Dan Mullen honors scholarship to injured player

Didn't we (Jones) pull a scholly from a RB in his first or second season?

Didn't we (Jones) pull a scholly from a RB in his first or second season?
The one that beat his girlfriend? Jones is on the other side of some cruddy stuff but honoring scholarships even after being injured wasn’t one. See Hall and Brooks.

Not to take away from Mullen here, but I think this is standard fair now. NCAA let's you do this without hurting the class.

Not to take away from Mullen here, but I think this is standard fair now. NCAA let's you do this without hurting the class.
Not sure why this is a story? It’s not a career ending injury, he will probably play this year. Kids tear ACLs all the time and they now normally come back stronger than before.

Not sure why this is a story? It’s not a career ending injury, he will probably play this year. Kids tear ACLs all the time and they now normally come back stronger than before.
Agreed.

But I think the NCAA let's you keep the counter if they never play or practice, similar to our McBride situation.

Mullen can also use this positive publicity as a recruiting tool for hs seniors, that if they commit and get injured, he will honor their commitment, while other schools may not.

Mullen can also use this positive publicity as a recruiting tool for hs seniors, that if they commit and get injured, he will honor their commitment, while other schools may not.
A lot of kids get hurt then still suit up. This kid was hurt earlier in the fall, recovery is now 6-9 months so that means he will practice and play game one if he is good enough. Seems as if it’s manufactured publicity. Zamir White tore his ACL his Last carry in HS. Tramell Terry tore everything in his AS game, and was never the same. Sony Michel tore his ACL, I can give plenty more. No reason not to take the kids commitment bc if they can’t play at all, they go in medical hardship and still have a free education and doesn’t count against the 85 limit. I’m glad he did the right thing, just about everyone does, there is no risk of not doing it.

The one that beat his girlfriend? Jones is on the other side of some cruddy stuff but honoring scholarships even after being injured wasn’t one. See Hall and Brooks.

I don't think it had to do with that. And, it may have been Dooley, I'm not sure. I just remember the kid and his H.S. coach was made. I read about it on this forum. One of the posters commented that it may have had something to do with an ACL tear. Seems that the HS coach told our coach not to come back to his school after that.

VN Store

Back