Dalton Knecht commits to Vols

I wondered the same thing so I looked, makes no sense lol, nobody else averaged over even 18ppg and Dalton was over 20lbs 🤷🏻‍♂️
I edited my post as I did the same thing. They had to value team results more than individual as the POY had the worst stats on the first team.

I wondered the same thing so I looked, makes no sense lol, nobody else averaged over even 18ppg and Dalton was over 20lbs 🤷🏻‍♂️

Positionally he was up against Steele Venters who is arguably better, more valuable to his team, and better known in that league. Outside of Venters, he’s the most valuable player in that league.

Last edited:
If you look, the entire first team came from top 4 teams in the conference standings and the POY was the best player on the best team in conference play.

I’m not sure people remember that ZZ tore his ACL. It’s quite possible that he will not be ready until SEC schedule. We will need a PG and backup most likely until January

Study says young athletes that return under 9 months after ACL, have a rate of re-injury at 7 times those that delay the return.

Positionally he was up against Steele Venters who is arguably better, more valuable to his team, and better known in that league. Outside of Venters, he’s the most interesting player in that league.
That’s not true. The entire first team is made up of forwards. Knecht is listed as a guard.

Positionally he was up against Steele Venters who is arguably better, more valuable to his team, and better known in that league. Outside of Venters, he’s the most interesting player in that league.
Knecht is on NBA team radars according to some of media guys. Doesn’t matter who was the best in that league. Everyone in the country wanted Knecht, glad he is here.

Steele Venters:
31.5mpg 15.3ppg 2.8rpg 1.5apg
45.7%FG 54.9%2ptFG 37.1%3ptFG 84.5%FT

Dalton Knecht:
35.3mpg 20.2ppg 7.2rpg 1.8apg
47.9%FG 54.7%2ptFG 38.1%3ptFG 77.1%FT

I have cut and paste too. I also watched them both play and play each other. Two very different teams. Knecht was the scoring option. Venters was on a very different team. Gonzaga didn’t chase Venters for no reason.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Knecht is on NBA team radars according to some of media guys. Doesn’t matter who was the best in that league. Everyone in the country wanted Knecht, glad he is here.

I think Knecht is a better NBA option, which has nothing to do with an MVP vote. I’ve compared him to Kyle Guy when our toads were calling him Justin Powell. I couldn’t be more excited about him.

I have cut and paste too. I also watched them both play and play each other. Two very different teams. Knecht was the scoring option. Venters was on a very different team. Gonzaga didn’t chase Venters for no reason.
And that’s fair. The league took players from top 4 teams for the 1st team and the POY was the best player in the best team. Had N Colorado been .500 instead of 12-20 then maybe he makes it. It doesn’t matter ultimately of course. We got him and we’re all excited. It just looked funny at a glance but I see what they did now.

With the stout players we've got coming back and these talented newcomers being added to the roster, the pundits will surely put us outside the pre-season Top 25. Because our name is Tennessee.

Last edited:
I think Knecht is a better NBA option, which has nothing to do with an MVP vote. I’ve compared him to Kyle Guy when our toads were calling him Justin Powell. I couldn’t be more excited about him.
Don't know if either can play at this level. Don't know that either will be an upgrade to JJJ and ON, but they bring something different. They bring a hope for healthy players. They bring hope that they'll be more consistent players. They bring change and something fresh. Shiny new toys I guess, but they bring a sense of excitement and anticipation to my outlook. Glad we made changes and have some degree of freshness about the roster.

I keep seeing posts about PG that don’t mention Edwards…are we that certain he’s not going to contribute? I know he didn’t do much last year but why does everyone seem so sure that he will never contribute?
2 guard

I didn’t quote or reply to you arguing your post, I was just sharing the stats of both players? However fwiw, in their 2 games this year Knecht had 45p 14r 4a 2s & Venters had 29p 9r 4a 1s 🤷🏻‍♂️

VN Store

Back