Daniel Jerimiah has 2 Vols in 1st Round...

Tman44

God Father of Soul
I would like to see at least two VFL's go in the first round. I've seen as few as zero and as many as three. I understand we haven't even gotten to the combine yet; however, recruiting is always better when lots of Vols make it to the next level. We will know for sure at the end of April. A little positive info helps power through the doldrums of the off season. Go Vols.

Wright at 17 and Hyatt at 25.

Daniel Jeremiah 2023 NFL mock draft 2.0: Tyree Wilson goes before Will Anderson Jr.; Lions take QB

Honestly, I can see Byron Young and possibly evenHooker going before Hyatt. I think Wright is likely the first Vol off the board unless Young balls out in the combine. I think Wright and Hooker are pretty much set in where they go irrespective of combine results unless they are insanely good or bad. Hyatt is the guy that needs a good combine and pro day more than any of the other Tillman also to a lesser extent. I think if Tillman has a really good combine and Hyatt runs badly like a 4.43 or something he gets drafted ahead of him. Hyatt HAS to pretty much run a 4.3 something because speed is his only real calling card.. there are other things he does ok but that's his only elite skill. He is not exceptionally shifty, or great at getting separation, has no special teams experience to speak of, and finally has a small frame (press coverage). Neither of those things is a dealbreaker because he's not terrible at those things either. but all together honestly Tillman is a better NFL prospect to him if he can show he's healed.

I think Butler and Wright are most likely to go first-round. Hooker could go depending on what order QBs come off the board and who has him rated over Levis/Richardson. There are some scouts that have him rated as #3 behind Stroud and Young. and almost universally he's at worst rated 5th at his position.

Reactions: Samthebam
I would like to see at least two VFL's go in the first round. I've seen as few as zero and as many as three. I understand we haven't even gotten to the combine yet; however, recruiting is always better when lots of Vols make it to the next level. We will know for sure at the end of April. A little positive info helps power through the doldrums of the off season. Go Vols.

Wright at 17 and Hyatt at 25.

Daniel Jeremiah 2023 NFL mock draft 2.0: Tyree Wilson goes before Will Anderson Jr.; Lions take QB
Sounds about right...

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I read today that the Raiders met extensively with Hendon Hooker. Other than the obvious Hooker in Vegas jokes, I pray he doesn't get drafted there.

Reactions: TennesseeZep
So the Falcons didn’t meet with Hendon or Darnell or any Vols at the combine…but they met with Will Levis. Lol if they draft him I’ll actually quit being a Falcons fan this time.

Why would you subject yourself to that in the first place?

Reactions: HeadVol77
Chris Simms has Hendon Hooker as QB 3 available in the draft.

“Why is this guy not getting more buzz? What is there not to like? … If you’re going off film, I don’t know how he’s not in the top quarterback conversation.”

Things are looking up for our guy!

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2023/03/20/ohio-state-qb-c-j-stroud-is-no-1-prospect-on-chris-simms-2023-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings-available-now-on-chris-simms-unbuttoned-podcast/#:~:text=STROUD IS NO.-,1 PROSPECT ON CHRIS SIMMS' 2023 NFL DRAFT QUARTERBACK RANKINGS,ON “CHRIS SIMMS UNBUTTONED” PODCAST
Sadly Sims does not have a good track record on such things.. he's a commentator not a draft guru.

As far as the Levis(23) and Richardson(21) Haters... NFL scouts are seeing them and thinking Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. As talents they are gonna get the benefit of the doubt especially once you factor in age. At 21 teams are salivating thinking they can get a jumbo-sized Lamar Jackson with a better arm. In Levis, they see the next Josh Allen. In Hooker they see a top guy but hes 25 and coming off a torn ACL... without the ACL hes the safe pick and a solid number 3 with the ACL and age most are gonna have him ranked 4 or 5. Lastly, right or wrong, until its proven at the NFL level they are gonna hold UT's offensive scheme against him. He mostly only had to watch one side of the feild and had 2 maybe 3 reads on most plays. If this was 2026 and Heupels Offense had proven itself long-term (to translate to the NFL) there might be a different story but its new still. Its gonna depend on how well Velus, Tillman and Hyatt do in the pros and Hooker/Milton. Their performance will affect future guys evaluations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mccage
Chris Simms has Hendon Hooker as QB 3 available in the draft.

“Why is this guy not getting more buzz? What is there not to like? … If you’re going off film, I don’t know how he’s not in the top quarterback conversation.”

Things are looking up for our guy!

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2023/03/20/ohio-state-qb-c-j-stroud-is-no-1-prospect-on-chris-simms-2023-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings-available-now-on-chris-simms-unbuttoned-podcast/#:~:text=STROUD IS NO.-,1 PROSPECT ON CHRIS SIMMS' 2023 NFL DRAFT QUARTERBACK RANKINGS,ON “CHRIS SIMMS UNBUTTONED” PODCAST

Arm strength isn't enough, and his accuracy and athleticism aren't special to the point that it makes up for it. The most likely good scenario for him is that he can be Jacoby Brissett, which is great...the guy has made like $40m. This is not a criticism. Brissett is in the top 0.0001% of QB's ever. Teams are just looking for the top 0.00005%.

Reactions: pimo1
Jeremiah just updated his mock draft, still 2 vols come off the board in the 1st but the highest one is a bit surprising. He has Hooker going to the Vikings at 23rd overall. I think Wright will be the first Vol drafted but would love to see Hooker be a 1st rounder. He has Wright going to the Bengals.

From his mock:

"The Vikings have been doing their homework on this quarterback class. Hooker is well-liked around the league and he could sit for a year behind Kirk Cousins before taking over and ushering in a new era for Kevin O’Connell."

Raised in Atlanta. Lived here since 2000. It’s not for the faint of heart.
I actually the Titians have scored a lot of points considering, the talent that have on offense over the last 4-5 years. Their Oline is not very good and the talent, other than Henry. They have likely shortened his NFL live by using him way too much. I think they have to build for the future and drafting Hooker could be a smart thing to do, or it could be a big mistake. Hooker is already older than some starters and he stilll has to recover from his knee surgery. The time needed to to rebuild will take 3-4years to refill all the hole they have on offense. The defense also needs to fill a few holes. It will take a combination of drafting players, trading for key talent at critical positions and grabbing a couple of free agent players.

VN Store

Back