Dabo gets new 10-year $93 million deal

Dabo Swinney will not be going to Alabama when Nick Satan retires
I'm not sure I would say that with 100% certainty. I don't think he will, but only because of what he has built and its tough stepping in after a legend like Saban. The buyout with this contract will have nothing at all to do with bammer going after Swinney when Saban retires.

Dabo’s buyout is only 4 mil for another college coaching job and 6 mil if Alabama. Per ESPN.... that is all.

By the way I read it... he’s good to go on the buyout unless ESPN’s wrong. Bama still can offer a ridiculous price and pay the buyout.

I'm not sure I would say that with 100% certainty. I don't think he will, but only because of what he has built and its tough stepping in after a legend like Saban. The buyout with this contract will have nothing at all to do with bammer going after Swinney when Saban retires.
I thought he was for sure going to Alabama when Saban retired, almost as if it was a foregone conclusion.

After he won the first title and especially after he won the second, I don't think he leaves. Why would he? He can win at the highest levels at Clemson, and has an easier path to get there. Clemson could/would match any offer, and why exactly would Dabo want to go under that microscope even though it is home? They would run him out of town on a rail if he went just a couple of years without winning a title; they'd continue to expect Saban-like results.

It just doesn't seem like it is worth the headache, because the money is going to be the same or very comparable. Alabama absolutely could and would meet whatever financial commitment it would take to get him, but I just think Dabo would tell them "thanks but no thanks."

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Why be the "after Saban" at Bama when he already is "THE Saban" at Clemson? He will surely win at least another NC or two in that 10 years right where he is. Why go elsewhere?

Bama could get lucky and get a decent hire after Saban but more likely is they get Holly 2.0

It's pretty easy to justify, purely from a financial/economic perspective, that Saban should be making double what he makes now, if not $20-25m per year. Especially after the contract Calipari signed.

Agree. I have no problem with Dabo getting paid. He absolutely deserves it. But Saban should be the highest paid by quite a bit imo.

Why be the "after Saban" at Bama when he already is "THE Saban" at Clemson? He will surely win at least another NC or two in that 10 years right where he is. Why go elsewhere?

Bama could get lucky and get a decent hire after Saban but more likely is they get Holly 2.0
Or be the next Ray Perkins:)

I’m NOT a Dabo fan...
But I appreciate folks who succeed getting $!

giphy.gif

If I am any elite coach and they come after me right after Saban retires I tell them no. No matter the cost.

No way you match expectations. Let someone else take the fall. Come in after that though. With the ego hit they should give you more time while probably paying more.

I don't think Dabo will ever leave Clemson unless he is fired...He has built that program up on his own so its his baby...Would be silly to leave that situation.

Good for Dabo.

If I was Dabo, I would politely thank Bama for the consideration and stay put. He can sleepwalk to the CFP in the ACC...and the trophy counts the same.

Everyone has opinions on this message board:rolleyes: Time to put you on ignore for being a jerk:mad:

Oh no, now I won't get to explain how you misunderstood my comments or just missed the intended humor.

I hope Pruitt excels beyond our wildest dreams here.

I hope Nick retires after we beat him.

I hope they call Dabo then Kirby and they both laugh.

I hope they call Pruitt and he doesn't even take the call.

I hope....

Reactions: BearCat204

VN Store

Back