Custom UT entertainment center

I didn't intend to come off as snobby, and no, I'm not an interior decorator :rolleyes:...

I'm also not the guy that lets a friend walk around with his shirt tag hanging out or booger bout to fall out of his nose or whatever all day because I'm "too nice to say something"... people that are "too nice to say something" are the a**holes IMO

I complimented the item the thread was about (because it deserved it on its own merit, that thing is awesome)... offered my opinion on its surroundings (which apparently if its not glowing, then I'm an ******* for), and gave him a super cheap option if he wanted to upgrade the room. Pretty sure paint is the actual cheapest thing you can do to a room, but it'd look like a million bucks. Patterned logos in living spaces quickly gets too busy, and white walls in general look like primer waiting for paint.

You guys are suuuuper thin-skinned around here (I can't believe he took the pic down)... I'd say that to anybody IRL or message board or whatever, and if they lived close I'd offer to help em paint...

Anyways... again... the entertainment center is super dope... enjoy it... sorry if I offended you OP, wasn't meant to be taken that way
You didnt offend me. The thread was for the entertainment center. I posted it to a public forum which leaves it out there for everyone's opinion. I personally didnt pay attention to how much of the room was being shown and all the details not yet finished. The picture had the tv wires hanging out where I haven't hidden them in the wall and the tv looked crooked in the picture as I had moved it when we placed the entertainment center down. Plus there was holes in the wall from the old tv mount. I was so excited to finally get it home that I snapped a quick picture and posted it. The topic was getting buried from the other imperfections so I deleted it. I'm not thinned skinned. I'm just not yet ready to post the rest of the mancave pics. I'm shooting to be finished by the end of February and then I'll post the entire space. I thought you brought a good point to the wall. I had originally wanted a mural of Neyland stadium, but I needed to hang all of my pictures so I could see how much wall space I have left. I like your idea and I think it would look cool.

First, I love it and will tackle the job and prob build one of my own. Was the squashed look (non proportional) due to design and limit of space that it’ll go into? JW.. love it no matter!
$$$$ and weight. To hit the correct proportions it was going to have to be 7 feet long. Its currently 6 feet and weighs over 300 lbs. It also happens to reside on the 2nd floor. Good eye you were the only one who has noticed thus far

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockytopvol86
$$$$ and weight. To hit the correct proportions it was going to have to be 7 feet long. Its currently 6 feet and weighs over 300 lbs. It also happens to reside on the 2nd floor. Good eye you were the only one who has noticed thus far

I love it ! Did you design or just have the carpenter design it? And at 300+ lbs I’d say leaving it at those proportions was a good call, otherwise getting it up and down stairs would be a disaster! Can you take more pics from other angles?

Reactions: boeninghaus
I love it ! Did you design or just have the carpenter design it? And at 300+ lbs I’d say leaving it at those proportions was a good call, otherwise getting it up and down stairs would be a disaster! Can you take more pics from other angles?
12 gage customs in waynesboro designed it. They made two other pieces for me and I told them I wanted parts of those incorporated with this one. FB_IMG_1549299035142.jpgFB_IMG_1549299029285.jpgreceived_200953777469287.jpegreceived_318657638716168.jpegFB_IMG_1549299035142.jpgFB_IMG_1549299029285.jpgreceived_200953777469287.jpegreceived_318657638716168.jpeg20190203_213134.jpg

Very nice entertainment center... diggin it!

Floor doesn't bother me too too bad (I'd like it a LOT better without the power T in every orange tile).... but that border man... nope... just cause ur a UT fan doesn't mean you have to be outright tacky hahaha

Take the border down.... paint the room a medium gray... on the TV wall, do a smokey mountain skyline accent wall....

Great Smoky Mountains National Park
^- Something like that as a general stencil design

Painter's drop cloth and painters tape... get a few paints in different shades of grey and get lighter as you go up... that'd look sick ;) .... couple hundred in paint and some elbow grease would make the whole room look nice instead of tacky and cheap

Just my opinion... it's ur house feel free to tell me to f right off :)

The entertainment center is super nice tho, carpenter do it for you?

I have been working on my basement and I had the same thought. I did my back wall with four different shades of gray and put a Power T on top. Once I have the rest of the room finished, I will try to post some pics.

Also, the entertainment center is really nice. I was wanting to add a table with the shape of Tennessee myself and I went for a coffee table (still being made). I really like the backlit Power T. Great idea.

You didnt offend me. The thread was for the entertainment center. I posted it to a public forum which leaves it out there for everyone's opinion. I personally didnt pay attention to how much of the room was being shown and all the details not yet finished. The picture had the tv wires hanging out where I haven't hidden them in the wall and the tv looked crooked in the picture as I had moved it when we placed the entertainment center down. Plus there was holes in the wall from the old tv mount. I was so excited to finally get it home that I snapped a quick picture and posted it. The topic was getting buried from the other imperfections so I deleted it. I'm not thinned skinned. I'm just not yet ready to post the rest of the mancave pics. I'm shooting to be finished by the end of February and then I'll post the entire space. I thought you brought a good point to the wall. I had originally wanted a mural of Neyland stadium, but I needed to hang all of my pictures so I could see how much wall space I have left. I like your idea and I think it would look cool.

A lot of us could take lessons in civility from you.
I like the entertainment center and the other pieces you posted. Very nice. It's especially nice that the stars in the tri-stars are all aligned correctly. A lot of folks position them incorrectly.
Thanks for posting the pictures. I hope you and your family get to enjoy and celebrate many, many Vol victories there.

A lot of us could take lessons in civility from you.
I like the entertainment center and the other pieces you posted. Very nice. It's especially nice that the stars in the tri-stars are all aligned correctly. A lot of folks position them incorrectly.
Thanks for posting the pictures. I hope you and your family get to enjoy and celebrate many, many Vol victories there.
Thank you very much in appreciate the kind words.

The little table is boss too.

Thanks! I love the little table!

Should have left the original pics. Screw everybody's opinion.

Yeah maybe I should have. I deleted the original but this one is basically the same just darker than the original. 20190203_201336.jpg

VN Store

Back