Darnell Wright arrives at Tennessee

“Darnell is a guy that is a big, powerful man that can play any of the five spots on the offensive line,” Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt said. “He looks like he probably weighs 310 (pounds), but he actually weights 335, so he holds it very well. Another good student, and a guy that won a state championship as a junior.”

The centerpiece of the 2019 class is officially here. Add Wayna and a healthy Trey Smith to the mix and that's a 0-Line with three 5 star Maulers. The SEC is won and lost in the trenches and we are getting the trench hogs to compete once again.

funny-gif-fat-women-bite-joke-close.gif

whats with the gif man?

Reactions: feathersax
Let;s hope he is a shade more dominant than Kahlil.
Yes we need way better production than Vols got from Mackenzie, I don't know what happened to him while he was here probably had much to do with
Butch Jones mismanagement talent, Alvin Kamara is best example he should have had 3 times as many touches as he had "THE SYSTEM"
cost Tenn several wins in Jones era..................GO VOLS

In that 2sec clip, you can see the reason why Coach Niedermier is the recruiter he is. I hope he's prioritized on this staff moving forward. I'm ready for Football Time in Tennessee ! GB🍊 !

Reactions: DonDiego

“Darnell is a guy that is a big, powerful man that can play any of the five spots on the offensive line,” Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt said. “He looks like he probably weighs 310 (pounds), but he actually weights 335, so he holds it very well. Another good student, and a guy that won a state championship as a junior.”

The centerpiece of the 2019 class is officially here. Add Wayna and a healthy Trey Smith to the mix and that's a 0-Line with three 5 star Maulers. The SEC is won and lost in the trenches and we are getting the trench hogs to compete once again.

funny-gif-fat-women-bite-joke-close.gif

Loved the attachments. Great post Duncan.

Reactions: dduncan4163
We need Darnell and Wanya very badly but we need to be smart about their development and not push them until they're ready

He's cut more like a LB and doesn't appear to have a lot of fat for 335. If he's not a starter from day one, I'll be surprised if he isn't by mid-season.

Too bad he couldn't have been an EE for more S&C though.

Indeed, it's too bad that the Oline positions takes longer to learn than almost any other position, but hey, they say he’s smart and he's desperately needed, so we'll see

Last edited:
I hate to beat a dead horse, but he never even played Alvin Kamara because of Jalen Hurd! AK fit in his system much better than Hurd ever did.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but he never even played Alvin Kamara because of Jalen Hurd! AK fit in his system much better than Hurd ever did.
The he to whom you refered is long gone. I on't think we will have that problem with Pruitt. He started Freshmen last year and they did very well. Olinemen may take a little longer, but when they arr ready and if they are the best players, they will play.

He's cut more like a LB and doesn't appear to have a lot of fat for 335. If he's not a starter from day one, I'll be surprised if he isn't by mid-season.

Too bad he couldn't have been an EE for more S&C though.
Do you know why he was not an EE? Curiosity killed the cat I know but I am curious.

I think the problem was that CBJ tried to use them the same way. I saw many plays with AK running up the middle for no gain. JH was just better at getting tough yards with no blocking. When he was used in space, AK delivered so the issue IMO, is AK should have gotten as many touches as JH but not running up the gut with no blocking.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
'Liked the post DD. Nice write-up. Now, about Trey: Having been on blood thinners since 1999, and that goes back to the old days of warfarin...having to be tested every two weeks and still suffering from countless DVTs and a very scary series of PEs (one which caused me to flat line for over 2 minutes), and having discussed Trey's situation with my cardiologist at Duke University Hospital, I'm still wondering how in the world this young fella' can be allowed to even appear to be preparing to play football again. Figuring these docs UT's providing for him know what they're doing, apparently there are some factors (unknown by us) that provide us with some hope that he's somehow in a position to overcome his blood clotting issues. No way he should get on the field unless this is the situation.

All I'll say is "Please, please Lord...let this be the case!" With Trey, Darnell and Wanya up front, I'm guessing UT's O-line woes would be placed in the history books...at long, long last. At any rate, this should be a productive season.
I am concerned for his health as well....no amount of winning will ever want me to put this young man's life in serious danger. Football is already a dangerous enough sport as it is.

VN Store

Back