Danny White press conference Friday 12:05 pm EST

I’m watching the beginning of this press conference now. I didn’t see Fulmer introduced. I hope he was never referenced.

I liked when he said his first priority to hiring a new coach was to talk with the FB team and find out the kind of coach they wanted. Maybe TN finally got a homerun hire with an AD and he can duplicate that with a HC. Maybe there is hope for us all after the dust settles.

I'd bet he has at least three in mind. He probably had a short list at UCF, just in case. He'll meet with the team leaders - which is an excellent way to begin the alignment behind the leaders - see what that are looking for. Take that information and see how it maps to his list. Five days max.

Reactions: Old Geezer
Wonder what AD White's thoughts are on Kellie Harper?

If she doen't work out, a big hire for the Lady Vols, maybe.

Wonder what AD White's thoughts are on Kellie Harper?

If she doen't work out, a big hire for the Lady Vols, maybe.
tenor.gif

I dont follow LVBB that closely, but I thought Kellie was doing ok....?

Said every coaching search will begin by talking with the players and a vote on who they might like

I'm impressed. Less than 48 hours on the job, sleep deprived, didn't side step questions. Also, seems that the entire administration is aligned and focused on getting the Power T back to its former status. Time will tell but I am pleased with these first steps.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Brief, but I was impressed. Danny White is knowledgeable & seems to be the right person for the task ahead. Chancellor Plowman was forthcoming & I've much more confidence in her than I was following the Monday debacle. Let's get this thing DONE!:cool:
Plowman should be gone too. She's a leftist coward and bully

Great quote/answer from the PC:

Q: With all the issues at Tennessee now, why did you choose to go there?

A: “If everything was humming here and going great, I wouldn’t be standing here. It wouldn’t be an attractive proposition for me,” White answered. “I was really proud and excited about what we were building from the ground up at UCF.

This isn’t a ground-up, because it’s been there, but there’s a lot of building that needs to happen. The challenges, in terms of the NCAA investigation, the challenges in terms of not being where we want to be competitively in football, that excites me, that energizes me. And I want to be a part of fixing it and building it.”

Reactions: tarvol73

VN Store

Back