Cuonzo Martin Out At Missouri

WBO

247 Sports reports Missouri has fired Martin after 4 years. We all know his story, coming from abject poverty from one of the toughest cities in America. That is no doubt a factor in what could be a prickly personality.

I always was impressed by his ability to see an opportunity to move on before the bloom was off the rose. If you will recall he left us rather flat-footed when he went to Cal-Berkley and he took with him the big top 3 recruit that he had been after for 2 years. So he's at Cal and he's not setting things on fire especially since the recruit had moved on to the NBA. But he is all set to get the #1 recruit when he suddenly heads to Missouri with that recruit following and eventually being all SEC.

Guess this time the lateral move wasn't readily available.

247 Sports reports Missouri has fired Martin after 4 years. We all know his story, coming from abject poverty from one of the toughest cities in America. That is no doubt a factor in what could be a prickly personality.

I always was impressed by his ability to see an opportunity to move on before the bloom was off the rose. If you will recall he left us rather flat-footed when he went to Cal-Berkley and he took with him the big top 3 recruit that he had been after for 2 years. So he's at Cal and he's not setting things on fire especially since the recruit had moved on to the NBA. But he is all set to get the #1 recruit when he suddenly heads to Missouri with that recruit following and eventually being all SEC.

Guess this time the lateral move wasn't readily available.
I see it the opposite. He seems to move on before he knows that he’ll be fired.

In my opinion it actually was and you have every right to disagree. But some of the things that the administration and or supporters did to him was unheard of.

Like making him fly commercial when he was using the donor’s jet for personal business? Just like Rosa Parks.

In my opinion it actually was and you have every right to disagree. But some of the things that the administration and or supporters did to him was unheard of.
That’s cool, that’s your opinion. Meanwhile you had white kids like me who defended him and supported him through everything and it was a smack in the face when he left and insinuated racism. I’m glad he finally is shown what he is. A crap coach. Barnes came into a similar situation, where everyone wasn’t bought in, and he excelled. Racism is an excuse for people to hid what everyone was really mad about. Crap coaching, that’s just the truth.

I think he'll be a HC again for his sake at a mid major. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch listed Saint Louis U HC Travis Ford as a candidate. I'm a SLU fan so hope that does not happen.

Reactions: Volfan1000
And further more Susan (sublime reference), there’s still people today that would take Bruce over Barnes. Barnes, whose maybe had the best 5 year run in school history. I guess that’s just the ageism of this fan base 🙄. At the end of the day if cuonzo was a better coach, he would have made it at UT. Playing the race card is just soft, unaccountable nonsense. Instead of blaming everyone else, he should have invested his time into becoming a better coach. He’s had years to do it at this point, but when you blame everyone else for your failures, that’s what you end up being. A failure.

That’s cool, that’s your opinion. Meanwhile you had white kids like me who defended him and supported him through everything and it was a smack in the face when he left and insinuated racism. I’m glad he finally is shown what he is. A crap coach. Barnes came into a similar situation, where everyone wasn’t bought in, and he excelled. Racism is an excuse for people to hid what everyone was really mad about. Crap coaching, that’s just the truth.
I don't have the energy for this today man. I really don't we have Kentucky for a chance to win a championship tomorrow. I respect your opinion but I'm moving on

And if I remember correctly, the media gave Vol Nation a lot of grief for wanting Pearl back, and they played the race card, as well.

Yeah, the white supremacists didn’t want the black guy, but they wanted the Jewish one.

The media had a field day with the closet racist fans narrative and Cuonzo was all too happy to pour gasoline on it. Tells me all I need to know about him.

HateKentucky.jpg

I really don't have any feelings about Martin. The past is the past. Time to move on and think about the future. I so want us to beat Kentucky today. My neighbor (a big Kentucky fan) is already trolling me about the game. :( I need the good guys in orange to beat Kensucky and then let's go win a championship Sunday. GBO!

Wish him the best. Met him and his wife many years ago and a really nice guy. Took the Tennessee job while the program was crashing and his 2014 team was a shot away from going to the elite 8 which is something only one Tennessee coach could ever pull off. Things worked out better for us after he left and hope he finds a nice coaching job after this.

I think he'll be a HC again for his sake at a mid major. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch listed Saint Louis U HC Travis Ford as a candidate. I'm a SLU fan so hope that does not happen.
That would be interesting. I know it was 30 years ago, but he was public enemy #1 with the Missouri fan base, for his transfer to Kentucky.

What's the excuse at the other stops? He had a track record of leaving ahead of the posse after 3 seasons.

Wish him the best. Met him and his wife many years ago and a really nice guy. Took the Tennessee job while the program was crashing and his 2014 team was a shot away from going to the elite 8 which is something only one Tennessee coach could ever pull off. Things worked out better for us after he left and hope he finds a nice coaching job after this.

I wish him the best too. Good character but he was never that good of a coach. The program wasn't crashing when he took over. Did Pearl leave a ton of talent - no but he had McCrae and a couple other talented guys. Now the way he left it was a different story.

Reactions: GoBears

VN Store

Back