Daytona recommendations

RockyTopGolfer

To be the man, you have to beat the man
Ok, I searched for Daytona and went 3 pages deep looking for this being asked previously.

Heading to Daytona in a couple of days. Would like some recommendations on things to maybe do.

We are going to Aunt Catfish and going to the dog track. We will be eating breakfast at the room each morning. We are also thinking about the track tour. Outside of that, some much needed relaxation and time away from the real world.

What are some cool things to do or better yet, what are the must hit places to eat.

Down at the very S end of Atlantic Ave. is the Lighthouse on Ponce inlet. A neat park and you can climb the spiral staircase for a great panoramic view of the area. There use to be a neat restaurant/bar beside the park right on the water. I can't find it on the web so, it may not be there any more. Was one of my hangouts during bike week.
Living in SW FL now I have heard that Daytona has really regressed as a tourist destination....sadly. Don't leave valuables in your car and be mindful of your surroundings. If you drive on Daytona Beach DO NOT speed or get crazy. Cops are everywhere!!!!!
Flagler beach just S is a neat town with old FL charm. Don't know which direction you are coming from but, St. Augustine is a really, really neat town with lots of shops n restaurants. The beaches at the state park are very nice (for the east coast)
Hope this helps

My first suggestion would be don’t. My dad has lived in the area for 30 years. He lives South of Daytona and it’s a much cleaner, nicer place. In fact most of the townships don’t even allow weekly or nightly rentals. Monthly only. He lives in a high rise right on the beach and we still go to Hilton Head because we dislike Daytona so much and would never go during peak summer times, bike week or race week. Frigging zoo.

I hate to be blunt but Daytona is dirty, cheesy and over developed. There are some decent places but you’ve got to know where to look and not convinced it’s worth the negatives. Dog Tracks are amusing. Since my dad has lived in the area so long I’ve spent my fair share of nights at the track when I was in college. I’ll never go back to one. It’s animal abuse.

Yes, Ponce Inlet, south on A1A is charming and there’s a couple of decent restaurants down there.

If your a cheese ball who likes jacked up pick ups, wife beaters, crowds and noise, you’ll feel right at home. It is the people of Walmart.

If your locked in to your trip, then I have a recommendation. There’s a little place called Our Deck Down Under, which is at the opposite end of the Dunlawton Bridge from Aunt Catfish. It’s actually under the bridge. It’s more of a local place.

Reactions: rs16
The River Grille on the Tomoka was pretty good the 2 times I've been there.

Go to St Augustine

Or better yet, you can go to Savannah/Tybee Island instead if you're that flexible

Reactions: rs16
Thanks for the real replies that are a little more than go here rather than where you stated you are going.

Had a nice trip and working on getting home now.

VN Store

Back