Culture changing in football program

I liked the remake at least as much. It was true to the original, but different. I especially liked the "Bear Man" sequence.

Outside of the court scene I thought it was an embarrassment. I like Matt Damon, but he made a terrible Ranger. Also really like Brolin and he sucked as Tom Chaney too.

Jmo tho.

Last edited:
Roadhouse is an American treasure and cinematic masterpiece. A veritable tour de force of bawdy sex, fisticuffs, revenge, and justice. Plus it added to the lexicon, watch some dude get worked up one side and down the other in a dustup and you just witnessed someone getting Swayze’d. Few movies can tout that.

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if a huge culture change will take place in the program. Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know how Coach Pruitt is trying to instill a different culture. Are there poor attitudes in the program? Should we expect several players to leave the program? Are different types of players needed and being recruited? My wife and I watched a great movie last night that got us to thinking about this. I would recommend it to anyone that is going into a new leadership situation. It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program here. Really recommend this movie as an inspiration for Coach Pruitt when he needs a lift. Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!" Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking. Just think about this.
Double Deuce Club = Volunteer Football Program
Dalton = Coach Pruitt
Brad Wesley = could represent Butch Jones' culture
Wade Garrett = Rush Propst (Garrett was Dalton's mentor in the movie)
Tilghman (Double Deuce Owner) = Phil Fulmer AD
Morgan / Steve / waitress = players/staff that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD

Dude you need to see the episode of the Squidbillies on Adult Swim where they skewered Roadhouse, Patrick Swayze, and the love affair Southerners have for that film. Hint: It ain't that serious man.

They would have to completely neuter the character of Buford T. Justice today. He said so much off color stuff in that movie that would get shredded in the hash tag era.

It would be awful.
That sum bitch couldn't survive in todays movie environment. Just sad.

Anytime you have a new coach, one has to wonder if a huge culture change will take place in the program. Some of you guys with more insight into the program may know how Coach Pruitt is trying to instill a different culture. Are there poor attitudes in the program? Should we expect several players to leave the program? Are different types of players needed and being recruited? My wife and I watched a great movie last night that got us to thinking about this. I would recommend it to anyone that is going into a new leadership situation. It was called Roadhouse, and the whole time my wife and I was watching it, we were talking about how the plot could be related to rebuilding the football program here. Really recommend this movie as an inspiration for Coach Pruitt when he needs a lift. Best line of the movie was when the singer, Cody, said to a silent club, " His name is Dalton!" Truly gave me chills. Symbolism is striking. Just think about this.
Double Deuce Club = Volunteer Football Program
Dalton = Coach Pruitt
Brad Wesley = could represent Butch Jones' culture
Wade Garrett = Rush Propst (Garrett was Dalton's mentor in the movie)
Tilghman (Double Deuce Owner) = Phil Fulmer AD
Morgan / Steve / waitress = players/staff that had to be removed to improve the culture at DD

Meow what in the hell is going on in here?

It may be my orange colored glasses, but I think we’re in a good spot. We have ace recruiters, a defensive minded HC with a career OC who’s been proven. It doesn’t feel like 98, but I look forward to better things this year.

I feel that maybe an even more accurate thematic depiction of Tennessee football might be The Revenant. Leonardo Decaprio representing UT football... just keeps getting abused and mauled and wont stop. This may not be a popular post here, but I couldn't help myself.

That sum bitch couldn't survive in todays movie environment. Just sad.

Laughing. Not a week goes by that I or one of the deplorables I work with don't work in a quote from that movie. Our regular favorites are S&TB, Captain Ron, Tombstone, and Colonel Flagg from M.A.S.H. There are others, but those pop up regularly.

I love my job.

VN Store

Back