War) he could start with the JSA & a new Wonder Woman set in WWII and build from there with different characters on each Earth.

Hopefully the DC/WB brass aren't stupid enough to think that fans/movie goers wouldn't understand the (multi-earth) part of bv the story.

You could then use old footage/CGI to eradicate Cavill, Gadot and even Affleck & Keaton's version of their characters in the opening scenes of a "Crisis" film as their earth's disappear.

If Gunn wants to reboot the DC Universe by using Crisis on Infinite Earths he should make that several years down the road for the multi-team event (like Infinity War) he could start with the JSA & a new Wonder Woman set in WWII and build from there with different characters on each Earth.

Hopefully the DC/WB brass aren't stupid enough to think that fans/movie goers wouldn't understand the (multi-earth) part of bv the story.

You could then use old footage/CGI to eradicate Cavill, Gadot and even Affleck & Keaton's version of their characters in the opening scenes of a "Crisis" film as their earth's disappear.

Thing is CRISIS was meant to wrap up 60 years of helter skelter continuity of monthly comics. The movies have been a mess but really they don’t need an event to wrap it up. Just reboot with a new GOOD Superman and build out a few other characters before attempting to do another JL or any type of major crossover.

Apparently Black Adam 2 isn’t happening now according to Johnson and Gunn confirmed. And now reports that Zachary Levi is out as Shazam after Fury of the Gods.

So really sounds like the total reboot is happening.

Apparently Black Adam 2 isn’t happening now according to Johnson and Gunn confirmed. And now reports that Zachary Levi is out as Shazam after Fury of the Gods.

So really sounds like the total reboot is happening.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Gadot will be the biggest loss.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Gadot will be the biggest loss.

Sounds like JM will be the only one to survive and even he is being recast as a different character.

I really don't mind if they totally reboot it. I did like HC as Superman but he really hasn't played the role since BvS. I mean he's in Justice League but not really in it that much.

If they pull off Superman I’ll be happy.

I’m just kinda shocked they are still going through with the Flash.

If they pull off Superman I’ll be happy.

I’m just kinda shocked they are still going through with the Flash.
They invested way too much money to shelve it. I think it’s a good way to have a springboard into the next movies.

They invested way too much money to shelve it. I think it’s a good way to have a springboard into the next movies.

I guess. They shelved Batgirl after 90 Mil. I’m guessing the budget for Flash is at least double that so they can release it, take a loss and the ex write off.

I get they are using it like Flashpoint in the comics. At the time they same time they are saying this movie doesn’t matter, throw in the controversy of Ezra Miller so he likely isn’t coming back... why care?

I guess. They shelved Batgirl after 90 Mil. I’m guessing the budget for Flash is at least double that so they can release it, take a loss and the ex write off.

I get they are using it like Flashpoint in the comics. At the time they same time they are saying this movie doesn’t matter, throw in the controversy of Ezra Miller so he likely isn’t coming back... why care?
There must be enough of a salvageable story line that it works going forward. It’s going to be interesting to see if they can pull it off and finally get the DC stories to work together.

I am not a fan of movies that rely on computer generated graphics. This looks to have much more attention to detail. I have always thought WB makes the best quality films. I am surprised it's NOT super woman. She is supposed to be a part of this universe. She might be getting her own movie series.

VN Store

Back