Dark Souls Remastered (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Well let me clarify, they were the only boss I’ve summoned a phantom in for. I was told by a guy at work they are basically designed to have a second player assisting you. I probably should have just tried them myself first but was basically told don’t bother.

Understood, but in the spirit of the game, you should complete it solo.

Summoning is part of the game. I encourage people to play however they want. I myself love feeling the accomplishment of beating a boss solo, but I also loved saying "FU." By summoning two other players and beating the hell out of said boss.

Dark Souls is a blast either way.

Well I believed my co-worker about the necessity of more than one player vs the O and S because there was a boss in the DS2 DLC that basically required multiple players.

Don’t remember who the boss was, after 40 tries I googled the boss and read something to the extent of “this boss is designed for multiplayer”

Last edited:
Well I believed my co-worker about the necessity of more than one player vs the O and S because there was a boss in the DS2 DLC that basically required multiple players.

Don’t remember who the boss was, after 40 tries I googled the boss and read something to the extent of “this boss is designed for multiplayer”

Most of them are.

Maybe I'm masochistic but good god I almost get high off finally winning on the 50th try.

Most of them are.

Maybe I'm masochistic but good god I almost get high off finally winning on the 50th try.

Oh same here. I actually have a frequent soap box rant about how today’s games are too easy. That’s the best thing about Souls games, the don’t reinvent the wheel when it comes to gameplay, they are just really hard. The hard is what makes them great. The adrenaline rush after an almost impossible boss defeat is like nothing else.

Oh same here. I actually have a frequent soap box rant about how today’s games are too easy. That’s the best thing about Souls games, the don’t reinvent the wheel when it comes to gameplay, they are just really hard. The hard is what makes them great. The adrenaline rush after an almost impossible boss defeat is like nothing else.

When you hit that point where you think your controller might short out from sweat leaking all up in its craws.

Didn't want to bump the DS3 thread, but I beat Midir, Gael, and Soul of Cinder back to back to back on the same ember a few nights ago.

I had died to Midir about 10 times already, but beat Gael and Soul of Cinder on my first try.

Didn't want to bump the DS3 thread, but I beat Midir, Gael, and Soul of Cinder back to back to back on the same ember a few nights ago.

I had died to Midir about 10 times already, but beat Gael and Soul of Cinder on my first try.

That’s badass. Midir and Gael are two of the top 5 toughest I’ve probably fought across all 5 games.

That’s badass. Midir and Gael are two of the top 5 toughest I’ve probably fought across all 5 games.

Midir kicked my ass all over the place. I really had to learn his patterns. Just reacting to what he did, which is normally what I do against bosses, got me annihilated. There were a few runs where I took away maybe 10% of his health before dying.

Beating Gael on my first try was miracle. I actually went into the fight just trying to learn his moves. When he went down I had a tiny sliver of health left and no Estus remaining.

Soul of Cinder was a pushover in comparison to Midir and Gael.

Build?

Quality build. 40 VIG, 40 END, 40 STR, 40 DEX

I used a +10 Washing Pole vs Midir for the extra reach, and a +10 Longsword vs Gael and Soul of Cinder.

Shadow set for armor (fast rolling) and Grass Crest Shield on my back for stamina.

Estus Ring, Life Ring, Ring of Favor and Protection, and Ring of Steel Protection.

Anyone play Demon's Souls? It's playable at 60 FPS on the RPCS3 (PS3) emulator on PC now. Incredible!

I started it up a few days ago for the first time on the emulator and am about 10 hours in. It's amazing that FromSoftware nailed the mechanics for the Souls games on the first try. Everything feels completely familiar. I jumped into gameplay without any issues or learning curve due to hundreds of hours in the other Souls games.

Also, it's pretty apparent that FromSoft was still getting a feel for how difficult to make these games. So far Demon's Souls is a pushover. I've died twice--once due to falling and once due to taking on the red-eye knight in 1-1 waaay too early. Having so many healing items also takes away a bit of the challenge. Still really enjoying the game, though.

I finally was able to answer that question. You know the one. "What's your favorite video game of all time?" Usually I can't really answer, but this time I just simply said "Dark Souls."

VN Store

Back