Da Reds thread

Man, it sure is more fun when you win. Entertaining game tonight. The play Scooter made in the 9th was insane. Ozzie Smith lite. Check out the highlights if you didn't see it. Dove backhanded for a ball right over the bag. Ball bad hopped and he adjusted mid air. Got up and threw Braun out. Amazing

I have no idea why Senzel hasn't been called up. I mean I get wanting to season him a little in AAA but since the service time issue has been resolved I would rather call him up now. If we have to keep losing I would rather lose with young talent than seeing Pennington type guys starting.

I think its the same deal the Cubs had with Kris Bryant not starting the season a couple years ago -- something about free agency sooner if he opened the season with the team - Im not a Reds fan, but will follow Senzels career since he was a Vol

The streak is over! And Billy is hitting!

I think the are waiting for the Power 2 date to pass on Senzel. It's frustrating as hell but I guess I can see why they're doing it long term.

Ariel Hernandez was traded to the Dodgers for AAA RHP Zach Neal and A- 1B Ibandel Isabel.

Zach Neal is a 29-year-old reliever who walks basically nobody. He also strikes out basically nobody. His baseball card looks like a more extreme version of Floro.

Ibandel Isabel is a 22-year-old RHH 1B who strikes out all the time but has some real power. He hit 28 home runs in A-ball last year. The downside is that he struck out 35% of the time.

Today's off day is like sweeping a double header! We don't lose and we FINALLY FIRE PRICE!!

The Reds have announced they are replacing manager Bryan Price and pitching coach Mack Jenkins. Effective immediately, bench coach Jim Riggleman is interim manager, Louisville manager Pat Kelly is bench coach, and Pensacola pitching coach Danny Darwin is major league staff.

Later in the year, the team will conduct a thorough managerial search for a permanent replacement.

Reds are expected to have interest in Barry Larkin and Joe Girardi to mention a couple names

Later in the year, the team will conduct a thorough managerial search for a permanent replacement.

Reds are expected to have interest in Barry Larkin and Joe Girardi to mention a couple names

Girardi should still be with the Yankees - Cashman dropped the ball on that one

My mind says Girardi but my heart says bring the Cincy kid home.

I've come back to post this one time this season.

This has never been a full rebuild. It's been a slow, steady descent into Baseball Hades.

Pryce stunk and should have been gone 2-3 seasons ago. But so do the FO, coaches, and many of the players. All of it falls back on Bob and Dicky/Walter. Once they decided not to pay the good pitchers and gave away them away for basically nothing, it was all over. Add in having to pay $45 mill a year for two players, once of whom (Bailey) has pitched but a handful of competitive games in 2+ seasons. Then add another $8 mill this season for a back-up catcher. So half of team payroll for 3 guys with a small market club.

Votto cannot carry the club - never has even at his best. Despite his stats he is a complimentary type star. Despite his best season last year, it took career seasons with Cozy and Scooter to win as many as they did while still finishing last in the division. Add in the on-going pitching fiasco and you get what we are currently seeing no matter who is managing.

No easy way out of this one. It sure cannot be done at all with the same people being involved.

Holy cow Mahle looked good for 6 then it went to crap fast. My grown kids always say I'm a jinx if I text them to turn a game on because somebody has a no no going, so last night I texted them and said "you need to turn on the Reds if you haven't already, but I can't tell you why." When he lost it in the 7th they all texted me and said I'm a jinx:dunno: Oh well.

He's got to find a way to get through the lineup that 3rd time. If you watched you probably saw the graphic they put up: Mahle gives up a .250 average the 1st time through the lineup, a .210 average the 2nd time and a .610 average the 3rd time through. So he's getting teed off on about the 5th or 6th inning in most starts. But he looks like a good prospect.

I'm still not expecting a lot from Harvey until he can sustain success again but he looked good last night in his Reds debut: 4 IP, 1 H, no runs, and 2 strike outs on 55 pitches.

Scooter Gennett goes 5 for 5 and seals the victory tonight with a double play with the bases loaded and a 1 run lead this guy is on a tear.

We turned 5 double plays last night. It was a miracle we got out of that 9th inning jam. Scooter is leading a charmed life right now

We turned 5 double plays last night. It was a miracle we got out of that 9th inning jam. Scooter is leading a charmed life right now

I guess the question is do we sign him long term or trade him? While I know the logical baseball option would be to trade him for some quality pitching prospects I'm against it. He has become a fan favorite with the Reds.

VN Store

Back