‘23 DC ATH Nyckoles Harbor (uscjr)

Okay, let's say he comes back. So next year our TEs are Warren, Campbell, and Davis. There's room for another. Even if it's not this kid, I'd still like one more personally. And yes, I know we have the walk-on that was well rated. We could still use the depth. The reason I point out this kid is his potential to be a freak at the position. And it's not like we don't have room. If he develops, he could be a weapon.
Sounds like we want an experienced TE from the portal if we add another one. Another raw TE isn't going to do too much to help in his freshman year

Sounds like we want an experienced TE from the portal if we add another one. Another raw TE isn't going to do too much to help in his freshman year
Still think he's worth it with that speed. He could easily be a match up nightmare. I can easily see him as a kid we wish we had pursued in a few years time.

Crouch and Beckwith were just big. Harbor has all size, speed, athleticism, etc
The idea was that all three seem to be positionless players. Big athletes that don't have a defined position, which did/could hurt their development. Kaemen Marley was another kid I worried about despite his lofty ranking; where was he going to play?

Yeah TE is a position true freshman can’t play. Brock Bowers
Brock Bowers was very refined in addition to being extremely athletic. Harbor is lump of coal that someone will try and polish into a diamond. It may happen, and if it does, he may be the next Vernon Davis type freak athlete at the position if TE is where he eventually ends up.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Still think he's worth it with that speed. He could easily be a match up nightmare. I can easily see him as a kid we wish we had pursued in a few years time.
I’d like to land him especially with increased numbers this year. That said I doubt he does anything at South Carolina.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Feel like people are sleeping on Beamer because we killed them last year - they seem to forget we had the same record as them (with their bowl win) and they beat Auburn & Florida with horrible QB play and are putting together a great class. I still think we beat them this year but SC fans are huge on Beamer and I'm interested to see how they improve this year.
Really wish we had a dislike button for this post! Beamer is a buffoon!!

Brock Bowers and Kyle Pitts say hello
If you are responding to the part about impact position, edge rusher is definitely more impactful than tight end. According to Spotrac, there are 12 DEs/EDGEs that make just as much or more per year than Darren Waller's new extension which just got a new deal. If you take Waller out, then it's 19 DEs/EDGEs

If you are responding to the part about impact position, edge rusher is definitely more impactful than tight end. According to Spotrac, there are 12 DEs/EDGEs that make just as much or more per year than Darren Waller's new extension which just got a new deal. If you take Waller out, then it's 19 DEs/EDGEs
TEs can still be impact players. Obviously DEs make a bigger impact, but a TE can impact the game as much as any player on offense. Especially one with Harbor’s athleticism. There’s a reason Kyle Pitts was drafted so high and he’s almost a clone of his if we’re strictly talking measureables

Plenty of guys play multiple positions in high school. Can you be specific as to why he is overrated?
Because he has no interest in Tennessee. If he were a commit he'd be versatile, but he's not so he's a tweener.

He's not too dissimilar as a prospect from Bradley. Multi-sport athlete, by all reports a really hard worker, smart (dad's an engineer), at his size he's very good in track.

We'd all take him in a heartbeat. Just more dumb homerism from the usual crowd.

Honestly curious. Why didn’t he sign early? Seems strange for this kid to even significantly be considering south car.

Honestly curious. Why didn’t he sign early? Seems strange for this kid to even significantly be considering south car.
Always a reason. Big time schools haven’t pushed too much for him and that’s always a red flag. UGA did for a minute but backed off. Maybe not having a true position is scaring a lot of teams away.

Always a reason. Big time schools haven’t pushed too much for him and that’s always a red flag. UGA did for a minute but backed off. Maybe not having a true position is scaring a lot of teams away.

How do you know big teams haven’t pushed hard for him?

How do you know big teams haven’t pushed hard for him?
Just did a little look through other boards. Primarily UGA and bama. Don’t have a reason why they haven’t invested as much as others. I’m sure they’re in the same boat as us, in that if he wanted in they’d gladly take him. Just hasn’t been a push for the kid since late September/early October.

COULD he possibly be NIL shopping and prepared to wait to Feb?

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back