D2 Grand Valley sidelines new OC after Hitler remarks

GVSU sidelines new hire after Hitler remarks

Coaching rule #247: NEVER use Hitler as a point of reference. You can't paint him into a good light.

“You know that move he made in the Battle of the Bulge is just the kind of aggression we’re looking for here at Grand Valley when the chips are down. If only it had worked, we’re talking overtime.”

“You know that move he made in the Battle of the Bulge is just the kind of aggression we’re looking for here at Grand Valley when the chips are down. If only it had worked, we’re talking overtime.”
"Of course, I can't handle losing so I always keep the cabinet stocked with cyanide just in case".

As far as comments on Hitler go that's not bad. At all. He says twice how he was a bad guy and wasnt interested in the why (racism) but the how.
Idk to me it seems harmless, but I can see why people who dont read the quotes freak out.
lol really?

I suppose it could have been worse, he could have said he admired him, but he said he would have liked to have met him and know how he "rallied a group."

As far as comments on Hitler go that's not bad. At all. He says twice how he was a bad guy and wasnt interested in the why (racism) but the how.
Idk to me it seems harmless, but I can see why people who dont read the quotes freak out.

Why are you bad at opinions? He could have named literally anyone else in history and it wouldn’t have been controversial. What about the quotes weren’t stupid? It’s the equivalent of saying “I know Jim Jones was a bad guy but you gotta admire how he was able to convince so many people to move to another continent, sleep with them, and get them to commit mass suicide. It was very inspiring you have to admit.”

Last edited:
Reactions: orangepridenation
lol really?

I suppose it could have been worse, he could have said he admired him, but he said he would have liked to have met him and know how he "rallied a group."
It's a fair point. Germans went from an inflation so bad that their money was useless, to conquering Europe in 10 years. That's a heck of a turn around. The how is pretty interesting and important.

The what and the why are where he was almost literally the worst ever.

Why are you bad at opinions? He could have named literally anyone else in history and it wouldn’t have been controversial. What about the quotes weren’t stupid? It’s the equivalent of saying “I know Jim Jones was a bad guy but you gotta admire how he was able to convince so many people to move to another continent, sleep with them, and get them to commit mass suicide. It was very inspiring you have to admit.”
He never said it was inspiring. He explicitly said twice Hitler was bad, and implied it a third time at the very start of the quote.

And he did also mention JFK, so it's not like he had on a white power T shirt and talked about rounding up the jews. The hitler stuff is the only bit getting press because people cant read beyond their own noses.

Reactions: VolSteve
lol really?

How is that bad. Hitler was an uneducated punk yet was able to gather the following of a nation. I’d like to know how he did that, then put a bullet between his eyes but nevertheless.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
It's a fair point. Germans went from an inflation so bad that their money was useless, to conquering Europe in 10 years. That's a heck of a turn around. The how is pretty interesting and important.

The what and the why are where he was almost literally the worst ever.

He was able to do that by stealing resources from other nations, forced labor, and by stealing wealth from the Jews not because he was an economic genius. He also launched massive public works projects as well as illegal military rearmaments that gave people the illusion of employment. He was nothing more than the product of a series of unfortunate events, misplaced anger from WWI, and rabid anti Semitism. He never won a single election and destroyed Germany for the proceeding 45 years. Other than that, he was a genius.

He was able to do that by stealing resources from other nations, forced labor, and by stealing wealth from the Jews not because he was an economic genius. He also launched massive public works projects as well as illegal military rearmaments that gave people the illusion of employment. He was nothing more than the product of a series of unfortunate events, misplaced anger from WWI, and rabid anti Semitism. He never won a single election and destroyed Germany for the proceeding 45 years. Other than that, he was a genius.

The man was able to convince an entire nation his was the correct path, that in itself is amazing.

Reactions: vols4evah
How is that bad. Hitler was an uneducated punk yet was able to gather the following of a nation. I’d like to know how he did that, then put a bullet between his eyes but nevertheless.

He was appointed by Paul von Hindenburg as Chancellor and was given totalitarian powers by the Nazi party in the Reichstag. He silenced the media and all opposition. That is how “he” did it. He never got more than 35% in an election.

Reactions: feathersax
The man was able to convince an entire nation his was the correct path, that in itself is amazing.

No he didn’t, concentration camps were full of political dissenters and political prisoners. Every German was fully aware of the consequences of opposition, most German soldiers were conscripted into service. German boys and girls were forced into mandatory service to the Nazi party

Reactions: Pappy

a 'great leader' does not kill his own people

Reactions: iuvol2012
He said he would have liked to have met a guy who killed tens of millions of people. You are aware of the PR "rule" that you never bring up Hitler, and if he does come up in conversation you never say anything good about him, right?

Hitler was perhaps the greatest demagogue of all time. He "gathered the following of a nation" by appealing to anti-Semitism and racism, then murdered and jailed political opponents.

You believe the jews were actually holding back the German nation? And that hitler was able to fix/improve (in a short sighted manner) Germany by removing them?

Not sure who is on the wrong side here....

He didnt steal until after he conquered. And the first couple years was reuniting German populations broken up after WWI, he certainly didnt steal from them. He conquered France first before he could steal from them. And that was relatively late in the process and they were the first major nation he invaded that would impact Germanys bottom line.

Even if everything was a house of cards he faked it until he made it, and he convinced every major player in the world it was real.

Again his what and why are disgusting. But the how is impressive AF. Imo of course.

It wasnt Hitler that physically ruined Germany. The Allies dividing the nation and turning it into a pseudo warzone did that.

You believe the jews were actually holding back the German nation? And that hitler was able to fix/improve (in a short sighted manner) Germany by removing them?

He didnt steal until after he conquered. And the first couple years was reuniting German populations broken up after WWI, he certainly didnt steal from them. He conquered France first before he could steal from them. And that was relatively late in the process and they were the first major nation he invaded that would impact Germanys bottom line.

Even if everything was a house of cards he faked it until he made it, and he convinced every major player in the world it was real.

Again his what and why are disgusting. But the how is impressive AF. Imo of course.

It wasnt Hitler that physically ruined Germany. The Allies dividing the nation and turning it into a pseudo warzone did that.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about and can't read well. He did steal from the Jews and confiscated resources from other nations, not sure why that is hard for you to comprehend. Well, he annexed many lands before WWII ever started, the first concentration camps were built in 1933, and nationalized the resources in Germany to rebuild the military. And yes he did steal from the German people

You literally have no idea what you are talking about and can't read well. He did steal from the Jews and confiscated resources from other nations, not sure why that is hard for you to comprehend. Well, he annexed many lands before WWII ever started, the first concentration camps were built in 1933, and nationalized the resources in Germany to rebuild the military. And yes he did steal from the German people
Just give it up. If you have to explain to someone why it isn't a good idea to say anything positive about Adolf Hitler, they're never going to get it.

You are more than welcome to read the Nuremberg Laws which were instituted long before WWII started. You are also welcome to read about the fees that were implemented on anyone who tried to leave the country. The Saar Valley which held a lot of valuable raw materials was annexed before the war. Forced labor started well before WWII and individuals were given the illusion of employment by working in military rearmament factories. It wasn't Hitler who physically ruined Germany?! So when he stated that Germany deserved to be destroyed because he had slaughtered every able bodied German man and could no longer achieve military victory that wasn't really his fault? Nonsense

VN Store

Back