Dan Mullen is now a high school coach

So one of the top 5 head coaches in college football (😂😂😂) is now helping out a high school. And some wanted him as our coach 😂😂😂.

Still would've been better than Pruitt.

He's a good coach, but honestly think he was burnt out at Florida. He could easily get a P5 OC job or even another HC job, but feels like he needs a few years off. He's set for life and coaching HS is probably more fun than coaching a major SEC program.

In hindsight, he probably should've just stayed at Miss State, where there was no pressure. If he has a 5-7 season, he keeps his job. He probably ends up with a few more 10+ win seasons, but a few 5-7 / 6-6 seasons interspersed with the good ones.

I wonder if Mrs. Mullens is still tonguing the starting team players?

Reactions: ptcarter
Got fired when Joe Judge did. Far as I know he is unemployed.

It's difficult to think of any football coach whose stock has fallen more in the pats 2 years than Pruitt.

No college wants to touch him. All he could muster up last year was an Analyst job in the NFL for a bad coach. Unlike Mullen, who's probably just coaching high school for fun, Pruitt might legitimately have to go back down to high school to get a job.

Reactions: tbh and onevol74
It's difficult to think of any football coach whose stock has fallen more in the pats 2 years than Pruitt.

No college wants to touch him. All he could muster up last year was an Analyst job in the NFL for a bad coach. Unlike Mullen, who's probably just coaching high school for fun, Pruitt might legitimately have to go back down to high school to get a job.
tenor.gif

It’s going to be fine - his lawyer is going to extort more cash from UT remember

Bama's Mike Dubose had a similar fate. Coached high school for a while. Actually, it does look like a step down, but it's not. These ex coaches have made more money that most (not all) of those reading this thread. If they can contribute constructively to helping young players develop, I'd say more power to them.

Cheating in the manner he did was doubly stupid for Pruitt - not just because it got him fired from Tennessee with no buyout, but also because it cost him the chance to go back to Alabama and slide right back in to their DC job.

Cheating in the manner he did was doubly stupid for Pruitt - not just because it got him fired from Tennessee with no buyout, but also because it cost him the chance to go back to Alabama and slide right back in to their DC job.
It should come as no surprise. The guy is an idiot. I tried to look past all of his “I’m just a football coach” stuff because that’s what wanted after Butch, but he just wasn’t very bright . At least not in a way that could allow him to be the CEO of a major football program.
82B0BFF9-145F-429B-BC2C-46C2C139847C.gif

Reactions: Plecoptera
It should come as no surprise. The guy is an idiot. I tried to look past all of his “I’m just a football coach” stuff because that’s what wanted after Butch, but he just wasn’t very bright . At least not in a way that could allow him to be the CEO of a major football program.
View attachment 455947
Pruitt is the quintessential button-pusher. He does not really know how the machine works or how to design his own, but he can follow directions well and knows to press the green button when the blue light comes on, pull the lever when the red light comes on, etc.

Watch this video for as long as you can stomach it, which isn't likely to be long. It is obvious he understands defensive football on a technical level, but his ability to 1) come up with this stuff himself and 2) explain it in an effective way is truly lacking. He uses internal jargon like "Stump" without really explaining it, like he just assumes everybody knows what that is, and in the film he shows from practice he repeatedly goes "Well, that guy wasn't supposed to do that." It's amazing.

It sounds like he’s just taking time off. Like someone said earlier, he’s already making millions.

On another note, why do you all think he failed at Florida? I didn’t follow them closely, but it seemed like he was more of an X’s and O’s coach and less of a recruiter. I don’t know if that played into him getting fired or not.

VN Store

Back