Custom UT entertainment center

Very nice entertainment center... diggin it!

Floor doesn't bother me too too bad (I'd like it a LOT better without the power T in every orange tile).... but that border man... nope... just cause ur a UT fan doesn't mean you have to be outright tacky hahaha

Take the border down.... paint the room a medium gray... on the TV wall, do a smokey mountain skyline accent wall....

Great Smoky Mountains National Park
^- Something like that as a general stencil design

Painter's drop cloth and painters tape... get a few paints in different shades of grey and get lighter as you go up... that'd look sick ;) .... couple hundred in paint and some elbow grease would make the whole room look nice instead of tacky and cheap

Just my opinion... it's ur house feel free to tell me to f right off :)

The entertainment center is super nice tho, carpenter do it for you?

Floor doesn't bother me too too bad (I'd like it a LOT better without the power T in every orange tile).... but that border man... nope... just cause ur a UT fan doesn't mean you have to be outright tacky hahaha

Take the border down.... paint the room a medium gray... on the TV wall, do a smokey mountain skyline accent wall....

Painter's drop cloth and painters tape... get a few paints in different shades of grey and get lighter as you go up... that'd look sick ;) .... couple hundred in paint and some elbow grease would make the whole room look nice instead of tacky and cheap

Not a bad idea with the mountains. I could never do it myself but I'll keep it in mind.

Last edited:

Tacky and cheap? lol geez, it's not even my house and I wanna tell you to F off.
I guess the ol' saying "if you don't have anything good say, don't say anything at all" applies on message boards.

wow , some people have to prove that they are an azzhole instead of just keeping it to themselves. Let me guess, you are a home interior decorator ?

Thanks for going ahead and posting your man cave pics during the off-season. The last couple of guys I have seen do it on game day have been bad omens.

Reactions: boeninghaus
First, I love it and will tackle the job and prob build one of my own. Was the squashed look (non proportional) due to design and limit of space that it’ll go into? JW.. love it no matter!

Reactions: boeninghaus
wow , some people have to prove that they are an azzhole instead of just keeping it to themselves. Let me guess, you are a home interior decorator ?
I didn't intend to come off as snobby, and no, I'm not an interior decorator :rolleyes:...

I'm also not the guy that lets a friend walk around with his shirt tag hanging out or booger bout to fall out of his nose or whatever all day because I'm "too nice to say something"... people that are "too nice to say something" are the a**holes IMO

I complimented the item the thread was about (because it deserved it on its own merit, that thing is awesome)... offered my opinion on its surroundings (which apparently if its not glowing, then I'm an ******* for), and gave him a super cheap option if he wanted to upgrade the room. Pretty sure paint is the actual cheapest thing you can do to a room, but it'd look like a million bucks. Patterned logos in living spaces quickly gets too busy, and white walls in general look like primer waiting for paint.

You guys are suuuuper thin-skinned around here (I can't believe he took the pic down)... I'd say that to anybody IRL or message board or whatever, and if they lived close I'd offer to help em paint...

Anyways... again... the entertainment center is super dope... enjoy it... sorry if I offended you OP, wasn't meant to be taken that way

VN Store

Back