Dan Mullen is at it again - Transfer Portal

And the winner of the 2019, steps away from national championship award, goes too.... for their third conservative year.... Kirby Smart and the Georgia Bulldogs! (Crowd goes wild). Hang those banners!!

My man, if steps away counted for anything, Will Muschamp would have something after going 11-1 in 2012. Dan Mullen is steps away right now at 11-2. That’s what I mean when I say Georgia fans have to hang on to these meaningless happy phrases to make up for zero national titles in 40 years.

Hang in there, if Ed Orgeron can do it, Kirby can.
lol what are you talking about? When comparing Richt to Smart you absolutely look at what each has accomplished. You say Richt accomplished more, then I bring up evidence to show how that claim is false, and then you go off on this tangent. You keep moving the goalposts any time I attempt to have a discussion with you. If you want to have an actual conversation about football, I'm all for it. I remember before the season started we discussed UGA's WR's and how their inexperience could be a problem. If its just trolling shots back and forth, then I'm out.

When comparing Richt to Smart you absolutely look at what each has accomplished. You say Richt accomplished more.

Didn’t Richt win 2 SEC titles? Kirby has 1. I also read where Richt had a better overall win/loss record at the same point in their careers, with Richt’s being built from ground up, while Kirby inherited a solid program already winning 10 games a year.

SEC and national titles are the only accomplishments I recognize. Take your “playoff wins” (which only recently existed) and East titles and all that weakness to a South Carolina or Missouri fan. They’ll be so impressed.

Florida has 9 SEC titles and 3 National Championships since 1980. Division titles and “steps away” titles are for losers.

Reactions: mcg8r
Didn’t Richt win 2 SEC titles? Kirby has 1. I also read where Richt had a better overall win/loss record at the same point in their careers, with Richt’s being built from ground up, while Kirby inherited a solid program already winning 10 games a year.

SEC and national titles are the only accomplishments I recognize. Take your “playoff wins” (which only recently existed) and East titles and all that weakness to a South Carolina or Missouri fan. They’ll be so impressed.

Florida has 9 SEC titles and 3 National Championships since 1980. Division titles and “steps away” titles are for losers.
Richt Coached UGA for 15 years and never made it to a natty. Smart got there in his second year. It's odd you value SEC titles over playoff wins, since most would agree that playoff wins are more important. You can win your conference without making the playoffs, just ask Oregon and PSU. I bet either would have traded that conference championship for a playoff win and shot at the natty. I also understand that UF used to be good, but we are currently talking about the present and presently Smart is undefeated against Mullen with more SEC titles in less time coached. If you want to have an actual discussion, I'm all for it. Seems like you just want to troll though. Looks like Smart just got Newman out of the transfer portal to be the QB for UGA next season. UGA upgraded their talent at WR and TE. What has UF done this offseason?

Richt Coached UGA for 15 years and never made it to a natty. Smart got there in his second year. It's odd you value SEC titles over playoff wins, since most would agree that playoff wins are more important. You can win your conference without making the playoffs, just ask Oregon and PSU. I also understand that UF used to be good, but we are currently talking about the present and presently Smart is undefeated against Mullen with more SEC titles in less time coached. If you want to have an actual discussion, I'm all for it. Seems like you just want to troll though.

You keep saying this “made it to a natty” thing. Had there been a playoff for Richt’s 15 years he probably would have. So many teams would have even more national titles if the playoffs had been around. Hell, Spurrier and Bobby Bowden would both have a few more. Tennessee’s 2001 team would have made a playoff. Some of Peyton’s teams may have. The playoff is only, what, five years old? You can’t hold it against Richt that he never achieved something that wasn’t around to be achieved.

As it stands right this moment, Richt has more SEC titles than Kirby and neither have a national title. And Richt had the better overall record at this stage after taking over a bad program. Clear advantage for Richt.

I also understand that UF used to be good, but we are currently talking about the present

So 11-2 isn’t good? 21-5 and over two seasons with consecutive major bowl wins isn’t good? Finishing ranked in the top 6 in the country isn’t good?

Florida and Georgia have been very good the last two years, Georgia slightly better based on head to head. But neither teams were good enough to win the national championship. Sorry.

Reactions: mcg8r
You keep saying this “made it to a natty” thing. Had there been a playoff for Richt’s 15 years he probably would have. So many teams would have even more national titles if the playoffs had been around. Hell, Spurrier and Bobby Bowden would both have a few more. Tennessee’s 2001 team would have made a playoff. Some of Peyton’s teams may have. The playoff is only, what, five years old? You can’t hold it against Richt that he never achieved something that wasn’t around to be achieved.

As it stands right this moment, Richt has more SEC titles than Kirby and neither have a national title. And Richt had the better overall record at this stage after taking over a bad program. Clear advantage for Richt.
Richt did have the playoffs at UGA and never made it. Richt was winless in games that would be considered play in games for the natty. Smart made it to the national championship with a team of half Richt players and half Smart players, advantage Kirby. UGA played in their biggest game in 40 years under Smart, advantage Kirby. Smart has a better win percentage against top 10 teams than Richt, advantage Kirby. Richt never won the East 3 straight years, advantage Kirby. Richt fell off after his first 4 years and is currently employed. Not sure if you know this, but Richt wasn't fired for his first 4 years. As of right now Kirby has taken UGA further than Richt without the drop off that Richt experienced. Is it possible that Smart experiences the same drop off that Richt did? Absolutely, but acting like Richt never had that drop off and only coached for 4 years is disingenuous and biased.

Last point. If Smart is as bad as you say he is, what does that say about Mullen? Mullen is 0-3 against Smart and never had a chance in any game. Trashing the coach that owns your team just makes your team look worse. Keep trollin I guess.

So 11-2 isn’t good? 21-5 and over two seasons with consecutive major bowl wins isn’t good? Finishing ranked in the top 6 in the country isn’t good?

Florida and Georgia have been very good the last two years, Georgia slightly better based on head to head. But neither teams were good enough to win the national championship. Sorry.
lol why are you changing you story now? At least keep it consistent. Neither team was good enough to win a championship, but UGA has been closer every year. If UF wants to pass UGA they'll need to change their DC. UF currently has the opposite issue of UGA. Let's just agree to disagree. How has UF improved this off season? I don't keep up with UF, so I have no clue on their losses and additions.

If Smart is as bad as you say he is, what does that say about Mullen? Mullen is 0-3 against Smart and never had a chance in any game. Trashing the coach that owns your team just makes your team look worse..

Mullen has to certainly get over the Kirby hump on the field. I think UGA’s superior lines of scrimmage have made the difference the last two years. Mullen is addressing that in recruiting. But if Smart is so much better than Mullen, why does Smart never come up in NFL discussions? Nobody wants him outside of Georgia. And that’ll change after one or two bad seasons. Most Georgia fans wants a national title, period. If Kirby doesn’t bring that soon, he’s in trouble.

Spirited, respectful debate with you as always. Well done. 👊🏻🍻

Mullen has to certainly get over the Kirby hump on the field. I think UGA’s superior lines of scrimmage have made the difference the last two years. Mullen is addressing that in recruiting. But if Smart is so much better than Mullen, why does Smart never come up in NFL discussions? Nobody wants him outside of Georgia. And that’ll change after one or two bad seasons. Most Georgia fans wants a national title, period. If Kirby doesn’t bring that soon, he’s in trouble.

Spirited, respectful debate with you as always. Well done. 👊🏻🍻
He got brought up for the Bucs job, but hes at his dream job. Grew up a fan and played football there. Not sure if you saw my late addition, but How has UF improved this off season? I don't keep up with UF, so I have no clue on their losses and additions.

lol I love hearing opinions that differ from my own. Hearing views from other fans can help you the blindspots you have for your program. Kind of funny that UGA and UF are polar opposites. UGA needs better offensive coaching while UF needs a different DC. Will be interesting to see which changes first.

How has UF improved this off season?

They’ve been very fortunate with not losing juniors to the NFL. They’ve only lost 1 of 7 possible so far; CB CJ Henderson. TJ Slaton, Tyrie Campbell, Marco Wilson, Shawn Davis, Tre Grimes have all decided to return to UF. That’s huge. They are still waiting on a decision from WR Kadarius Toney. If he stays that helps as well, he’s electric with the ball in his hands.

So far they have coaching continuity. No staff changes yet, although that may happen at some point. I think coaching continuity is a big deal in college, having to install new systems on offenses/defenses slows players down sometimes.

A very solid recruiting class, every need addressed except RB but that should be addressed by NSD. Exceptional class on defense, studs at every level; DT Gervon Dexter, LB Derek Wingo and so many good DB’s I can’t list them all. Also added some studs via the transfer portal RB Lorenzo Lingard and although it hasn’t been announced, WR Justin Shorter is supposedly a heavy UF lean.

Of course, we haven’t gone through spring yet so we’ll all get a better feel for our teams at that point. But Mullen has the program on really strong footing right now.

Reactions: Atlanta917
They’ve been very fortunate with not losing juniors to the NFL. They’ve only lost 1 of 7 possible so far; CB CJ Henderson. TJ Slaton, Tyrie Campbell, Marco Wilson, Shawn Davis, Tre Grimes have all decided to return to UF. That’s huge. They are still waiting on a decision from WR Kadarius Toney. If he stays that helps as well, he’s electric with the ball in his hands.

So far they have coaching continuity. No staff changes yet, although that may happen at some point. I think coaching continuity is a big deal in college, having to install new systems on offenses/defenses slows players down sometimes.

A very solid recruiting class, every need addressed except RB but that should be addressed by NSD. Exceptional class on defense, studs at every level; DT Gervon Dexter, LB Derek Wingo and so many good DB’s I can’t list them all. Also added some studs via the transfer portal RB Lorenzo Lingard and although it hasn’t been announced, WR Justin Shorter is supposedly a heavy UF lean.

Of course, we haven’t gone through spring yet so we’ll all get a better feel for our teams at that point. But Mullen has the program on really strong footing right now.
Are UF fans against Grantham like UGA fans are against Coley?

Are UF fans against Grantham like UGA fans are against Coley?

Man, it’s up and down with him. He’s had games where we’ve looked amazing on defense and nobody could do anything at all (LSU 2018, Auburn 2019, and many others). But we’ve collapsed in other games (Georgia, LSU 2019) and frankly I thought the defense sucked in the bowl game v Virginia.

I think he knows his X’s and O’s as good as anyone, does a great job developing players, he just needs to be more consistent and avoid these collapses. I’m not in the faction of Gator fans who want him gone, not yet. So far for me, the good has outweighed the bad.

Reactions: Atlanta917
You do realize you are on a Tennessee board arguing with each other?

I think a certain uga fan and a certain UF fan both need some affirmation and a cookie.

Here ya go.......

“Around the NCAA” includes Florida and Georgia.

“Around the NCAA” includes Florida and Georgia.

True, and that was aimed more at the buttsniffer that you, but I just never understand going to another team's forum and trying to upsell your own team. While your posts are general ok, I haven't gone to UF or uga forums for years because I realize I'm not welcome there, and no one there really gives a rat's #$$ about Tennessee, or how great I feel about my team.

Same thing generally applies here, except that @Freak, to his great credit, gives a LOT of leeway to opposing fans. MUCH more than I recall on opposing boards.

Hey guys, what did I miss?
Edit:

LW version: Well, for starters you're still 0-12.

Oh, and UF will be challenging that NW record for the longest losing streak by 2022.

The UF football program is a dumpster fire.

Anything else?

Jaws version:

2020 - 12-0. National cham-ship.

Dan Mullen is the best recruiter in the SEC

Dan Mullen is the greatest recruiter, of all time!

Florida will easily eclipse the 47 game win streak set by OU.

Florida unscored upon in every game of this decade.

Florida still remains unbeaten entering 2030 season.

Last edited:
True, and that was aimed more at the buttsniffer that you, but I just never understand going to another team's forum and trying to upsell your own team. While your posts are general ok, I haven't gone to UF or uga forums for years because I realize I'm not welcome there, and no one there really gives a rat's #$$ about Tennessee, or how great I feel about my team.

Same thing generally applies here, except that @Freak, to his great credit, gives a LOT of leeway to opposing fans. MUCH more than I recall on opposing boards.
lol at no point did I upset. All I did was compare Richt and Smart like the other poster did. Never said what Smart would or wouldn’t do in the future, just what has happened. I realize that could bother UT fans, so I keep it on the around the ncaa forum.

This back and forward between the Gator and the Bulldog is why UF/UGA is my favorite game of the season. Love watching them go after each other. We win no matter what in that game. For the record, I think Jaws is right. If the playoffs would have been around in Richt's 15 years, he would have gone at least a few times. Richt also had to deal with far more accomplished teams/coaches than Smart has had to deal with so far. But, I think those times are a changing. I think a lot of the shine is going to come off Smart next season.

So can someone provide me a roadmap of the middle 6 pages how we got from Mullins use of the transfer portal to a who’s the best between Richt and Smart?

This back and forward between the Gator and the Bulldog is why UF/UGA is my favorite game of the season. Love watching them go after each other. We win no matter what in that game. For the record, I think Jaws is right. If the playoffs would have been around in Richt's 15 years, he would have gone at least a few times. Richt also had to deal with far more accomplished teams/coaches than Smart has had to deal with so far. But, I think those times are a changing. I think a lot of the shine is going to come off Smart next season.

I agree, Richt is a good coach, and slightly less irritating than the average uga person. The fact we could make fun of him as the male Helen Hunt just made it perfect.

Smart is just another arrogant uga person. And I think, though the jury is still out, that Pruitt will, in time, become a much better gameday coach than Smart.

MarkRicht.jpg

Reactions: Sub Par SUPERSTAR

VN Store

Back