Current (and Former) Player Reactions

Good to see the players are at least ready to give him a chance. He probably should have talked to his UCF guys before jumping on the plane though. That isn't a good look. We've all made some bad choices that affected other people. Hope he buys in to his new family and handles it the right way going forward.

Reactions: Border Vol
Good to see the players are at least ready to give him a chance. He probably should have talked to his UCF guys before jumping on the plane though. That isn't a good look. We've all made some bad choices that affected other people. Hope he buys in to his new family and handles it the right way going forward.

44:59 he says he talked to his players. So it looks like he handled it the right way.

They literally have to be. Whats the alternative? A current player criticizes their new head coach? Imagine how that would go over in the locker room.
They literally dont have to be excited. Guys that dont like the hire are either in the portal or will be. The players might actually be geniune about the hire considering they could just leave

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
he did talk to them

So three hours in and we have a grand total of 4 or 5 players or former players on board? Can you smell that wet fart we just hired?

three hours in?? maybe some of these players have a life other than this board

He did talk to his players before he left UCF. He mentioned meeting with them before he departed and also mentioned they recorded a video for the UT players, they showed that to them at the same time his face to face was happening in Orlando.

I get why people like the hire. I get why people don't like the hire. I don't get the need to form up tribes and yell at each other about it lol.

"Pick a side"
"You re either with us......or"
"Dont you know where the term "fan" comes from"

They literally have to be. Whats the alternative? A current player criticizes their new head coach? Imagine how that would go over in the locker room.
God forbid they would take some time, think about it, maybe check in with teammates and families, and come to a decision before opening their big yaps.

They’ll never fit in on VolNation, that’s for sure.

Reactions: volinsd
No. They don't have to say anything at all. You seem to assume they aren't excited... just trying to manipulate him.

After the absolutely ANEMIC offense UT has had over the last 4 years... I'm pretty sure the D might be excited about having some support and the O might be excited about not looking like boobs.
This is EXACTLY right. Kids want to SCORE and we have been pathetic on offense for 4 years.

If CJH comes in and installs a dynamic offense that excites recruits, imo that goes a long way to making this thing stay afloat until NCAA sanctions are over.

Reactions: sjt18
He did talk to his players before he left UCF. He mentioned meeting with them before he departed and also mentioned they recorded a video for the UT players, they showed that to them at the same time his face to face was happening in Orlando.

That's weird. There were twatter posts of some of them seemingly surprised and shocked that he never said goodbye etc. I guess they may have jumped the gun and he talked to them after they were posted. I guess I should have watched the presser.

VN Store

Back