Danny White Targeting Tony Elliot, Sonny Dykes, & Lance Leipold. - Jimmy Hyams

Elliott becomes coach and gets Trevor to come in the Spring to work with our QB's like Peyton used to. Win, win.

If that’s all it is, we need to tell the AD to try again. Come back to us with candidates that show you’re serious about winning championships.

Hiring Leipold at Buffalo and hiring him at Tennessee are two completely different hires. Tennessee isn’t paying White $1.8mil to get an assistant or mid major guy. Hell, Fulmer with his “fool proof” contract could get that.

Capture.JPG
Lance is the only one that they would need to talk to, but he has no SEC experience and winning in a Power 5 school is much more difficult and different than winning at Div.III or Buffalo.......

Last edited:
I will always root for the Vols no matter what but Sonny Dykes? The same Sonny Dykes that was fired at CAL for going 19-30? He has done better at SMU because he belongs in a lower conference (see LA TECH). Hopefully Hyams is totally off with this list of candidates.

Back when the UT job still had a little prestige to it, the best we could hire was Derek Dooley.

The harsh truth is that UT isn’t an attractive job.

I’m not happy about it, but I believe Jimmy’s list could be very realistic for where this is inevitably headed.

Jeez y’all need to calm down, Hyamms is a moron and doesn’t know who White might target, just chill people

I'm not going to get triggered I'm not going to get triggered I'm not going to get triggered I'm not going to get triggered I'm not going to get triggered I'm not going to get triggered...

I am getting triggered I am getting triggered I am getting triggered. Lord please say it isn't so.

Reactions: tastycar
Tony Elliot would be a good coordinator hire for HC.
Guys, Saban and Meyer aren't coming here, so don't hold your breath for Vince Lombardi or any other sure win coach to interview, you are asking to be disappointed.

If he hires Sonny Dykes, the president and chancellor need to immediately bite the bullet and pay both of them their buyouts and move on and just go ahead and cut their losses. I have a hard time believing White puts his reputation and career on the line with someone like Sonny Dykes....

We will be one majorly pissed off fanbase if something like this happens. Extremely offensive if this news is true....

If he hires Sonny Dykes, the president and chancellor need to immediately bite the bullet and pay both of them their buyouts and move on and just go ahead and cut their losses. I have a hard time believing White puts his reputation and career on the line with someone like Sonny Dykes....

We will be one majorly pissed off fanbase if something like this happens. Extremely offensive if this news is true....
+1000 he’s gonna have to hit a home run hire and he knows that and I feel he will be successful in it

I dont mind Elliott, Leipold seems like a reach this early.

Dykes? That would be mattress burn 2.0 (3.0?)

VN Store

Back