Volstad: 0.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER

87978560_10158308159643760_2682000840612380672_o.jpg

Spring Training; Game 2 Recap:

Rangers-6
Redlegs-9

WP: Alainz (1-0)
SV: Admes (1)
HR: Moose (1), Ervin (1)
RBI: Moose (1), Ervin 4 (4), Castellanos (1), India (1), Garcia (1)
2B: Castellanos (1)
SB: Barnes (1)

Notes:

Moose gets his first Reds hit/HR
Castellanos gets his first Reds hit with a RBI double
Castillo struggles on the mound: .2 IN, 3 H, 3 ER, 2BB

The FO is looking pretty smart now relating to the trades. Garcia is showing out already in camp as the SS of the future. Just 21 years old with slick fielding and an above average bat. Should open at AA and be ready for next season if he stays on the current trajectory. So not giving Senzel and the house away for Lindor look really good to me. Same at catcher. Not giving all of the payroll space for Grandal looks better now. Stephenson will be ready for next season. So they can keep the better of Tucker or Curt, which may be Tucker since he bats LH if he has a good season.

So they will have Senzel, Garcia and Stephenson as quality young guns with team control for a long time. That's the way it should work for small market clubs.

Don't think I'm going to Cincy again this year but I'll be seeing the Lookouts when they come to town in Jackson in July and going to the Southern League's All-Star Game in June. Hoping to see Jose Garcia if he is there by that time. I also what progression Lodolo will have this season? Is he starting the season in Dayton?

Reactions: Vols4us
Don't think I'm going to Cincy again this year but I'll be seeing the Lookouts when they come to town in Jackson in July and going to the Southern League's All-Star Game in June. Hoping to see Jose Garcia if he is there by that time. I also what progression Lodolo will have this season? Is he starting the season in Dayton?

Everything I read says they are fast tracking Lodolo and that he is deep into the Driveline training with Boddy in spring training. He may start out in high A and get him into AA reasonably quickly, but they have not released it yet. Sounds like he could be up to the club sometime in the second half of 2021 if he keeps progressing, subject to trades, playoffs and such.

Garcia continues to get rave reviews. You will probably get to see him if they haven't move him up to AAA. If he does what it looks like he can this season he may be in the bigs full time next season. No Lindor, no problem it appears. Farmer is even practicing at his former position of SS to back up Galvis this season. Of course they will have Blandino for that as well.

Going to take my stab at the OD roster:

Pitchers - 13
Trevor Bauer
Sonny Gray
Wade Miley
Luis Castillo
Anthony Disco
Robert Stephenson
Michael Lorenzen
Pedro Strop
Amir Garrett
Raisel Iglesias
Lucas Sims
Matt Bowman
Joel Kuhnel

I wasn't too sure who gets that 13th pitcher spot so I went with Kuhnel. I think Mahle starts the season down in Louisville IMO.

Catchers - 2
Tucker Barnhart
Curt Casali

Infielders - 6
Joey Votto
Mike Moustakas
Eugenio Suarez
Freddy Galvis
Kyle Farmer
Derek Dietrich

Alex Blandino goes down to AAA. Dietrich makes the club ahead of Josh Van Meter.

Outfielders - 5
Shogo Akiyama
Jesse Winker
Nick Castellanos
Nick Senzel
Phillip Ervin

Aquino goes down to AAA and Schebler is either traded for a bag of peanuts or DFAed.

Now if Senzel and Suarez start the year on the DL I see their spots being taken by Blandino and Travis Jankowski.

Pitchers - 13
Trevor Bauer
Sonny Gray
Wade Miley
Luis Castillo
Anthony Disco
Robert Stephenson
Michael Lorenzen
Pedro Strop
Amir Garrett
Raisel Iglesias
Lucas Sims
Matt Bowman
Joel Kuhnel

I wasn't too sure who gets that 13th pitcher spot so I went with Kuhnel. I think Mahle starts the season down in Louisville IMO.

Catchers - 2
Tucker Barnhart
Curt Casali

Infielders - 6
Joey Votto
Mike Moustakas
Eugenio Suarez
Freddy Galvis
Kyle Farmer
Derek Dietrich

Alex Blandino goes down to AAA. Dietrich makes the club ahead of Josh Van Meter.

Outfielders - 5
Shogo Akiyama
Jesse Winker
Nick Castellanos
Nick Senzel
Phillip Ervin

Aquino goes down to AAA and Schebler is either traded for a bag of peanuts or DFAed.

Now if Senzel and Suarez start the year on the DL I see their spots being taken by Blandino and Travis Jankowski.

Pretty much agree 110%

Pitchers - 13
Trevor Bauer
Sonny Gray
Wade Miley
Luis Castillo
Anthony Disco
Robert Stephenson
Michael Lorenzen
Pedro Strop
Amir Garrett
Raisel Iglesias
Lucas Sims
Matt Bowman
Joel Kuhnel

Catchers - 2
Tucker Barnhart
Curt Casali

Infielders - 6
Joey Votto
Mike Moustakas
Eugenio Suarez
Freddy Galvis
Kyle Farmer
Derek Dietrich

Outfielders - 5
Shogo Akiyama
Jesse Winker
Nick Castellanos
Nick Senzel
Phillip Ervin

Pretty much agree 110%

Ditto from me. Mahle to Louisville so he can keep starting. Dietrich and VanMeter battle for the 6th IF spot. Unless he reinjures himself, Senzel will be in CF on OD they say. He DH'd yesterday. Goes to the OF sometime next week.

Bump for the heck of it. Suarez and Senzel fully healed per the club. Weird baseball will be better than no baseball. Looking forward to seeing the impact of having a DH for NL teams.

That went well. Glad to see JV hitting well in the first game. Adding Moose, Castellanos and Shogo should help him and Suarez a bunch. Who do you pitch around?

VN Store

Back