cutcliffe

21VOL

espn radio is reporting that Ole Miss is going to fire David Cutcliffe..
press conference at 4:30

Attachments

• shuler.jpg
    shuler.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
Ouch... can't say many people didn't see it comming... I think they just wanted him there, knowing that he could get Eli to come to his dad's alma mater.

and do what with him? Give him the O-line job? Because CRS has actually proven to be a pretty good coach this year.

Sanders has done an excellent job. But i'm not stupid, I would take Cutcliffe in a heartbeat. If for no other reason, Cut can take control of the offense and not have to worry about Fulmer interferring. Fulmer has enough respect for Cut to back off and let him run his own show.

I don't think it will happen, just my take.

If Neuheisal is hired as I have heard rumors about, OM could turn into a tough team.

Rick is a damn good coach.

Maybe we could have 2 OC's for 2 QB's.

wouldn't we need 3 now? hate to see him get fired and hope he lands a job in SEC so he can stick it to Ol Miss

to rwerymess- if we don't find Cutcliffe his old job back we're screwing up.Cutcliffe taught RS what little he knows, you saw that in this year's Mississippi game. Do you want the teacher or the student? That answer seems very clear.

I hate it for Cutcliffe. That theory about them taking him just so Eli would go to Ole Miss sounds about right. Can't imagine him going there if they hadn't hired David.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Dec 1, 2004 6:04 PM
to rwerymess- if we don't find Cutcliffe his old job back we're screwing up.Cutcliffe taught RS what little he knows, you saw that in this year's Mississippi game. Do you want the teacher or the student? That answer seems very clear.

Then by that logic you must not have any problem with Fulmer as Head Coach?

And the name is Wemyss, I'd appreciate it if you got that right, thanks Sarge.

You don't just out and fire a guy for doing a good job. If your boss thought like you do, you'd be on the chopping block in a hearbeat.

One I have never wanted to fire Fulmer, only Sanders. I don't agree with everything he does but, his offensive staff needs a serious shakeup. And you fire because of lack of performance... RS has long since hit that mark. Maybe 2 or more years ago. :thumbsup:

But what about this year? Having 2 freshman QBS ready to play and another 3rd stringer come in and put up those stats is pretty impressive.

rwemyss- I never wanted to fire Fulmer, only ask him to realize the offensive failure that has been going on since the departure of DC. There are volumes of validation to relocate or fire RS as the qb coach. (his old spot) This is a great opportunity to improve our coaching, players and performance on the field. Act now and don't ever look back :good:

Those freshmen were talented and played as talented freshmen would be expected to play. As for Clausen, he is in his THIRD year of college football and played as a third year player should also.The players made RS look better than he made them look.

But Clausen never saw the field before this year, not your average 3rd year player. And those freshmen played above expectations, especially Ainge.

whose expectations? I DO NOT expect falloffs in records or performance with our program at the level is now. That is an excuse the coaches use to get pressure off their backs. Lowering expectations, never acceptable.

So you expect true freshman and guys who have never seen the field during live game action to go win us national championships every year? Gimme a break.

to compete, Yes. There should be sufficcient talent and coaching to get them through the early part of the season and after 5+ games they should be ready. Especially in with our vaunted "rushing" attack. Secondly, a program in our position should NEVER have a cupboard so bare to have to start TWO freshmen.

What do you consider competing? We are playing for an SEC Championship this coming Saturday. National Championships don't come around very often. Are we consistently a player in the picture during the season, early or late? Yes. Are we rated #1 or 2 every year? No, no one is. We do compete. Some of you are just to blind to see it and ALWAYS hang on the negative.

I don't expect freshman QBs to carry a team. Tee didn't have to in 98, and they shouldn't have to this year. But they did better than anyone imagined. And it all started because Sanders worked with them from the beginning.

You say there's been a major dropoff in offensive performance since CRS became the OC, yet AllVoll already gave us the offensive numbers during the two tenures, and guess what... THEY AREN'T THAT DIFFERENT.

That said, Cut had players like Peyton Manning, Jamaal Lewis, Travis Henry, etc. as some of the most talented offensive players to come through UT, EVER.

I understand not liking Sanders. I was on the "hate Sanders" bandwagon too for quite a while, but the O has really played well for MOST of the season... the Aubarn game was the exception.

And you could have fooled me about Fulmer. The impression I got a little over a week ago was that you thought Fulmer should be fired. I apologize for misreading that.

VN Store

Back