D. Bailey - O & W Game

T2P_Priceless

I just rewatched the Spring game focusing on the D Line. Overall we know the D Line didn’t look great. We’ve got some help coming in with Tremblay and Terry but one great thing I noticed is #59 Dominic Bailey. He beat his man more often than not and spent most of the time in the backfield, he just didn’t get much help and the offense was fast. I’m excited to see how he does this year, especially against a normal speed offense.

I just rewatched the Spring game focusing on the D Line. Overall we know the D Line didn’t look great. We’ve got some help coming in with Tremblay and Terry but one great thing I noticed is #59 Dominic Bailey. He beat his man more often than not and spent most of the time in the backfield, he just didn’t get much help and the offense was fast. I’m excited to see how he does this year, especially against a normal speed offense.

I think we're going to be OK on the DL. Lots of bodies and lots of experience with better coaching. Baily is certainly a guy that's going to be counted upon to kick it up a notch.

Sadly, we won't be facing very many normal speed offenses this year. But I do think the backfield surprises people this year. Willie Martinez knows how to get the best out of his DBs

Dominic Bailey is one I have mentioned for some while, I first noticed him in the Under Amour game two years ago where he was really impressive. Omari Thomas and Bailey could well be the cornerstone of our D Line for the foreseeable future.
Yes, I’ve expected big things from them. I haven’t heard much about either since they were recruited and much less about Bailey. I think people are sleeping on him.

Dominic Bailey is one I have mentioned for some while, I first noticed him in the Under Amour game two years ago where he was really impressive. Omari Thomas and Bailey could well be the cornerstone of our D Line for the foreseeable future.

Yea, they both have the size, speed and quickness to be great DTs. It’s been awhile since we’ve had interior DL to be excited about but I think both these guys could be disruptive.

Just make sure the D-line understands something….

If our offense comes out and turns the ball over a bunch, our D-line coach better start updating his resume. Because that’s how you fix that problem.

I think we're going to be OK on the DL. Lots of bodies and lots of experience with better coaching. Baily is certainly a guy that's going to be counted upon to kick it up a notch.
I think most of the players who really didn’t want to put out the effort have either graduated or entered the transfer portal. This should result in muck better effort from the team this Fall.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
D Bailey is listed at 270 lbs on the official roster released last week, down 30 lbs from the 2020 roster. Haven’t heard if they are planning to move him out to the 5 or 7 technique. Hope this is a good (planned) weight loss for him.

Gonna have to gain a little more weight and get stronger. The athleticism is there, but he's a year away from being an major impact IMO.

Need Big O and Bailey to step up this year, no reason to think they won’t atp.

With Middleton and Emerson leaving I wouldn’t say many, but they should have enough if they hit the weight room.

It was noted that he’s down 30 pounds from last year, so the new S&C staff obviously has different plans.

That seems to be the case. I will say that he didn't look 290-300 lbs last season to my untrained eye. I think he's going to be a good player, but I'm going to stop short of expecting him to be a huge difference maker this season. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm looking for Bumphus, Butler, Simmons, the Kansas transfer, and Solomon to have big years. I'm hoping Solomon hasn't missed any workouts.

Last edited:
That seems to be the case. I will say that he didn't look 290-300 lbs last season to my untrained eye. I think he's going to be a good player, but I'm going to stop short of expecting him to be a huge difference maker this season. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm looking for Bumphus, Butler, Simmons, the Kansas transfer, and Solomon to have big years. I'm hoping Solomon hasn't missed any workouts.
Those guys will be playing inside. It looks like Bailey will be on the outside as an edge rusher

We'll see. Not really aware of many 3 techniques that can make the move outside to a pass rusher. It's usually the other way around. Ive heard of outside guys develop their bodies and get stronger and make the move inside.

For now I'm going to assume he's a good prospect and he's going to take another year to really develop. JMO....

I believe Coach Banks is going to have to get creative in pressuring the QB. Outside of Baron and Young, I'm worried. Hopefully we'll have a decent scheme to make up for the lack of pass rushers and have a few guys emerge during camp.

If there is anything I know about today's SEC, you have to make the QB uncomfortable. I wish they'd sign 7-8 edge rushers this class. I'm sick of QB's sitting back like Brady and carving us up.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back