D4H's 2017 NFL Draft Review (Best Picks, Best Drafts, and Predictions)

Didnt you say Cincy wou,d be in the AFC title game?

No. I only said they would make the playoffs and win one playoff game. I said they would make the Super Bowl if Dobbs didn't play for Pittsburgh. But that was only a remote possibility given the fact Dobbs will taking over soon this year and will lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl.

So after taking in the preseason as well as the latest roster moves, here are my predictions for the upcoming NFL season.

Enjoy.

AFC East
1. New England Patriots (10-6)
2. Buffalo Bills (9-7)
3. New York Jets (7-9)
4. Miami Dolphins (4-12)

AFC North
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3)
2. Cincinnati Bengals (12-4) - wildcard playoff team
3. Baltimore Ravens (7-9)
4. Cleveland Browns (6-10)

AFC South
1. Houston Texans (10-6)
2. Tennessee Titans (9-7) - wildcard playoff team
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8)
4. Indianapolis Colts (4-12)

AFC West
1. Oakland Raiders (11-5)
2. Los Angeles Chargers (8-8)
3. Denver Broncos (5-11)
4. Kansas City Chiefs (3-13)

NFC East
1. Washington Redskins (11-5)
2. Dallas Cowboys (11-5) - wildcard playoff team
3. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) - wildcard playoff team
4. New York Giants (4-12)

NFC North
1. Green Bay Packers (14-2)
2. Detroit Lions (9-7)
3. Minnesota Vikings (7-9)
4. Chicago Bears (6-10)

NFC South
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)
2. Atlanta Falcons (7-9)
3. Carolina Panthers (6-10)
4. New Orleans Saints (6-10)

NFC West
1. Los Angeles Rams (13-3)
2. Seattle Seahawks (7-9)
3. San Francisco 49ers (5-11)
4. Arizona Cardinals (3-13)

NFL Regular Season Awards
NFL MVP: QB Aaron Rodgers (Packers)
Offensive Player of the Year: QB Deshaun Watson (Texans)
Defensive Player of the Year: DE Myles Garrett (Browns)
Offensive Rookie of the Year: RB Rashaad Penny (Seahawks)
Defensive Rookie of the Year: DE Arden Key (Raiders)
NFL Coach of the Year: Jon Gruden (Raiders)
Comeback Player of the Year: QB Deshaun Watson (Texans)

AFC Playoff Seedings
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3)
2. Oakland Raiders (11-5)
3. Houston Texans (10-6)
4. New England Patriots (10-6)
5. Cincinnati Bengals (12-4)
6. Tennessee Titans (9-7)

NFC Playoff Seedings
1. Green Bay Packers (14-2)
2. Los Angeles Rams (13-3)
3. Washington Redskins (11-5)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)
5. Dallas Cowboys (11-5)
6. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)

Wildcard Weekend
#3 Houston Texans def. #6 Tennessee Titans
#5 Cincinnati Bengals def. #4 New England Patriots
#6 Philadelphia Eagles def. #3 Washington Redskins
#5 Dallas Cowboys def. #4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Divisional Weekend
#1 Pittsburgh Steelers def. #5 Cincinnati Bengals
#3 Houston Texans def. #2 Oakland Raiders
#1 Green Bay Packers def. #6 Philadelphia Eagles
#2 Los Angeles Rams def. #5 Dallas Cowboys

Championship Sunday
#1 Pittsburgh Steelers def. #3 Houston Texans
#2 Los Angeles Rams def. #1 Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl 53
Pittsburgh Steelers def. Los Angeles Rams

Super Bowl MVP: QB Joshua Dobbs (Steelers)

Definitely wanted to revisit this. So lets see about the player predictions.

MVP: Rodgers. It could happen. Although. i dont know that it will. I think its going to come down to Brady or Goff.
Offensive POY: Watson. Lol. Not even close. Thats likely going to Mahommes.
Defensive POY: Garret. Again LOL. There is a good possibility Von Miller could win. Or maybe Mack.
Offensive ROY: Penny? Lol. Not even close.
Defensive ROY: Key. You may get this one right. But Bradley Chubb is looking good.
Coach of the Year: Gruden? This is equally laughable as your Dobbs winning the SB MVP. Gruden sucks.

Definitely wanted to revisit this. So lets see about the player predictions.

MVP: Rodgers. It could happen. Although. i dont know that it will. I think its going to come down to Brady or Goff.
Offensive POY: Watson. Lol. Not even close. Thats likely going to Mahommes.
Defensive POY: Garret. Again LOL. There is a good possibility Von Miller could win. Or maybe Mack.
Offensive ROY: Penny? Lol. Not even close.
Defensive ROY: Key. You may get this one right. But Bradley Chubb is looking good.
Coach of the Year: Gruden? This is equally laughable as your Dobbs winning the SB MVP. Gruden sucks.

NFL is a very unpredictable league. Its hard to predict who will win games week to week let alone in the preason. I doubt many could do any better.

Just remember I never said my expertise was predicting events. I evaluate TALENT. Those predictions were guesses. Me saying Dobbs will be a superstar in the NFL ain't a guess. That is an evaluation.

When Dobbs gets his shot in a few weeks, you'll see what I'm talking about. He's the future of the NFL. And I ain't backing down off that.

NFL is a very unpredictable league. Its hard to predict who will win games week to week let alone in the preason. I doubt many could do any better.

Just remember I never said my expertise was predicting events. I evaluate TALENT. Those predictions were guesses. Me saying Dobbs will be a superstar in the NFL ain't a guess. That is an evaluation.

When Dobbs gets his shot in a few weeks, you'll see what I'm talking about. He's the future of the NFL. And I ain't backing down off that.

You have built in excuses for everything. You said Dobbs will be the greatest NFL player of all time. Not just a star. Your expertise about NFL talent is terrible. You hinge your expertise on Kamara. Your misses vastly outnumber your hits.

No. I only said they would make the playoffs and win one playoff game. I said they would make the Super Bowl if Dobbs didn't play for Pittsburgh. But that was only a remote possibility given the fact Dobbs will taking over soon this year and will lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl.
You said Cincy was “elite”

You said Cincy was “elite”
He likes to use hyperbole calling players "the best over the next 10-15 years" or "Future Hall of Famer" (after a guy's first few games mind you) and follows stuff like that with cliche's like "reminds me of (insert Hall of Fame player he never saw play name here)" and "is a (insert another Hall of Fame player he never saw play name here) clone"

Face it, he is a troll and he is playing out a fantasy where he pretends to be a scout or GM or something. He is batting about 10% on his predictions so it's comedy at this point. He doesn't even know what he is looking at when he "evaluates" QBs so none of that has any merit to it. He touts RB "evaluations" but Mixon is good but not enough to hold off any future jackwagon moves (say, like, knocking a woman out in a public place), Breida is good but far from great and is a fill in player, a placeholder, at best. Kamara is an offensive weapon but not as much a RB on a full-time basis. It's a mis-evaluation to peg him into a true RB role but as a Swiss-Army Knife type of use, he is a stud. Conner has been good at times but not consistent (and no dude, going down 14 points in the first half isn't the reason a team goes away from the run .. that's just more excuses and nothing more .. if you watched the game you referenced that D4H, you would have seen that Conner wasn't popping through the line at all and that's problematic for the Steelers).

He misses on guys he says will be studs and misses on guys he thinks will be duds. He is taking wild guesses and nothing more because he doesn't know what he is looking at.

Reactions: patrick
Only cause he has better teammates and coaches. Mixon is a far better talent. He's bigger, stronger, faster, and more elusive. There's literally nothing Kareem Hunt does better than Mixon. NOTHING.

In the long run over their careers, the better talent will show itself. And that is Mixon.
You're assuming Mixon doesn't get arrested again right? Anyway, this post is another reason why no one will put stock in your "evaluations" .. that highlighted line there is just ridiculous. Hunt hits the hole as well as ANYONE in the league and better than Mixon, has better vision to go with it. Hunt is one of the top 3 backs in the NFL.

You're assuming Mixon doesn't get arrested again right? Anyway, this post is another reason why no one will put stock in your "evaluations" .. that highlighted line there is just ridiculous. Hunt hits the hole as well as ANYONE in the league and better than Mixon, has better vision to go with it. Hunt is one of the top 3 backs in the NFL.

Since coming into the league the only player with more rushing yards at this point is Gurley. In fact at this point Hunt has a higher ypc than Gurley.

Since coming into the league the only player with more rushing yards at this point is Gurley. In fact at this point Hunt has a higher ypc than Gurley.
Yep, I would put the top three at Hunt, Gurley and Bell .. Mixon doesn't even make a top 7 at this point

Yep, I would put the top three at Hunt, Gurley and Bell .. Mixon doesn't even make a top 7 at this point

In fairness in the eyes of many going into the draft Mixon had first round talent. He had heavy baggage and wasn't even invited to the combine. None of that changes the fact trying to downplay Hunt at this point given his demonstrable on the field accomplishments is catastrophically absurd.

In fairness in the eyes of many going into the draft Mixon had first round talent. He had heavy baggage and wasn't even invited to the combine. None of that changes the fact trying to downplay Hunt at this point given his demonstrable on the field accomplishments is catastrophically absurd.
Completely agree, Mixon is a very good back and never said otherwise. But that quote I highlighted is exactly why we know D4H is just playing make believe with this stuff.

Here's the thing, if a guy D4H likes is on a team winning games, he claims it's all because of that guy being there (Kamara last year, Dobbs with the Vols) but if a guy D4H doesn't like is not doing well, it's everyone else's fault on the team. Just another version of kicking the can down the road really.

You have built in excuses for everything. You said Dobbs will be the greatest NFL player of all time. Not just a star. Your expertise about NFL talent is terrible. You hinge your expertise on Kamara. Your misses vastly outnumber your hits.

It takes time for players to show themselves. Especially at a position like QB. There's a reason my RB evaluations thus far look the best (i.e. Kamara, Conner, Breida, Cohen, etc.). Its because the RB position is the easiest to transition into.

Have a little patience. The legend of Josh Dobbs will start soon enough.

first round loss and a wild card does not qualify as "elite". You may be the greatest Troll of all time, but your understanding of the English language is pretty crappy. Cincy has the Bucs, Saints, Chargers, and Steelers remaining on the schedule. I typically just call you out on your most absurd stuff, but I'll revisit when the Bengals rack up at least 3-4 more losses this year.

first round loss and a wild card does not qualify as "elite". You may be the greatest Troll of all time, but your understanding of the English language is pretty crappy. Cincy has the Bucs, Saints, Chargers, and Steelers remaining on the schedule. I typically just call you out on your most absurd stuff, but I'll revisit when the Bengals rack up at least 3-4 more losses this year.
There's at least two more in the games you listed there .. I think they beat the Bucs and the Chargers is a toss up at this point.

They are.

This is the NFL. Don't let one game fool you.

They'll still be 11-5 and make the playoffs be season's end.

Elite teams don't get shutdown, and held to 10 points by a defense with these rankings:

Chiefs-Defense.png

There's at least two more in the games you listed there .. I think they beat the Bucs and the Chargers is a toss up at this point.
The Steelers (and mostly Big Ben) own the Bengals. If Gordon is healthy (which he likely will be), the Chargers won't be contested. The Bucs are Jekyll and Hyde. No idea which team will show up each week. They have the Broncos, Ravens and Browns too. I'd imagine they lose one of those three.

The Steelers (and mostly Big Ben) own the Bengals. If Gordon is healthy (which he likely will be), the Chargers won't be contested. The Bucs are Jekyll and Hyde. No idea which team will show up each week. They have the Broncos, Ravens and Browns too. I'd imagine they lose one of those three.
Yeah, the Bucs are a mess at QB and in the secondary .. D4H picked them to go to the playoffs this year also instead of the 1 loss Saints

Gordon? Gordon is a bust per D4H. (Of course over the last 2 years he's behind only Gurley and that bust Hunt in yards from scrimmage by RB)

Elite teams don't get shutdown, and held to 10 points by a defense with these rankings:

Chiefs-Defense.png

Patriots got destroyed by the Lions a few weeks back. This is the NFL. Weird results happen week to week. You gotta look over a larger body of work to know what a team is. Right now the Bengals are a good team. They'll be 11-5 by season's end and I believe they get their first playoff win in 28 years. Now they won't advance past the second round but winning one playoff game should be enough to warrant this as a very successful season.

VN Store

Back