Da Reds thread

120601895_1611712685683747_9130158637086473865_n.jpg

Please bring better, or at least newer, material.

Dick Williams resigned

Might be time for a baseball man to step in. With his investment banking background he did some good things organizationally and financially for the franchise. Considering the life cycle of orgs, it seems they need to make modifications in their player analytics/development/strategy that are baseball oriented. What they tried to do last season relating to hitting just stunk. The current product on the field has a limited shelf life and upside. He made a good decision to leave on his own and do something else. Now, let's see if Bob C makes a good decision on the replacement.

Might be time for a baseball man to step in. With his investment banking background he did some good things organizationally and financially for the franchise. Considering the life cycle of orgs, it seems they need to make modifications in their player analytics/development/strategy that are baseball oriented. What they tried to do last season relating to hitting just stunk. The current product on the field has a limited shelf life and upside. He made a good decision to leave on his own and do something else. Now, let's see if Bob C makes a good decision on the replacement.

Given our love for guys with "Cincinnati" blood, I wonder if we'll take a look at Michael Hill since the Marlins just parted ways with him? Born and raised in Cincy.

Bob C wants a "yes" man to do his bidding instead of finding winners for every role.

I guess we'll see. From what I've read supposedly Dick Williams was more focused on the business/money side and that Krall is more the true baseball guy.

I guess we'll see. From what I've read supposedly Dick Williams was more focused on the business/money side and that Krall is more the true baseball guy.

Krall's got that Billy Beane/MoneyBall in him. Will see how it works out. If I was guessing he is probably why they changed directions last year with the overall baseball operations toward the analytics and advanced training practices. Don't care who or what or why. Just win and stop losing by being stupid. If he and Bob can work that out I will be their biggest cheerleader. Cincinnati fans deserve better than what has happened of late.

Castellanos didn’t opt out last night and will be back for 2021. The Reds have until tomorrow to extend the qualifying offer to Bauer.

Castellanos didn’t opt out last night and will be back for 2021. The Reds have until tomorrow to extend the qualifying offer to Bauer.

They did, so at least they get a comp pick. Now we sit back and watch him hit the lottery after his past season's performance. Probably a $30+ M offer coming. The team has several already there to replace Disco, but they may still need to sign a good FA to semi-replace Bauer.

Tucker with the GG again. Good for him, just wish he could hit. Shogo came in second for one.

Trevor. Yes.

Pay the man if you possibly can. He's worth it. Sign a FA SS. Clear the decks of wannabes on the staff and position players. Let Lorenzen start, he's strong and has the stuff. Trevor can help him along with DJ. They know how to go about it. SP's will be done with Mahle capable of stepping in if Miley doesn't work out.

Last edited:
Trevor. Yes.

Pay the man if you possibly can. He's worth it. Sign a FA SS. Clear the decks of wannabes on the staff and position players. Let Lorenzen start, he's strong and has the stuff. Trevor can help him along with DJ. They know how to go about it. SP's will be done with Mahle capable of stepping in if Miley doesn't work out.

Baseball's first professional team finally gets a Cy Young! As much as I want Trevor back it isn't going to happen. We're too small of a market with a small payroll.

Reactions: Vols4us
Baseball's first professional team finally gets a Cy Young! As much as I want Trevor back it isn't going to happen. We're too small of a market with a small payroll.

Yep - he's already got the Big Apple in his eyes. Need another SP - I don't trust Miley at all. Hope they can work a trade with him in it.

Did not see them non-tendering Archie, probably their most productive reliever down the stretch run. Did not see them non-tendering Farmer, their most versatile, productive utility man in years. But I guess they got him back anyway on a less expensive contract for a year, so the move worked. Did see the rest including Casali - who I liked. Goodwin was mediocre.

Stephenson proved he's ready for the spotlight and Tucker is a defensive gem. Cutting payroll, hopefully to make some moves to stay competitive. Need that SS and a pitcher or two. Garcia has some work to do on the farm to get the bat ready for the bigs in a couple years.

Swapped relievers with the Angels today. Ramirez for Iggy. Saved over $8 M in 202i with another year of arbitration with Ramirez. Iggy is FA after 2021. Saving up for a SS and possible SP for the club while controlling payroll. Looks like the closer roles will go to Amir and Lucas initially, subject to what they do with Lorenzen.

Looks like they are heading south of $100 M on payroll. Shopping Gray, Castillo, and even Suarez for MLB ready prospects. Nothing worth taking so far. Filling up the farm with wannabes, some of which have a bit of experience in the bigs.. Most of them relievers, which tells us they plan to try Lorenzen as a SP.

All 6 arbitration eligible players are signed at a little over $16 M. Now go get a good SS.

They also signed 9 internationals with their $6.4 M pool money. 5 from Venezuela and 4 from the DR.

Biggest crop of good FA SS's on the market in forever. Bob and Nick take a Philly Rule 5 pick-up who never made it in 6 seasons with the NYY org in Kyle Holder.

Laughingstock organization.

In an interesting UT connection with Nick Senzel/Knoxville/Farragut HS/and his father as a former UT coach, Nicky Delmonico was signed to a minor league deal and will try to make the club as an OF/1B. He had a good partial season as a rookie with the Chisox, but has tailed off lately. Maybe a change of scenery will help.

Whelp the season is getting close to starting. Honestly my excitement levels are no where close to what they were last year. I'm just hoping to see a competitive team that has a shot at the playoffs.

VN Store

Back