Dan Mullen: We got lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL to all of you. He has a top 10 class right now and won a boatload of more games than we did last year with marginally better talent. Mullen was a home run hire for them and will mostl likely dominate us for the next few years

What on earth gives you this idea?

The player's transformations have been blatantly noticeable after buying into Savage's philosophy in the weight room.

"We're going to do things the right way," Savage said in an interview with Swamp247 back in the spring. "If you do things the wrong way there are going to be consequences and it doesn't matter who you are or what position you play. Everyone is equal."

Sounds more like they are listening to a Pruitt press conference.

Mullen will do well at UF. He's got what appears to be a top 10ish class going and he has a solid offensive mind. UF, unfortunately, will be fine for years to come.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/c...-too-much-mullen-troll-georgia-feeding-beast/
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/c...ul-look-mullen-not-just-because-comment-2019/

reading through some articles on Dan Mullen this year, i think Tennessee fans are going to look back in 5 years and be thankful that Mullen did not come to Tennessee.

he did a great job at Mississippi State but since he has taken over the Florida job, he continues to act like a small school coach.

based on articles, the 2019 recruiting class is a dumpster fire. and he has decided to pick a fight with Georgia in the media..........sounds like a young Kiffin / Butch hybrid.

no doubt that Mullen can coach dual threat QB's and play calling. but as time goes by, i seem to be more grateful to have a down-to-earth, developmental, country-boy coach in Pruitt that is providing confident stability.

this fanbase could not take another loud-mouth coach that cant hold on to his players. IMO, if Mullen and Currie would of struck a deal, the chaos on the Hill would be greater today than ever in history.

also, we all know Mullen would not stay in Knoxville long term, especially if the Florida job came open again, leaving Currie to hire another coach.

THANK YOU DAN MULLEN FOR GIVING TENNESSEE A NEW AD AND COACH.

So far, all he has done at Florida is win. 10 wins and a good old fashion beatdown of a pretty good Michigan team says to me that Dan Mullen had his team overachieving for much of the year. Many prognosticators have the Gators finishing 2nd in the East and a few saying he will get the best of Georgia this year.

I wouldn't worry too much about players coming and going right now with a new staff. And we're still about 6 months from the early signing period.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
So far, all he has done at Florida is win. 10 wins and a good old fashion beatdown of a pretty good Michigan team says to me that Dan Mullen had his team overachieving for much of the year. Many prognosticators have the Gators finishing 2nd in the East and a few saying he will get the best of Georgia this year.

I wouldn't worry too much about players coming and going right now with a new staff. And we're still about 6 months from the early signing period.
no where to go but down now. FL fans will be expecting a lot more, a lot sooner now. and the East won't be as easy to win as it was a few years ago under Mac.

wait til mullen wins 8 games this year or next, or both..........then they'll come back to this off season and it'll matter then.

no where to go but down now. FL fans will be expecting a lot more, a lot sooner now. and the East won't be as easy to win as it was a few years ago under Mac.

wait til mullen wins 8 games this year or next, or both..........then they'll come back to this off season and it'll matter then.

I think my main point here is, maybe you should just wait, period. Had Florida beaten Kentucky we would be talking about an 11 win team. That is more an accurate barometer of where we are with Gator football.

I think my main point here is, maybe you should just wait, period. Had Florida beaten Kentucky we would be talking about an 11 win team. That is more an accurate barometer of where we are with Gator football.
ifs and buts.

i'm glad FL won 10 games. good for them. we'll just see how it shakes out over the next couple years. it's not the attrition itself that would worry me if i were a FL fan, it's the reaons for it that would.

can they over come it? sure. the in state recruitng lends itself to that. but you know as well as i do, if you have culture problems, then it really won't matter how much talent you have in the end.

and let's face it, TN is not the measuring stick game for FL anyway, beating us last year or even this year wouldn't mean a hill of beans to what FL believes it should be capable of doing every year....playing in ATL and going to the playoff.

they think they should be GA right now.

Can Mullen deliver that? idk? we'll see. good first year w/someone else's players. better get there in a hurry...or he'll be with Mac..........

Reactions: Behr
WHO CARES ABOUT GAMEPLANS. WE GOT ARE ASSES BEAT. Protecting the football and minimizing turnovers is smart and we did not play that way. I don't have a CLUE? Have fun with that moral victory mentality saying we only lost by 26.

You said Pruitt got owned by Mullen. Don't try to change the subject! No one is talking moral victories here! It is a fact that UT had 6 turnovers, more first downs, close to 10 minutes more time of possession, and UF had one sustained drive for a 75 yard TD, ALL FACTS!!! That isn't getting owned by another coach!!! FACT!!!!

Reactions: AM64 and papatomany
He meant you too.
dont-even-care.gif

You said Pruitt got owned by Mullen. Don't try to change the subject! No one is talking moral victories here! It is a fact that UT had 6 turnovers, more first downs, close to 10 minutes more time of possession, and UF had one sustained drive for a 75 yard TD, ALL FACTS!!! That isn't getting owned by another coach!!! FACT!!!!
In last years game he did get owned. Turnovers are part of the game. They protected the ball we did not. Not turning the ball over is a sign of a well-coached team.
The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. Does that saying ring a bell? UF was a better coached and more disciplined team than ours when we faced them last year. Fact. Luckily one bad game is not an indictment on Pruitt as a HC. We can continue to disagree all day long, which is fine this is a message board but bottom line is we lost by 26 points. There is not much you can do to mask that either other than saying we sucked that day and were not prepared. When the game is over all that matters is the scoreboard not which team had more sustained drives or first downs.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBVol and Mtnvol80
Mullen is not a hybrid of two bad head coaches
agreed. i don't think he's as bad as some do here.

but i don't think he's the second coming of meyer/spurrier either. if he's ever going to be an elite national title contending HC, he's in one of the few situations that would allow him to be that.

i don't think he'd of ever been more than an 8 or 9 win coach here, and that would probably require the moons and stars to line up right...i just don't think he has the recruiting chops to make it at a place like this. FL is much, much easier from that standpoint.

but it's just hard to ignore the issues that have gone on down there the past 3 or 4 months. and if they do under acheive at this point, i could see those natives getting really restless, really quick....and they already have the ammo for it with what's gone on this off season.

Warning... You're now entering a rabbit hole of irrationality.

If he meant “we had them beat” or we “should have beaten” them, I agree. Two Hail Marys and horrible game day coaching cost us three wins. Even an average coach would have easily closed out the 2014, 2015 and 2017 games. Those are all on butch. We didn’t win the games though.

So if UT rolls into the Swamp this year and beats Florida by 4 TD’s, it’s only “real” if UF didn’t have 6 turnovers? If UT wins by 4 TD’s but UF had better time of possession and more first downs, UF can claim some sort of moral victory?

Dude, take the 2018 ‘L’ and move on. You don’t lose at home by 4 TD’s and then look for some way to feel better about that.

Or just create a username to worship the worst UT coach of all time... be too stubborn to change it.
It’s a screenname. Worship at your own narrative. If it bothers you overly...it worked. Derek Dooley is the worst. Kurt Russell sucks.

Reactions: Behr
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back