Dabo to the NFL?

Odiodin

Looks like he is about to lose his DC this off-season as well as already losing his OC. He is also on record with disdain for the idea of college players getting paid. It’s not a stretch to think he’s not very happy with his job right now, or even that his assistance already know that and are jumping ship.

That said, I haven’t seen anyone mention the possibility. Are there even any NFL jobs open that might take a chance on him? (Not a great history of college coaches making the transition)

Dabo might leave Clemson but I doubt it's to the NFL. I envision Aranda leaving Baylor and Dabo getting a call to change churches.

The thought of Rhule going to Clemson to replace Dabo also has crossed my mind.

Reactions: igotworms
15911448_web1_FBN-RAIDERS-DEC06-21-bh-038.jpg

Reactions: loservol
Its hard to say. He has always seemed to be a genuine Aww shucks kind of guy. Players at every level seem to like that. Professional players like it. The issue is at the NFL level the fans of a certain team are more detached to coaches than players. If things go south fans will say he is too passive. In college the right coach gets the benefit of the doubt over his players. Dabo has for obvious reasons bought a ton of mileage he can wear out with that fanbase in Clemson. I dont see him leaving for an NFL job unless he is taking over for someone who may be retiring but leaving a championship level roster like if Andy Reid ever retired. I dont see Dabo being the hire to turn around a floundering franchise. So I think he will stay put unless that day comes when Saban retires then if Dabo is their primary candidate and are willing to pay Brian Kelly money then I think he jumps all over that. If its similar pay as he makes at Clemson then I think he stays for a long time as fans are willing to allow him to choose his own exit.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I never really trust folks that wear their faith on their sleeve like that. I'd rather have a coach who is a man of faith but doesn't see the need to make sure everyone knows just what a good Christian he is, than a Dabo or Tebow who make darn sure their faith is part of their marketing.

Based on his demeanor and actions, I am fairly confident Heupel is a man of faith, but he doesn't see the need to broadcast it everywhere he goes. That, for me, is much more convincing.

I never really trust folks that wear their faith on their sleeve like that. I'd rather have a coach who is a man of faith but doesn't see the need to make sure everyone knows just what a good Christian he is, than a Dabo or Tebow who make darn sure their faith is part of their marketing.

Based on his demeanor and actions, I am fairly confident Heupel is a man of faith, but he doesn't see the need to broadcast it everywhere he goes. That, for me, is much more convincing.
Rick Barnes says hello. I think Dabo is different. I dont see him anything like Hugh Freeze.

Rick Barnes says hello. I think Dabo is different. I dont see him anything like Hugh Freeze.
Barnes is modest about it relative to Dabo or Mark Richt and especially relative to a guy like Freeze.

Freeze was so over-the-top about making sure you knew what a great Christian he was you knew it was phony from the get-go. People that really do live their lives that way tend to not talk much about it (or only talk about it if someone else brings it up first) and let their actions speak for themselves.

VN Store

Back