Curious: What do Vols have to do vs UF…

I’d be asking the impossible if I was blunt and honest.

So I guess just don’t get embarrassed. Only lose by three or less touchdowns.

Go into Gainesville and smack UF in the mouth. Unlikely, but that’s what we need to do.

Reactions: Vol Main
If just one of the QB’s were to play meaningful time, complete about 60%, create scores and not turnovers……and connect on a couple deep throws……that would ease my SC, Miz, and KY jitters quite a bit.

let’s face it Tennessee is quite a bit away from Bama and Georgia…….but with some good QB play they can have a pretty good season.

Avoid injuries.

As we start playing bigger, more athletic and more physical SEC teams, we're just one or two injuries away from being severely overmatched in the trenches.

Overall, for the future, we need to see some flashes of Heupel's offense having success against SEC competition. We need to see some deep balls actually work, some turnovers, some special teams wins....... vs SEC opponents.

I don't think we have to have injuries to be in this situation against most SEC teams.

to encourage you optimistically looking toward the rest of the season and overall direction of the program?
images

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Move the ball given the constraints of what I already know we can and can’t do. For instance I already know we won’t be able to run on them so I accept that as a constraint. I think we can through the air to some extent, that’ll obviously be limited to a degree because of the lack of run game but I’d be disappointed if we had zero success in the air. On defense it’d be stopping the run, I already know we can’t rush the passer very well so I won’t too pissed if they throw the ball well. I will be if they run it all over us

Throw the football 75 times. I do not believe that UT will be able to run the football against UF defense. The quarterback may be able to slip free a couple of times but I seriously doubt that UT's current stable of running backs is up to the challenge.
JMHO
I agree. Come out throwing and then maybe run a little off of that if anything gets opened up

Everything that has been said before on here.Let their6'6 300 lb de run all over the field after our qb's a few times,then obliterate his butt by Spraggins,Carvin,or Mayes on a long trap.

Respond when we get knocked down. Don't get down the dumps and let your mistakes dictate the rest of the game.

UF scores? March down the field and shut their fans up with a TD.

Turn the ball over? Make a good defensive stop and take their momentum away.

This is what good teams do. This is what we used to do. I'd like to see us do this again. We showed a little of this in the Pitt game.

Throw the football 75 times. I do not believe that UT will be able to run the football against UF defense. The quarterback may be able to slip free a couple of times but I seriously doubt that UT's current stable of running backs is up to the challenge.
JMHO
If we can’t run the ball effectively we will definitely struggle to throw the ball short, intermediate, or long. Just almost impossible to throw if you can’t run which may be your point.

Put CJH in a uniform at halftime. Sneak him in during the 2nd half. That should solve the QB problem.

I would like to see the Vols scored more points during a game than their opponent does. It would greatly increase their chances of winning.

VN Store

Back