Days gone

Watched a couple of streams from guys like Fighting Cowboy and I just may get this Friday. TLOU was in the top 5 of games for me in the last decade or so and I see so many similarities between this and tlou. If the story and characters can grab me like tlou, this game might be really good. Gamestop has a 48 hour return policy now for some new games and I might just try using that.

Watched a couple of streams from guys like Fighting Cowboy and I just may get this Friday. TLOU was in the top 5 of games for me in the last decade or so and I see so many similarities between this and tlou. If the story and characters can grab me like tlou, this game might be really good. Gamestop has a 48 hour return policy now for some new games and I might just try using that.
Loved TLOU

Reviews are coming in. Currently it's sitting around 7/10 on Metacritic. That's about what I expected for this game. Good, not great.

Last edited:
Decided to get a refund for this before release. Just a lot of mediocre reviews out there from places I listen to.

I'm waiting until this is about $20 to pick up and after they've released several patches. The game looks pretty generic anyway, but add in all the numerous glitches I've seen and there's no way I'm throwing down $65 for this.

So did anyone end up picking this up? I would like to hear some feedback

Let me preface this by saying I haven't experienced any of the really bad bugs like some people have. I've had some small issues with the frame rate and, on a few occations, the audio isn't synced right on the cut sceenes. If I had, I suppose my opinion might be drastically different.

With that said... I think it's fun as hell. The story was good enough to keep me intrigued which isn't always the case (can't count the number of games that I've simply started skipping the cut scenes about half way through). I only have a few little things to do when I get home tonight to get the platinum trophy so I wish it had been a little longer but it was totally worth $60 IMO.

My biggest complaint is that the hordes (huge groups of zombies) don't respwan. Fighting the hordes was easily the best part of the game but once you kill them all they don't respawn. I also made the mistake of playing on normal. I really wish I'd have done hard but once I realized I'd made a mistake it was too late to start over.

Just recently hopped back into Day Gone. Such a great game. The visuals are just awesome. Forgot how much I love this game.

Just recently hopped back into Day Gone. Such a great game. The visuals are just awesome. Forgot how much I love this game.

I have a buddy that is just now playing it for the first time, I'm so jealous that he gets to experience this game.

I'm comfortable saying it's the most underrated game in the history of video games.

This is one game that REALLY benefits from the PS5. Especially loading times which were borderline painful on PS4. But also the boosted framerate makes the experience much more enjoyable.

Im secretely hoping that Sony's next Marvel game is Ghost Rider by this studio. They already have the motorcycle mechanics nailed down.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

I loved it when it first came out. I'm not one that is usually a fan of killing hordes of zombies,but I really liked how the open world was set out and all the different side missions between the groups in the game. While I don't see it happening,I would love to see a sequel especially after the ending.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back